New modification to Hydra

tempra007

Would that have been around 18.00ish?, was just going to St HUghs to collect my son from school, so yes it was me :D

I'm based inbetween Grantham and Lincoln

Mrs T drives a de-stickered Fabia vRS S2000 (Rallye Green with white roof and wheels) and I'm in a red Citigo Monte Carlo so do give a flash of you see us.

Looks awesome that colour :D

Looks well, Paul at pw pro does good work, the inside of that door looks like it's popping out in places already though?

Yeah bit disappointing seeing those bubbles so soon,especially as pw's work is usually faultless.

Looks awesome that colour :D

Yeah bit disappointing seeing those bubbles so soon,especially as pw's work is usually faultless.

When she was washed yesterday, all the bubbles on the doors have now gone?? have noticed it lifting around the number plate (will be ringing Paul tomorrow to get it fixed.

Some new toys for Snotty (as she has been named by my students) A pair of 9" DVD, games screens, hopefully will be coloured to match the rest of the leather

DSC_0271_zpsz4axohpw.jpg

DSC_0270_zpsvamhm7aw.jpg

I think I may have overdone it with the size, as they look like cinema screens in the car and the rear passengers can't see past them :notme:  

• Like 1

This is way over the top

Oh wait, I like over the top :D

Thanks for all the positive comments :D  the vented bonnet is now currently at PW Pro and should be fitted next weekend, next on the agenda?

I have a Nintendo Wii sitting in the garage waiting to be fitted to the headrests screens.

A plastic battery box as the vents kinda come out just by the battery (either that or I'll have to fabricate a water catch and drain tray under the vent) the box is easier as I'm a dab hand with styrene

I have a second hand Monte rear bumper and just purchased these

$_12.JPG

AMG quad pipe tips. Not too sure if this is a good idea? but I'll find out once I've done it.

Future plans? after seeing Antvrs's car at the Midlands meet, looks like the bike funds taking another hit and airbags are on the cards! and maybe a retrim? (or a divorce if the wife sees this tread :notme: )

• Like 2

Thanks for all the positive comments :D  the vented bonnet is now currently at PW Pro and should be fitted next weekend, next on the agenda?

I have a Nintendo Wii sitting in the garage waiting to be fitted to the headrests screens.

A plastic battery box as the vents kinda come out just by the battery (either that or I'll have to fabricate a water catch and drain tray under the vent) the box is easier as I'm a dab hand with styrene

I have a second hand Monte rear bumper and just purchased these

$_12.JPG

AMG quad pipe tips. Not too sure if this is a good idea? but I'll find out once I've done it.

Future plans? after seeing Antvrs's car at the Midlands meet, looks like the bike funds taking another hit and airbags are on the cards! and maybe a retrim? (or a divorce if the wife sees this tread :notme: )

Retrim retrim! I'm heading to York next week to have my seats retrimmed by seat surgeons, there all made up, just need fitting, I will of course post the result in my topic thread :p

• 2 weeks later...

Now I had a spare  hour or so, so I thought about getting these headrests fitted. I haven't managed to get them colour matched to the rest of the interior and I'm kinda glad I haven't as I think they may be too big!

what do you guys think? the 7" screen would have a lot smaller headrest.

DSC_0007_zpsiwy59xew.jpg

DSC_0008_zpsssvsx8hu.jpg

DSC_0009_zpsl5wlh8qk.jpg

Looked at that but the screens are also DVD players so wouldn't leave enough space for padding! maybe the 7" one are a safer bet and sell these. :sweat:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Progress :D

I now have a fully wrapped bonnet, with the vents in, just need to find time to put it on the car.

DSC_0052_zpsmfvly8nu.jpg

Think the mods will have to wait as the wife wants a new en-suite, and I've been told that if "my cheap arse looks a B&Q or homebase, I'll be talking in a very high pitched voice" and having had the designer?? around this evening I was very glad to be sat down when I was told the price :notme:

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Think the mods will have to wait as the wife wants a new en-suite, and I've been told that if "my cheap arse looks a B&Q or homebase, I'll be talking in a very high pitched voice" and having had the designer?? around this evening I was very glad to be sat down when I was told the price :notme:

:D :D :D Brilliant

Edited by 20vKarlos

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now that the ost Christmas boredom has hit, I have decided to buy Countryboyhaha's Lamborghini Diablo brake set up, pictures up once I have them (end of the month) and they're refurbed. I will then put the bonnet on and fit the ICE, looking for ideas of what to do next? so watch this space over the next month or so.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that the ost Christmas boredom has hit, I have decided to buy Countryboyhaha's Lamborghini Diablo brake set up, pictures up once I have them (end of the month) and they're refurbed. I will then put the bonnet on and fit the ICE, looking for ideas of what to do next? so watch this space over the next month or so.

they will be massive and you'll need 18s minimum to get them to fit. Plus I thought they was off the 5x112 hub?

they will be massive and you'll need 18s minimum to get them to fit. Plus I thought they was off the 5x112 hub?

I've got some new 5 x 100 discs, have measured them and they fit behind my OZ's and the standard wheels with a 10mm spacer.  I do have a set of 18's just in case, will need a damn good refurb though.

countryboy had them on his mk1 Octavia, so shouldn't be an issue, he had them under the 17 inch spiders with the spacer. well you only live once,

Edited by tempra007

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guess who's a ****?? I should know better to trust what people say to me without checking (or cutting)

went to fit the vented bonnet in readiness for Ultimate Dubs and found this! can anyone see the issue?

DSC_0016_zpso1f5merr.jpg

DSC_0017_zpsdmmmzflp.jpg

I did what I thought was the best thing and ordered from a main dealer and used a part number and registration of the car, so I very wrongly thought it would be right.

thankfully it's only a 30 minute job, or it would have been if the ghosts of laurent and Klement weren't conspiring to upset me and 1 bonnet securing bolt went in to the bonnet bay to be lost for ever, oh well a telephone call to Hortons in the morning to get it all sorted. I really wouldn't mind but the bonnet kind looked good :wall:  :wall:

• Like 1

I ordered the bonnet with my registration so it should have been the right one, the garage offered to take it back and replace it but I can see two problems with that, the big holes in it, think they might notice?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

New wheels on the way (well used) and a steal at the price (all four for a lot less than one new) my question is, would it look too cheesy if the fins are painted green the sides of the spokes grey and the backs black?? kinda lik my OZ's but with the green accents. just thinking out loud, not too sure what I'll do but it was too good to miss :notme: (well that's what I'm telling the wife)

$_57.JPG