Beavo's SE Fabia, AKA 'Beast'

stevobeavo

Tax isnt really an issue. This ones on spax adjustable suspension (£1000 apparently) and has a aftermarket exhaust plus decat on it.

If I got it, it would be my daily drive but then the money spent on this would pay for a turbo upgrade....decision's lol

Clio sport every time, having driven both I love the Clios drive just nice to have a Fab for a bit of reliability ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You can't have the nice reliable diesel as the fun car and the expensive to tax, run and drive as well as unreliable I should say :D as your daily!

It's just how I roll lol. I'm going to have a proper look over it today at work an take it for a drive.

Also a sample of my badges from pastyboy turned up yesterday. Not 100% but considering what I'm having done its pretty damn good. So I've asked him to go ahead with it.

Edited by stevobeavo

It's just how I roll lol. I'm going to have a proper look over it today at work an take it for a drive.

Also a sample of my badges from pastyboy turned up yesterday. Not 100% but considering what I'm having done its pretty damn good. So I've asked him to go ahead with it.

Take it past 5k or it isn't a test drive :)

• Like 1

If it were me..

Strip out the clio for fast/track action.

Fabia as a daily.

Or sack off the Clio as it'll just break and spend the £1k on things for Fabia to make it quicker/handle better etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had went out for a test drive, things a bit of a dog. Knocks on the suspension, engine has a slight tap (covered up but the slighlty blowing manifold and a few dash lights were lit up.

Looks like I'm sticking with the furby and goig to try and get around 260bhp from it in the new year.

• Like 3

Just had went out for a test drive, things a bit of a dog. Knocks on the suspension, engine has a slight tap (covered up but the slighlty blowing manifold and a few dash lights were lit up.

Looks like I'm sticking with the furby and goig to try and get around 260bhp from it in the new year.

Offer him £750 and break it for spares ;)

Looks like the fabia is getting a few upgrades den (rubbing hands 2gthr )lol

Can't wait to see the upcoming updates on the thread.

Popcorn ready & waiting

No real updates, still waiting on the bumper to turn up, fed up of ha bing a car that looks like the elephant man lol.

I've ordered a can of plasti dip to redo my front grill as I'm not a fan of the carbon wrap anymore. I have a couple spare grills at home so I'll get that done ready for the new badges.

Went out with a friend tonight who has one of those Bluetooth obd adapters and a app on his iPhone. We used a 50mph road to test it and had the car in second gear. We did a couple 20-40 & 30-rev limiter and the average was

20-40mph = 1.62

30-limiter = 1.68

Which I don't think is bad considering I'm off boost at 20mph and I did get some wheel spin on both runs. Would along be intresting to get some vbox kit on the car to see how accurate that app is.

• Like 2

New bumper turned up today with a few other bits. Need to do some hacking before I get it all painted.

24108039331_7d5b0bb9bc_b.jpg

23822842349_2024990e20_b.jpg

I also resealed a rear door. Tiny leak from it again.

23838913209_d2e85abda8_b.jpg

And I finally got round to sorting my exhaust out. I've noticed that the pipes stick out a long way

23838914509_bce21bcbed_b.jpg

Took the exhaust clamp off...well it fell off after the bolt snapped when undoing it, gave it a kick and tadaaaa

24098703682_38063b180d_b.jpg

much better.

Spare mikalor clamp fitted

24124157591_1ea75a27c3_b.jpg

Nice bit of melting been going on. Now has plenty of clearance.

24206746525_a949a26a38_b.jpg

• Like 3

Exhaust looks good, need to see a rear facing picture now!

Ive got my milltek exhaust in the garage, just need to get it fitted but want it sticking out the same as yours but want it as close as i can to the bumper, dont want any sag or gaps above it!

Ive got my milltek exhaust in the garage, just need to get it fitted but want it sticking out the same as yours but want it as close as i can to the bumper, dont want any sag or gaps above it!

Just got mine fitted on Tuesday.

Thort it looked like it wasn't sticking out enuf. Lol

403cac0382ad751dd0d8088276807ad4.jpg

It can go back a bit more, I've seen some where its flush with the bumper. Doesn't look right to me. I'll get a behind shot tomorrow. I think it's slightly bent :(

It can go back a bit more, I've seen some where its flush with the bumper. Doesn't look right to me. I'll get a behind shot tomorrow. I think it's slightly bent :(

Ah, how so?

Want a picture of my backbox to check?

You might find it moves with that mikalor clamp,I've used them before and they always let the exhaust twist.

The band is too wide to properly clamp an exhaust ;)

• Like 1

Mines sitting very very slightly bent / twisted on the left side so will try and adjust it with the clamps before adjusting the hangers. I bought mikalor clamps for mine also, cost £5 each which I thought was ok.

You might find it moves with that mikalor clamp,I've used them before and they always let the exhaust twist.

The band is too wide to properly clamp an exhaust ;)

You might be right, it had a mikalor on it before and I thought I could see a faint ring further up the pipe where it could have once be butted up to the centre section.

I do have a proper clamp in the shed so I'll keep and eye on it, thanks.

• Like 1

Today an Internet fantasy became a reality...

Finally got to see this in the flesh and BOY it didn't disappoint!

Absolute beast of a car!

The power delivery of this is insane!

Thanks for taking me for a spin in it stevobeavo well worth the trip down there.

Top bloke.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Today an Internet fantasy became a reality...

Finally got to see this in the flesh and BOY it didn't disappoint!

Absolute beast of a car!

The power delivery of this is insane!

Thanks for taking me for a spin in it stevobeavo well worth the trip down there.

Top bloke.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Good to meet you too.

Haha, shame it was wet today so traction was an issue in 2nd. Still at least we managed to have a bit of a blast.

Hope you enjoy the anti roll bar.

Edited by stevobeavo
  • Like 1

Good to meet you too.

Haha, shame it was wet today so traction was an issue in 2nd. Still at least we managed to have a bit of a blast.

Hope you enjoy the anti roll bar.

Can't get bored of that tho.

ALL DAY LONG. lol

Ye gna try 2get it cleaned up and hopefully fitted b4 brands hatch day.

Can't get bored of that tho.

ALL DAY LONG. lol

Ye gna try 2get it cleaned up and hopefully fitted b4 brands hatch day.

Still feels slow to me haha. Managed to get 39mpg too on that blast....God knows how lol.

If I do get a new hybrid then you have first refusal of this one :)

Still feels slow to me haha. Managed to get 39mpg too on that blast....God knows how lol.

You Need a gtb2260 after already having a hybrid ;)

You Need a gtb2260 after already having a hybrid ;)

Well that's what I thought, but after ali at unit 18 said mine is quicker than some of the 260/270bhp gtb's he's driven.

So I think I rather have one of their spec hybrids that can run a reliable 260bhp and is a bolt on job rather and the faffing around with a gtb.

• Like 1

How is that possible?

I just about managed 49.9 to be exact on my return journey. (Mostly on full beans)

Cheers stevobeavo.