New modification to Hydra

tempra007

Don't know what happened to my other thread (may have deleted it in a fit of anger?)

so far we have the alloys, lowered

IMG_20130901_133308_zpss0e6thkh.jpg

Next the new head unit,

DSC_0166_zpsq5m5dfgf.jpg

Then the fins (these are the plain ones, I have ones to paint but wanted to see how long it took the wife to notice I had them on the car, answer 2 months and it was at the meeting)

DSC_0023_zpsonylpetw.jpg

Then the A1 Sline half leather (the rear back is in the trimmers)

DSC_0005_zpsuabtuabf.jpg

DSC_0006_zpsvyucqpnr.jpg

and just now the bonnet and vents

DSC_0001_zpsfmvvr7yo.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsxg3mxt1p.jpg

DSC_0004_zpskrj5nhux.jpg

need to finish the bonnet before the 17th July as it goes in for its service then off to PW Pro for its wrap. after that?? maybe airbags and stage 2 from Shark

Edited by tempra007
  • Like 2

Just put the painted (well 4 coats, need to wet sand imperfections and another 2 coats then clear) vents on the bonnet to gauge how they would look on the red car (shame the wrap isn't red)

DSC_0007_zpsxa0bjscm.jpg

obviously they're not on straight but it give the idea :D  

I had a tentative talk with the guys from Shark at the Brisky meet and they put the idea in my head. I was never going for a fast car (I have my mapped Triumph Sprint for that) but as the idea is in there now?

I'm sure they said the 170 turbo, mentioned 190 ish brake at stage 2.

I didn't really have that much time to discuss it with them, had the wife and son in tow, the son was nodding his head like a loon, telling me to do it and the wife was doing her best Marge Simpson disapproving look :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So thanks to Richard92 I have my 312mm brake upgrade, I have just spent the afternoon stripping the paint from the carriers and calipers and either it's looking at Bossfox's thread too much or the stuff my dad gave me to remove the paint (apparently something he used when he owned the garage, all I can say after half an hour I started to think like Cheech Marin) I thought how about getting the parts chromed, so chavvy or just plain mad?

before

7CD1CC6B-DFDF-4256-A43E-DC29FA66DD0E.jpg

After

DSC_0148_zpsy41r202g.jpg

DSC_0149_zpsrte9v3c1.jpg

this was the colour I had intended to paint them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251817050133?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=550732236800&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 1

So thanks to Richard92 I have my 312mm brake upgrade, I have just spent the afternoon stripping the paint from the carriers and calipers and either it's looking at Bossfox's thread too much or the stuff my dad gave me to remove the paint (apparently something he used when he owned the garage, all I can say after half an hour I started to think like Cheech Marin) I thought how about getting the parts chromed, so chavvy or just plain mad?

before

7CD1CC6B-DFDF-4256-A43E-DC29FA66DD0E.jpg

After

DSC_0148_zpsy41r202g.jpg

DSC_0149_zpsrte9v3c1.jpg

this was the colour I had intended to paint them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251817050133?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=550732236800&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They look great! Knew that's all they needed was some tlc. Can't wait to see these on :)

So I've been busy painting the brakes in anticipation of the new wrap (unfortunately had a phone call to say the colour I've ordered had a flaw and Paul at PW Pro was unhappy to install it :'( , can't say anything as I went to them as they are the best at what they do, collecting the car tomorrow and arranging another installation date :'( )

Anyway pictures of the brakes, not too sure of the colour at first but on the calipers it looks great, any opinions?

thought it would have been a lot brighter!

DSC_0158_zpswrt2hxgf.jpg

DSC_0159_zpsmnvhp04w.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay had some spare time so started on the bonnet vents (kinda glad this bonnet was very cheap) I'm not that happy with the initial cutting out of the vent  but once the vent is on any issues are hidden (but I still know they're there :notme:) now onto vent number 2  :devil:  (I sometimes wish I never had these bloody stupid ideas)

DSC_0175_zpsvbn1vwdc.jpg

DSC_0177_zpslas27ojq.jpg

DSC_0178_zps9kdpx8yg.jpg

DSC_0179_zpsmgktqakn.jpg

• Like 1

So I've managed to get the new brakes on, looks like there's still some more room in there.

So I guess I've got a set of Monte brakes to get rid of (will post on the for sale forum)

DSC_0208_zpsupzrcpyu.jpg

DSC_0206_zpsrgnnauky.jpg

• Like 2

So I've managed to get the new brakes on, looks like there's still some more room in there.

So I guess I've got a set of Monte brakes to get rid of (will post on the for sale forum)

DSC_0208_zpsupzrcpyu.jpg

DSC_0206_zpsrgnnauky.jpg

Look great, gutted they aren't on mine but glad to see them fitted :)

I've got the underbonnet heatsink foam thing installed, just waiting for the wrap then I can bond the vents in and put on the car. I could have bonded the vents in but they would have to be taken out to do the wrap so will wait until first week in September :D

plus my ocd on paint finish won't allow me to fit the vents just yet, not until I have a flawless paint. There were some small dust flaws in the top coat which needed repainting.

The headunit is an Erisin tech one (you can find them on Ebay) I got mine with the pvr, reverse camera, dtv adaptor and internet modem. Very easy to fit (took me 10 miniutes). Everything was clearly labeled and a joy to fit, will even work with Maxidot and ac controls . All for under £200 bargin. The buttons are a bit cheap but you do get what you pay for and it beats the system in the wife's yeti hands down

• Like 2

The headunit is an Erisin tech one (you can find them on Ebay) I got mine with the pvr, reverse camera, dtv adaptor and internet modem. Very easy to fit (took me 10 miniutes). Everything was clearly labeled and a joy to fit, will even work with Maxidot and ac controls . All for under £200 bargin. The buttons are a bit cheap but you do get what you pay for and it beats the system in the wife's yeti hands down

Looking good so far, love the fins! curious about the head unit though, does the media in port under the glove box still work with it? And, well, is it as good as it looks?

The MDI doesn't work with it, but the hard drive I used for my MDi is linked into the head unit via the USB socket. I has a mini SD card, usb socket and Ipod connectivity as well, so my music pretty much covered. the user interface is easy enough to use, but it's Kenwood and Alpine efficient (but I didn't pay that sort of money). the only let down is the volume button is a bit flimsy but all the other buttons are as good as anything else you can buy.The DVD's and tv are pin sharp not HD tv sharp but very good car an in car system. It also can play 32bit games but haven't tried them yet. next on the agenda is headrest monitor/DVD players and these can be linked to the head unit TV, so I can have the satnav on and my son can watch TV!, oh and it comes with a remote control?

The phone connects straight away and the only criticism is the volume of the phone is very loud (even on 1) but the clarity is crystal clear.

The MDI doesn't work with it, but the hard drive I used for my MDi is linked into the head unit via the USB socket. I has a mini SD card, usb socket and Ipod connectivity as well, so my music pretty much covered. the user interface is easy enough to use, but it's Kenwood and Alpine efficient (but I didn't pay that sort of money). the only let down is the volume button is a bit flimsy but all the other buttons are as good as anything else you can buy.The DVD's and tv are pin sharp not HD tv sharp but very good car an in car system. It also can play 32bit games but haven't tried them yet. next on the agenda is headrest monitor/DVD players and these can be linked to the head unit TV, so I can have the satnav on and my son can watch TV!, oh and it comes with a remote control?

The phone connects straight away and the only criticism is the volume of the phone is very loud (even on 1) but the clarity is crystal clear.

Very cool! Sounds like a nice bit of kit for £200, it's going on my shopping list!