Beavo's SE Fabia, AKA 'Beast'

stevobeavo

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. 

13 hours ago, andsoutham said:

Looks great mate :) still need to get mine done. Booking onto snetterton in November?

Hopefully mate,

My first and only trip there wasn't a good one lol. 

• 1 month later...

Car had its MOT the other week and sailed through. Only advisory was a front tyre approaching legal limits, not bad when the tyre has done 13k miles on the road and 3 track days.

The company used to get my previous set of NS-2R's can't get hold of them until July, despite them being a Motorsport tyre company!

So i rung our tyre supplier at work last week for a new set of NS-2R's and found out there a official Nankang supplier, so i placed a order and a brand new set from the factory turned up today for the grand price of £100!!

IMG_20170428_145230848

Next up will be pads and possibly wheel refurb. I'm also on the look out for a replacement car and was in talks with nlsea to swap for his Octavia, but unfortunately someone bought it before we could finalise details.

Edited by stevobeavo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Checking over the car the other week I found yet another torn CV gaitor!!

IMG_20170516_155330

Replaced with a cheap one for now as we were having a load of rain so was a temporary fix to stop the grease getting washed out

IMG_20170607_083509418

However I might raise the front of the car as I not liking the angle of the drive shafts. Probably why the gaitor aren't lasting that long lol.

IMG_20170607_084944627

And while I had the car in the workshop I gave the interior a tidy up.

IMG_20170517_184607175IMG_20170517_184711208

IMG_20170517_184636423

IMG_20170517_184809491IMG_20170517_184748586

Doesn't scrub up to badly. 

Also threw the old head and cam on the workshop wall for a bit of 'ART', knowing my luck I'll have a whole Fabia on it by the end of the year lol.

IMG_20170512_114929187

Edited by stevobeavo
  • Like 4

On 28/04/2017 at 23:12, stevobeavo said:

Car had its MOT the other week and sailed through. Only advisory was a front tyre approaching legal limits, not bad when the tyre has done 13k miles on the road and 3 track days.

The company used to get my previous set of NS-2R's can't get hold of them until July, despite them being a Motorsport tyre company!

So i rung our tyre supplier at work last week for a new set of NS-2R's and found out there a official Nankang supplier, so i placed a order and a brand new set from the factory turned up today for the grand price of £100!!

IMG_20170428_145230848

Next up will be pads and possibly wheel refurb. I'm also on the look out for a replacement car and was in talks with nlsea to swap for his Octavia, but unfortunately someone bought it before we could finalise details.

£100.00 for all 4 or just two or just one...? :)

Great Car btw...!!! ;)

Cheers mate,

That price is for just the 2 tyres. If it was for all 4 I'd have bought quite a few sets haha. 

There also brilliant in the rain too. Until they wear down to half there tread depth.

• Like 2

Popped out to look at my exhaust, found this....

IMG_20170617_103110955

No note or anything. I'm pretty angry about it, I do hate people sometimes :( 

Oh and yes pip my exhaust is slightly wonky!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, broguer said:

Hi mate, can i ask what size tyres you run on the Spiders?
Rubbish news on the rear quarter :( B**TARDS

There 205/40/17. Perfect size for spiders on a Fabia.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, broguer said:

Good lad! Thats what i wanted to hear :) and what actual tyres did you go for?

Fronts are Ns2r's in the 180 tread wear, rears are Bridgestone RE002 I believe. 

Edited by stevobeavo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gave the car a oil and filter change this morning. First one since unit 18 done the cam and head. thought it's best to carry on using decent oil 

IMG_20170705_085115002

Nice freebie through work :D

On 17/06/2017 at 10:09, pip_vrs said:

Is your exhaust wonky?

:D

Found out why my exhaust was wonky,

IMG_20170705_081547124

Milltek quality lol.

Gave it a quick weld, excuse the state of it, I'm still learning...I have quite a way to go so it seems lol.

2017-07-05_09-11-29

2017-07-05_06-42-21

sitting a bit straighter. I also knocked the exhaust in 1/2"-1" too so it's sitting a lot nicer.

2017-07-05_08-59-47

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RobLarby said:

I'm laughing at your welds, knowing full well I can't do any better than that myself hahaha

It's shocking isn't it. I'm not actually that with normal steel. I just could get the right setting this time :( , Oh well it works and looks better, all I care about haha.

Any updates your end?

Edited by stevobeavo

13 minutes ago, stevobeavo said:

It's shocking isn't it. I'm not actually that with normal steel. I just could get the right setting this time :( , Oh well it works and looks better, all I care about haha.

Any updates your end?

Car is due back on the 12th, just need to get some funds together now for 2260, tubular, downpipe, injectors etc. Hopefully i win the lotto :(

• 3 months later...

Just a small up date, haven't really driven the car much at all over the last 3 months, the card actually been up at unit 18 for the last month having some work done which means I get the awesome little lupo again

IMG_20171026_083833850

IMG_20171027_171941309

When the cars back I'll be getting it ready to sell it. Getting the wheels done for free by the guy we use at work, going for silver as it will be easier to sell on, get some dents and body work sorted then it will be up for sale.