Michelin Cross Climate tyres

awfabia

I had 5 Michelin Cross Climate fitted bought from Black Circles,  225/45 R 17 W(94)  they were £104.23 each.

Looked them up earlier and they were quoting £121 for 225/50 R17 94V; not sure if that included fitting mind.

TP

Looked them up earlier and they were quoting £121 for 225/50 R17 94V; not sure if that included fitting mind.

TP

Yes - that's the fitted price.  I was surprised to find that they're a few quid less than the Goodyear 4Seasons

• Like 1

Just had to replace an original Sp Dunlop 01 due to a puncture at £93.00 ,don't know what type they are,presume all weather ,had only worn 1.5mm in nearly 8000 miles,on a rear and was wondering what sort of milage to expect ?

I see the Cross Climates come in 225/50 17 98V or 225/45 17 94W

So it's a compromise choice between matching the target 50 height, or matching the target 94W speed/load rating.   The 45s are cheaper!

The Michelin web-site comes up with the 225/50 17 98V if I feed in my Yeti details

Oh - and thanks for posing the photos!

Edited by voluptua

45 aspect are not Type Approved for the Yeti!

225/45 R17 are fitted to some of the 1.2 TSI's and it's in the handbook

Image2_zpsoicerqaa.jpg

• Like 1

Many of us have Tyres that were not Type Approved in size on our vehicles, 

but the Wheels will be Type Approved, and the Tyres will be the appropriate Speed & Load Rating and have approval for UK/EU use on the public highway, the Speedo will be reading correct for a MOT or even a IVA, and any inspection or examination by any VOSA Examiner in the UK will pass the tyres as safe.

Just had to replace an original Sp Dunlop 01 due to a puncture at £93.00 ,don't know what type they are,presume all weather ,had only worn 1.5mm in nearly 8000 miles,on a rear and was wondering what sort of milage to expect ?

The dunlops are a summer tyre and quite decent as I have found but not directly comparable to these michelins.

• Like 1

Might be stupid here but the tyres fitted should be 225/50. The 45 will give the wrong rolling circumference and I'd suspect upset the speedo etc not to mention possible insurance implications 

On a Yeti, yes.

But I think the poster with 225/45 has them fitted to an Octavia.

On a Yeti, yes.

But I think the poster with 225/45 has them fitted to an Octavia.

Even on my octavia it was mentioned at handover that they are not the same profile as the original tyres so the speedo will be accurate.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

I think I'd be more worried about the ride quality than the speedo being out by a nominal amount

Precisely, dealer said that it was within tolerance and not to worry. Ride quality seems great. Can't compare with the pirellis supplied by the factory as they were switched pre delivery

• 3 weeks later...

What is that worry based on, online posts, someone you know that had issues or issues you have had yourself with fitting tyres to cars?

Does anyone else ring their insurance company every time they change a tyre? Seems OTT to me

I rang them the first time I changed them over, never bothered after that. When changing insurance providers I always ask what their policy is on it. I have now yet to find an insurance company that requires you to inform them every time you change over. They all state as long as they are the manufacturers approved size, crack on.

You are fitting EU approved tyres of the Speed / Load rating correct for the vehicle to the Type Approved wheels that the Manufacturer produce or buys in.  Tyres that are suitable for the size of wheels the Manufacturer fitted.

You might want to use those Tyres with Chains or Anti Slip Bands.

Legal tyres that will pass any VOSA / Police roadside check, MOT / IVA or check by an Insurance Loss Adjuster or Examiner,.

As many have done for decades now, and it does not contravene Construction & Use or any Road Traffic Acts.

If you are not sure on that or ill at ease, then 'Just do not do it',  Simple really.

• Like 1

The point of the cross climates is that I will not be changing the tyres over. I put my reg no into black circles Web site, these were listed as tyres for my car. I bought them and they were fitted. End of story

according to every site I have looked at 205 50 r17 is an approved size for the car as well