Visually etc. My car of the day -today

vrskeith

• 1 month later...

Just had the new motor delivered in style innit.no watt I mean Bro !  - Oh I wish !

Edited by vrskeith

No !! not imo Journos have to create a negative for headlines!

Driven the Cayman 981 manual and PDK. also the 718 Boxster manual recently, now waiting for the test drive in the 718 Cayman in September.

6 cyl noise is not everything, to this old, going deaf fart but it's all about driving ability for me .

Each to their own in my opinion.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

Oh! How could I forget to mention , that I have been a very luck bunny, in that my local Porsche Franchise Owner allowed me, after testing the Cayman & Boxster he allowed me a drive in his Cayman GT4 - WoW just the icing on the cake of my day. What a fantastic car !!!!

No need to dip into my piggy bank, as not available.

​My friendly local independent stockist has this slightly above book price Cayman GT4 for sale along with 5 Focus RS's

​£94999 in white 100 delivery miles. Only about £25k above book.

Edited by vrskeith

Common for those not wanting to sell to ask too much, and if someone pays over the odds let it go.

(Companies Stock and not a owners personal property, or so the Accountant and the HMRC have to be shown.)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh! How could I forget to mention , that I have been a very luck bunny, in that my local Porsche Franchise Owner allowed me, after testing the Cayman & Boxster he allowed me a drive in his Cayman GT4 - WoW just the icing on the cake of my day. What a fantastic car !!!!

No need to dip into my piggy bank, as not available.

So me and the missus have our test drive of the 718 Cayman booked for early Sept, after our return from the WRC German round. Entry level is fine for our Wiltshire country roads and touring.

Porsche 718 Cayman 2016 review.

• 3 weeks later...

Think if I wanted the best 2 seater hardtop for similar money compared to the Golf GTI Clubsport S,then it would have to be the Cayman base spec with minor options.See reviews below.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/volkswagen/golf-gti-clubsport-s

So me and the missus have our test drive of the 718 Cayman booked for early Sept, after our return from the WRC German round. Entry level is fine for our Wiltshire country roads and touring.

Edited by vrskeith

I know we must not exceed the NSL's and drive safe, but these 'Porsche Drivers' Sunday driving any day of the week on some of the best driving roads in the UK and acting like road captains are peeing me right off.

They are in the main now Porsche Convertible drivers of a certain age and might or might not be out for a drive, or heading to the Golf Coarses.

?

Have they all taken it to heart that 56mph is the most economic speed unless overtaken then they must overtake then slow down again?

• Like 1

I know we must not exceed the NSL's and drive safe, but these 'Porsche Drivers' Sunday driving any day of the week on some of the best driving roads in the UK and acting like road captains are peeing me right off.

They are in the main now Porsche Convertible drivers of a certain age and might or might not be out for a drive, or heading to the Golf Coarses.

?

Have they all taken it to heart that 56mph is the most economic speed unless overtaken then they must overtake then slow down again?

Scotland only of course George, too much of a sweeping generalization, for old farts based in the Southwest of England lol.

Edited by vrskeith

For the wrong reasons.

Today for the first time I saw a Bentley Bentayga.

**** me what an ugly ******.

bentleydft-bentaygad3-2015ar-00010037.jp

It's got an arse like Darth Vader's helmet

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

And, at that, the "near production" Bentayga is "better"* looking than the original Beijing motor show entry; I mean I saw that and I swear the shot I saw had a guy looking for some place to be sick in it!

* For certain values of "better".

May be coming soon but will it be a Cayman or Boxster 718 or 981.

Delivery for Cayman if order placed today would be March 2017 > depending on spec.

Bloody great car which ever model .

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/porsche/718-cayman/first-drives/2016-porsche-718-cayman-20-review

Oh! For me, it has to be a manual box.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

Very jealous.

Some beautiful classics last night @ Trump Turnberry.

I hope they drive into better weather this morning.  

EDIT.

http://www.talkmorgan.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/302382/Scottish_Rally_Tour_2016

post-86161-0-98373400-1473664359_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-67595000-1473705768_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-66290500-1473705783_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-90047100-1473705800_thumb.jpg

Edited by GoneOffSKi
  • Like 1

Very jealous.

Some beautiful classics last night @ Trump Turnberry.

I hope they drive into better weather this morning.  

Lovely stuff George. I very nearly bought a Morgan plus 4 when I first got married, in BRG. When MG B's were the car to have. I also remember seeing my 1st  brand new E type at a sprint day at Yeovilton,it to was in BRG. The owner was giving out E Type brochures to all the young kids- yes I was one and I still have It to this day.Still recall the smell of the leather , as I type this !!

for me yesterday it was an Orange McLaren...   one of the ones with the boomerang rear lights - 570 maybe??

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 1