Rob's Ur Quattro

RobClubley

I hate to say this, Rob, but seeing that other car apparently perched so perilously close to Rusty's roof is making me wince..........!!!  After all your efforts and expense, I'm cringing!

I'm sure they've got everything under control!!!

Aaargh!!!

Richard.

5 hours ago, RichardatWakefield said:

I hate to say this, Rob, but seeing that other car apparently perched so perilously close to Rusty's roof is making me wince..........!!!  After all your efforts and expense, I'm cringing!

I'm sure they've got everything under control!!!

Aaargh!!!

Richard.

It's not like Wellington is built over several earthquake fault lines or anything :D

1 minute ago, KenONeill said:

That's not the only question I see there; just HTF did they arrive at a usage figure of 674 miles per day? Isn't that getting on for driving right round North (or South) Island?

The system obviously just averages the difference. End to end of the North Island every day.

Unlikely!

Ohhhhh yeah!
Only 33 months and *cough* dollars into this 12 month $15k project and we're on the road. Not finished, but driveable at last.
Thanks to Wellington European for getting me over the line. Legends.

Edited by RobClubley
  • Like 3

Working on the to-do list now :D

Rear indicators are dim
Samco hoses to fit
Under-dash trims
Radio aerial not connected
Intercooler mounts broken
Slow coolant leak
Oil leak
Remove and re-fit both bumpers with proper support brackets and missing padding between sections
Rear wheels rub on back bumper on hard cornering
Fit headlight washers

Plenty to do !

In view of the car's age Rob, and the fact that you are starting to update some of the tech in the car, do you not think it may be worth making up an earthing cable kit for the car? - might cure item 1 on your list at the same time.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2018 at 12:38, kentphil1 said:

In view of the car's age Rob, and the fact that you are starting to update some of the tech in the car, do you not think it may be worth making up an earthing cable kit for the car? - might cure item 1 on your list at the same time.

That's a good idea. A lot of the cabling is very old and dodgy earths can cause all kinds of issues.

Latest catchup article

https://www.drivelife.co.nz/2018/04/project-rusty-robs-audi-ur-quattro-part-34-street-legal/