Welcome Monty! My 2014 skoda citigo Monte Carlo

philberto

Hi guys - I thought it was about time i posted a few pics and a little build thread for my 2014 red Monte Carlo.  It's completely standard at the minute but i do intend to do a few bits to it.  Here's a list...

Briskoda sticker for the rear windows (came the other day - will stick on soon)

LED DRL lights

Arm rest

variable boot floor

wind deflectors

lower 35mm

17" wheels

paint the brake calipers red

possibly get a personal plate

mayyyybe get a stripe down the middle... not sure yet

I generally get bored of cars very quickly and have had alot in the past few years.  I went through a phase of buying cheapish large engined cars and running them for abit till the fuel consumption annoyed me :-)  probably the best cars were a Saab 9-3 2.0 aero, a 4 litre jeep and a 3 litre subaru legacy spec B.  if i'm honest i much prefer pootling round in Monty!

Overall i'm very happy with the car...  Quite a few friends can't believe the space inside for such a small car (feels just as roomy as the zillion jukes in the works car park) and i've made numerous trips to the tip and put some 2.4m decking boards in it.  can't fault it!

anyway, thanks for reading

cheers

Paul

post-59704-0-05993200-1435608215_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

cheers for the warm welcome guys!  i've seen the H&R 35mm lowering kit but i guess that will only be another 20mm over the standard monte carlo suspension.  Quite often i think the wheelarch gap is abit mahoosive!  i might be better off forking out for the 17's and then seeing if a 35mm drop will be enough or if i'd need to save for a proper coilover kit for about £550 (ouch). 

It's about the red MC's!  i never thought about a white one when i was purchasing but i've seen a few knocking about and they look fit!  I originally went to the dealer for a citigo black edition... but they had the red Monty in the window of the showroom and i knew which one i was going for after that!

• Like 2

Wow... thats some project thread! Taken me all day to get to the suspension part. Needless to say it looks great! 35mm is plenty. Im not copying though, just great minds thinking alike! :)

• Like 2

Wow... thats some project thread! Taken me all day to get to the suspension part. Needless to say it looks great! 35mm is plenty. Im not copying though, just great minds thinking alike! :)

Yeah sure.. :p this should be a first for a quick mod ;) http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0068ITSWE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00