Visually etc. My car of the day -today

vrskeith

I like Swedish Racing Green. 

As to your Aston, B&Q etc will mix the colour if you go for the emulsion option just apply with a roller. Wash off & change as you like.

007 type thing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

I like Swedish Racing Green. 

As to your Aston, B&Q etc will mix the colour if you go for the emulsion option just apply with a roller. Wash off & change as you like.

007 type thing.

Brexit will change all this,all cars to  be in this colour.

Boris Johnson will insist on it, backed up by his knife in the cack mate Michael Gove.!

Edited by vrskeith

• 1 month later...

Maybe a stretch for car of the day but certainly a surprise...

Vauxhall-Insignia-789332.jpg

I've seen a few now and it genuinely is a decent looking motor. I think probably the last time I saw a vauxhall (a real one not a Holden or a Lotus) and though "nice" would have been the Calibra.

I'm not saying I'd buy one, I've seen too many broken down Vx recently but it's a handsome motor. Makes you wonder how they sneaked this past the design board of doom and dullness.

• Like 3

@Aspman yeah, theres a dealer just down the road from us, its actually where my inshi%nia was first bought. 

I see the new demo ones out and about a bit and it is quite an imposing, handsome chunk. I reckon it may have been done to try and impress the new french bosses :D

I see dozens of older insignias every day. And even though i drive one too, i do keep saying to myself they are basically just a Vectra not anything special - thus why theres so f'in many of them - even with this new one.. tbh, the list of crap ive had with mine i wont be replacing it with another one, but octys and superbs are just still too expensive second hand - for now - and so are mazda6's. Pretty much my list of replacement options.

And the worst part being most of the ex pcp diesels across every marque are likely to have the same general problems having been cheap tax purchases and never driven the way they were designed for, all short hop journeys wrecking dpfs and egrs etc... 

• Like 1

What a place to be as, Father/Mum /Son / Daughter etc. weekend - with that special metal and motors to handle.

Bit of an expensive Easter, if you have to spend maybe £100 k plus to get the experience. All relative I guess.

Still brilliant!

My favourite crossover currently on sale.

Looks solid as granite in the Tech Grey.

If you look closer though the usual penny pinching and cheap components and ashes to ashes, dust to dust the brakes will soon turn to rust.

DSCN0078.JPG

DSCN0079.JPG

DSCN0086.JPG

DSCN0084.JPG

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vrskeith said:

Not my particular cuppa but maybe others.

Also this one.

Before it was wrapped,as above to protect the paint?

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEXCPYBEIoBSFryq4qpAwkIARUAAIhCGAE=&rs=AOn4CLB-S0C5cO4BNOxu0tI0pHdOVdMFgA

Yesterday these  were visually my cars of the day as there were about a dozen, and my fat grey eleflump stuck with them over Scotland best driving roads for about 15 miles of driving fun.. the dirty diesel had the advantage over them on the sharp turns and steep uphills.

They had the advantage though tight into the edge as the many RS, S, GTI. M, AMG etc were coming wide on the wrong side of the road towards us, all obviously within the speed limit.

DSCN0131.JPG

DSCN0132.JPG

DSCN0133.JPG

DSCN0144.JPG

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 3

Brexit or Not Brexit  but certainly not British.

Great looking though and sounds fantastic, however you view it?

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/video-aston-martin-vantage-review-it-good-enough-beat-911

Edited by vrskeith

31 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

Either of todays would do, and i am sure i could live in the Porsche if shove came to push!

DSCN0184.JPG

DSCN0187.JPG

DSCN0179.JPG

DSCN0181.JPG

Are they at the same dealership George.lol

Love the ECO features on the Merc , forget EVs. Wood burner , Solar cells and wind defectors - fantastic options imo.

Dougal been treating himself again George?

I've not seen his old man's minging Bentayga again.

Edited by Aspman

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Skodaboy1983 said:

See one of these in the flesh tonight.

Quite like the look of this.

CC32E6A3-840C-4F86-93A4-CC8D17FFBB26.jpeg

The first one I seen was black and not even pearlescent, it looked 'flat' and I was disappointed. 

I then seen a R design one in the above Turmeric Yellow, what a lovely looking car.  Only direct comparison would be the A5 (in the 4 door coupe market) and I think VW have made a better job of it.  The new A5 is a step backwards IMO and shares a very similar silhouette to the current Mondeo.