Removing rear seats

ColinD

First you need to fold the seat down, easy peasy lemon squeezy, then you just need to find this little section where it's slotted in

DSC_0558_zpsvkwfos7g.jpg

Next you need to push the painted area towards the rear of the car (this'll damage the paint but it's an unseen area (look at where the chip is, slot a screw driver (flat head) in there and push it towards the rear))

DSC_0559_zpsu7cqkto3.jpg

Do the same step on the drivers side, then unscrew the centre mount by removing this torx screw in the boot

DSC_0561_zpswpngeetm.jpg

Then remove the plastic cover at the front

DSC_0560_zpsoihpyeub.jpg

And that will release a metal bracket holding the uprights in place, next it will be a case of wiggling them out, to put them back in just do the steps in reverse but we didn't bother to push the cover ontop of the hinge back on (not the middle hinge rather the ones either side) as it sorted itself out when we pushed the seat back up, PM me or Updown as he'll be as useful as me 

• Administrators

That red painted roller (cam action) bit is the bit I was assuming I'd have to move. I did tentatively try and it did begin to move, but very very reluctantly, I then felt my fingers & paint would come of worse... I'll man up. Blood is red, paint is red, natural filler.

• Like 1

Use a flat driver, angled backwards and tap it with the palm of your hand. Start in the slot of the roller, then put it between the lug on the seat and the edge of the roller and push it round the rest of the way. To reinsert them push the lug into the hole and push firmly down on the corner of the seat. The roller will then lock the seats into place. The plastic trim is a nightmare to get back on, best off doing it with the seats halfway between flat and upright, which can be awkward. The base of the rear seats is fairly easy to remove, by pulling the back of the seat up, then yanking really hard at each side on the front. The clips that the seat attach to can come away with the seat when removed, which can be awkward when swapping seats as we found, but can be removed from the seat by a bit of gentle screwdriver action. Hope this helps a little bit :)

• 2 years later...

Hello! Newbie here.  16 reg citigo colour edition on pcp which is coming up to the end of its second year and feeling a bit small. That said it's so reliable and easy I am so happy with it.

Sorry to resurrect this post.

I want to take the back seats out for more space, am putting a small platform in for storage. I followed this excellent tutorial which is so helpful and have released the side bits and the nut in the boot but for love nor money I can't get the plastic cover off at the front. I wonder if there is a knack?

• 1 month later...

help me I couldn't do it

On ٢٧‏/١٢‏/٢٠١٧ at 13:14, NogginNog said:

Oooh I did it!! :biggrin:

As a recently made single nearly 40 year old woman who previously didn't get her hands dirty, that was a great feeling of accomplishment right there! 

Now stuck on these clips though. Do they actually come off? 

20171227_111309.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I used a small pry bar levered on a piece of 12mm ply to lift the copper clips out - I didn't want to break anything by just using brute force.

I found this thread really useful - many thanks to the contributors.