Front splitter - seat mk2 Leon cupra...

Hey all, my loving wife thought that a concrete slab was a piece of wood when she parked the other day. The result is a few scratches under the front bumper.

My thought is to fit a Seat Leon Cupra front splitter (part no. 1ML 805 903) being its made of plastic and doesn't need painting. Anyway they seem to have gone up in price over recent years but I got mine from seat for £45 and it'll arrive in a few weeks.

It's a common mod to many different vehicles (including a number of skoda octavia mk2) and there are lots of 'how to' videos on you tube so with any luck it'll be nice and straight forward. I'll share some pictures to!

• Like 2

Ah yes, the Seat Leon Cupra front splitter - an amazing bit of plastic that manages to both fit and look good on about 75% of cars on the road - I reckon Seat makes more money selling them to other car marque owners than they do selling actual cars :)

BTW - I fitted one to my Citroen C4 - doddle to retrofit with some self tapping screws and looked very smart & OEM.

• Like 1

There is a factory item no?

I remember a thread here about the montecarlo edition spaceback which has a smart lower bumper panel - part numbers were there on the thread too.

Yes there is, the part number is 5JA807795C but it is ridiculously priced, at least on ETKA. Also it is available only on glossy black colour.

Ooh another Meadens car :)

Wouldn,t it have been easier to buy a Maxton or Superskoda splitter that is tailor made to fit the Rapid?

My experience with Meadens was very mixed... Elements of Good and lots of REALLY BAD! I would not recommend them!

In regards the Taylor made splitters they're more than double the price! £45 vs £100+ for the maxton and super skoda ones, so I can justify the effort of a little bit of tinkering (there really isn't a lot to do, just a couple bits to trim down and a few v-shape cuts in order for it to follow the curve of the rapid bumper)

Edited by JonBRapid

its on my long list of things to do... but I will post some pictures once its done, won't for till August I imagine as my wife is due to have a baby on the 13th July!!! 

its on my long list of things to do... but I will post some pictures once its done, won't for till August I imagine as my wife is due to have a baby on the 13th July!!! 

Our first started on the 13th July but actually arrived on the 14th - and then she turned out to be a right little Bastille!

...only kidding Lou.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all, so after over a year I had a play with the splitter... ...so I got the black and decker wizard out and removed a bit of excess plastic to make it a bit more flexible. But I ran out of light and patience... To be continued (hopefully sooner than the last attempt!)

The legend of the Cupra splitter continues. It still makes me chuckle just how many cars - other than the one it's intended for - that splitter gets added to.

• Like 1

The legend of the Cupra splitter continues. It still makes me chuckle just how many cars - other than the one it's intended for - that splitter gets added to.

I do however wish I'd spent the extra £60 and bought the maxton design one!

http://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/product/rapid/front-splitter-skoda-rapid.html

It must be easier to fit than this one!

• 2 weeks later...

I do however wish I'd spent the extra £60 and bought the maxton design one!

http://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/product/rapid/front-splitter-skoda-rapid.html

It must be easier to fit than this one!

Yes its easy enough i only had to drill 3 hole's (where the 'pillars' are) into the bumper all the guide holes line up with the edges of the front wheel, took two of us 30-40 mins to do , you can see the photo on the sports suspension thread.