New modification to Hydra

tempra007

Some new pictures, she's a lot brighter in the flesh and the sun, maybe I need a better camera?

DSC_0245_zps5z5dn4sj.jpg

as you can see the door shuts are done 

DSC_0246_zpsqsww5ptx.jpg

Cliff (Pastyboy) got a really good colour match (you have to be next to the car to really notice the difference

DSC_0247_zpsehi4r5kx.jpg

DSC_0248_zpsinndifqn.jpg

DSC_0249_zpsdwfrjnjk.jpg

DSC_0250_zpsljf5fi16.jpg

Paul at PW Pro did some nice little touches, like the black handles, added black to the grill and top of the doors, don't imagine he's going to do another, as it was a bit of a ballache.

next pictures on Sunday hopefully with the vented bonnet, a son and dad bonding weekend is on the cards :D

• Like 1

Awesome looking car. Can't wait to come and see it when I fetch those seats off you. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully I'll have the bonnet on by then, now looking at the rear bumper and twin exhaust outlets, Honda Civic type R tailpipes I think?

have ordered the headrest dvd monitors. So they should be in for the next Midlands meet :D

Hopefully I'll have the bonnet on by then, now looking at the rear bumper and twin exhaust outlets, Honda Civic type R tailpipes I think?

have ordered the headrest dvd monitors. So they should be in for the next Midlands meet :D

Sounds good with the twin exhausts. I like the r32 golf style. [emoji108] but will have to be next weekend now to pick up seats as I'm busy this weekend.

You going to the one on Wednesday?

Sounds good with the twin exhausts. I like the r32 golf style. [emoji108] but will have to be next weekend now to pick up seats as I'm busy this weekend.

You going to the one on Wednesday?

Not too sure, will know later this weekend

• Like 1

Wrap looks awesome! Any chance of a view inside the doors close up? Always wondered what it would look like in the shuts!

Here you are. They haven't done the hinges and just in front of the front door ones (but I knew this), the material from the front wing to the rear wing and the sills is all one piece, so no connection marks, if you look hard, yes you can see the red but I knew it wouldn't be 100% done, but with the door open you have to look for the red. I think that if it wasn't such a contrasting colour it wouldn't notice at all but that's the price of individuality :p This vinyl is quite a bit thicker than the black so wouldn't really work on the hinges, although I have paint mixed to match the wrap so I can paint the hinges at a later date.

DSC_0259_zps9p61ht4h.jpg

DSC_0258_zps38srchpo.jpg

DSC_0257_zpswcktvqkk.jpg

DSC_0256_zpsrdvgqdup.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the extra pics.

Wow I'm really impressed with the quality of the work! Looks fantastic. I wouldn't have expected that much to be done like there is behind the doors and shuts - very impressed!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did this cost you? PM if you want.

I need the bodywork doing on mine, but the finish on these wraps is fantastic and I'd definitely consider a full wrap over a respray. Especially after seeing this!

What's it like to look after?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

You won't get much change out of 2.5k but I did go for a expensive material (or so I was told). you can wash with the 2 bucket method and a hose, you could use a high pressure hose but not too close. I was advised to clay bar it every six months and use a good spray wax (I have an Auto finesse spray)

• Like 1

tempra007 - you wouldn't happen to be Lincolnshire based would you? I noticed a bright green Fabia as I was leaving Tattershall last night but it was literally just as it passed me so I didn't have the time to NB any detail.

Would that have been around 18.00ish?, was just going to St HUghs to collect my son from school, so yes it was me :D

I'm based inbetween Grantham and Lincoln

• Like 1

The pictures look worse than it is, spent this afternoon trying to wrap the bonnet, bit of a bar***rd getting it to stretch, take 2 tomorrow,  guess the wife and my 10 year old aren't that much help!

I really don't know how you wrapping guys do it? I'm happy cooking for royalty, michelin critics, god! but wrapping a bloody bonnet is beyond me, guess I'll give it to the pro's to do. Hopefully you get the idea and where I am going with this! don't think it helped that I was doing it one my own though

DSC_0261_zpsnepaxrpn.jpg