Moving to the Area

skodanorman

Morning gents. 

I'm shortly going to be relocating to Wiltshire (Swindon to be exact). Are there many about? Does much go on in these parts? Fill me in. PS - what is the best dealer to use in the area?

Cheers.

Gosh, that's a bold move! I wish you all the best, moving your fleet of vehicles could be interesting!

Sorry, I can't add anything more constructive to the thread though :P

Gosh, that's a bold move! I wish you all the best, moving your fleet of vehicles could be interesting!

Sorry, I can't add anything more constructive to the thread though :p

The biggest problem has been finding somewhere to with sufficient parking, hence the mass exodus from the fleet. Now down to just two cars and one motorcycle. Hopefully we won't miss Wales too much - it's just a quick hop along the M4 anyways. 

• Like 1

You are going to miss Wales if you are used to a rural lifestyle. I moved from a busy area to rural Dorset, and everytime I go back to visit family really miss the peace and quiet. Swindon is not the nicest area to be moving to, really bad traffic among other things.

Don't count on mobile phone signal indoors, even in a big town. When at my parents I struggle to get any reception indoors at all, one bar usually when upstairs and usually nothing downstairs. This is a house in a large town, in the centre of a big housing estate.

Welcome to the region, meets tend to happen down Blandford way but it's a nice drive from this end, I'm 10 miles from Swindon.

Yeah we looked at a house in Lyneham. We really liked it but it went to someone else unfortunately. :(