Hot slow cranking speed

Hi Chaps, just wondered if anyone has had slow cranking when hot, I have an 08 2.0 TDI which starts perfect all the time except when it has only been turned off for a short time, it struggles to turn over like the battery was flat yet any other time it spins over fine, I've changed the battery with a 74 amp although that seems to have been a waste of money as it's exactly the same! Cheers.

It could be your starter motor , I had this same problem in another car (not octavia) , I thought it was my battery too.

A thing to try is if it does not start leave the car in gear take off handbrake and rock car back and forwards , try starting again and if it works chances are its your starter motor.

Cheers for the reply, years ago starter motors sometimes got jammed and rocking the car in gear was the way to free them, pre-engaged starters were supposed to alleviate the problem, the car always starts it just really struggles to turn over when it's hot.

Mine is the same, most research online says starter motor and/or battery; I have also heard of a software update to fix it as it is apparently due to the ecu wanting to detect a minimum turnover speed when warm before it will start injecting fuel. It is a pain in the backside if ever you stall in the middle of a busy junction lol