rapid hatch slow project

Copey

another update time....

i like it :P

got up to my mates and i got a knocking noise on the back off the car which only happend on slightly bumpy roads, after looking at what we could without a jack everything seemed okay.

car made it back home faultless on the sunday untill 2 minutes from mine and the knocking came back grrrr :(

after many hours talking to jack (toxic) we thought it could be the rear struts and he found out which bolts they was for me so a trip to halfrauds :(

got the nuts, trolley jack and locktite for £33, win :)

jacked the car up and replaced the nuts and locktite them and knocking noise gone :D

cheers jack (Toxic)

so i treated the car to something shiny :)

Hadn't seen this... Ironic really as mine is knocking now as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask 3 questions please ?

What springs have you got? Looks a lot lower than the Eibachs I have on.

Where did you find the black badges? I've only been able to find carbon-look ones. Easy job?

What make is the induction kit? Does it have a cold air feed? Does it make it sound a lot nicer?

Thanks

Where did you find the black badges? I've only been able to find carbon-look ones. Easy job?

What make is the induction kit? Does it have a cold air feed? Does it make it sound a lot nicer?

Thanks

1) there apex 45mm springs. But there for an ibiza fr which i have the full suspension from.

2) no black badges yet but i was just going to get them from skoda and paint them black myself its easier. But im getting the grill in black from skoda

3) the induction kit was from ebay for £11 haha. Its only a temporay thing untill i can find a proper one. It uses the cold air feed from the standard box which is good. Dont overly notice a huge sound differance over a petrol but there is one when the turbos really working :) once everythings over with this recall thing i am going to look into a proper induction kit from somewhere

• Like 1

No problem

Yeah it is. Needed something to eat the miles then i changed job and now its a weekend car but still quick for what it is

Thanks

OP Copey also mentioned earlier that the struts are from an Ibiza FR so the suspension was 15mm lower already before the 45mm drop springs were fitted   :)

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Small things make a big differance. Especially when it comes to wind deflectors :)

20151010_114901_zps4xsvwvc2.jpg

Also took it too blackpool had a good run up and used 1/4 of a tank which isnt bad for the traffic up there :)

• Like 4

Looks a lot smarter - rear tints are definitely required! [emoji106]

There in the pipeline. Unfortinatly christmas is coming up so my moneys going that way :(

• 2 weeks later...

Can't make up my mind about your wheels but I like Pacific blue much more than I thought. Overall, its looking awesome, well done.

Thankyou. The wheels i wasnt 100% on at first but they really suit the car. They wont be the lifetime wheels they will end up as track wheels one day and get some nicer ones on :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Thought i would update this as its been a while,

Well when i can be bothered the original rear dampers will be going on to raise the back 15mm.

Personal circumstances have changed so hopefully more will be done to this now with a few mods lined up then major mods to save for when its finally paid off

First thing to do when i can afford it is wheel refurb :)

Kieran :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

not as such as an update but just going to put stuff on before i forget tbh  :D

beginning of april was castle combe with the brisky lot so best get my arse into gear and give the car a good polish

went to a local car shop in coventry (found through facebook) and they had alot more of a choice in cleaning product wise so got a few things including poor boys black hole and dodo juice

DSC_0224_zpsms5ahhw8.jpg

car come up really well, but after using it the car really looked like it could need with a good machine polish so thats on the list before skodafest (skodaownersclub)

2 pictures at combe 

FB_IMG_1459686084696_zpswrpzamuk.jpg

DSC_0254_zpscvr3zhsv.jpg

looks quite good compared to M12 MKD's octy 3

a few beading shots from a week or so later

DSC_0351_zpskrnkcdiw.jpg

DSC_0350_zpsokjy3pjk.jpg

when i do drive the car i have the music on fairly high, and the one time i didnt i noticed a problem with the car

the recall that was done on it in august 2014 rear door seals, i found out they had only done one side, so off back it went to skoda

DSC_0358_zpspyyk6itf.jpg

:thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

also turns out my car is too low for skodas ramps....  :devil:

when i got the car back, i had enough time to change rear springs over so i could use my car for a family party,

turns out i needed spring compressors as the car didnt wanna flex enough for the standards to go back in

DSC_0367_zps1zbtjvst.jpg

although there is a differance  :notme:

and there was a a few bits of evidence of lowness damage  :p

DSC_0370_zpsgvso7w47.jpg

todo: plasti dip the chrome, wheel refurb, new radio and sub  :notme:

• Like 1

This is looking great. A cheeky boot spoiler will be a good addition too

I have seen a few i like, but going to wait on body mods untill its paid off :)

• 2 months later...

not really a update just wanted to put pictures on of her looking good at skodafest :)

DSC_0551_zpst4eabrrt.jpg

DSC_0554_zpscam11uzh.jpg

DSC_0669_zpsdgojhz6z.jpg

DSC_0695_zpsm833swqn.jpg

13323296_10156966958060066_8067096312236

although the one update i can add that it will need some diesel next payday, first time since march :)

Edited by Copey

also forgot to add been playing with new cleaning stuff and that i cannot park with the rear wheel on the kerb :(

DSC_0797_zpsxl2colqg.jpg

• 4 months later...

PROGRESSSSSSSSS/bargin  :D

i got me a very good deal on some wheels 

DSC_1456_zps2ma4redk.jpg

they suit the car well

DSC_1457_zpsrnogvkyv.jpg

abit close for my liking but that will be sorted adventually

DSC_1458_zpsevkkzdfn.jpg

it has a nice stance now too :)

the problem i have with the rear was on the lowering springs it was a closer gap, so we swapped his rear coilovers aswell (didnt have time to do the fronts :() and the coilovers are on there highest settings :(  :D

also the car has made it into the SOCGB mag aswell a few times :)

Edited by Copey
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Haha cheers camelspyyder. That needs to be made now would love to see that haha

Hey Copey!

I would like to ask a question as you seem to have some experience now in lowering Rapids :D

I own a rapid 2015 1.6tdi 77kw. And...

I ve installed these lowering spings: https://www.awesomegti.com/default-category/st-suspension-lowering-springs-skoda-rapid-nh/

My problem is the front of the car is just bouncing like hell when someone huge sits in my car(like 90kg guy).

I think the problem is that the front is really heavy. I mean 1.6tdi is the heaviest. And the stock shock absorbers are not working really well with the lowering springs.

I red your topic and If I m not mistaken I can fit Fabia 2 RS or Ibiza, Polo GTI shock absorbers into my lowered rapid? Will they fit? and will it reduce my problem?

Here is one from fabia2 RS: http://www.cc-autodily.cz/tlumic-teleskop-predni-6_6?sort=cena_dph

or should I order from Bilstein: http://www.cc-autodily.cz/tlumic-predni-plynovy-1?sort=cena_dph

My main goal is to maintain ride comfort. I heard that sport shock absorbers are on the other hand too hard. 

Kind regards,

Bubu

(sry for my english)

Edited by Bubu886