Club Stand Teesside Airshow 2015

Hopefully the great north air ambulance will be having their vRS estate response car on our club stand and I waiting for the Sgt from Cleveland & Durham road policing unit to see they want to come along. Few other bits in pipeline just a waiting game

• Like 1

And ditto. PM sent with details! :thumbup:

Auric, suggest we meet at St James retail park car park about 6.15am before hitting the A1. Maybe that'll suit you too, Martin. Just off the Wetherby Road?

http://goo.gl/maps/pzhGA

Does this mean you want a pre-McDonalds-breakfast McDonalds breakfast there too? :)

Meeting place :

08:00-08:30

McDonalds

Morton Park

Darlington

We need to be at the airport for around 09:15 to 09:30 , just a thought weather permitting there is a jet wash at Morrisons petrol station so if anyone wants to wash their cars off its right next to McDonalds  

Arrive Durham Tees Valley Airport

Confirmed

Monte Carlo Mart
GarrethW
Casement1992
Ramsey2510

SIMBO

dbg400

Auric Goldfinger

Mikeholroyd

T.B.C

vRS Phil

Duncan

Edited by Monte Carlo Mart
  • Like 1

Meeting place :

08:00-08:30

McDonalds

Morton Park

Darlington

We need to be at the airport for around 09:15 to 09:30 , just a thought weather permitting there is a jet wash at Morrisons petrol station so if anyone wants to wash their cars off its right next to McDonalds  

Arrive Durham Tees Valley Airport

Confirmed

Monte Carlo Mart

GarrethW

Casement1992

Ramsey2510

SIMBO <<<<<<

dbg400

Auric Goldfinger

Mikeholroyd

T.B.C

vRS Phil

Duncan

Why is ' Simbo " in capital letters

" Is he different to the rest of us "

just a thought weather permitting there is a jet wash at Morrisons petrol station so if anyone wants to wash their cars off its right next to McDonalds  

Result, I have a Morrisons 10% discount card    :dance:

My wash will be 10% cheaper than yours     :rofl:

• Like 1

Result, I have a Morrisons 10% discount card :dance:

My wash will be 10% cheaper than yours :rofl:

It's ok, I might call to the one at Framwellgate Moor in Durham. It used to have an advert saying "Best Hand Job In Town...."

The Facebook statement:

Skylive Events Press Release

Skylive Events have announced that, in the light of the recent tragic events at the Shoreham Air Show and the decision by the Civil Aviation Authority to impose restrictions on the operation of air shows, the decision has been taken to postpone the event scheduled to take place at Durham Tees Valley Airport this Saturday, August 29th.

Sylive said today that they understood that many people would be disappointed by the postponement but stressed that both they and airport believed it was the correct decision to take in the current situation.

The event has now been rescheduled for Saturday, May 28th. Tickets issued for this weekend will remain valid for next May and details will be announced shortly of the arrangements for those people who wish to seek refunds.

Said Chris Petty of Skylive “Obviously this is not a decision we have taken lightly because we appreciate that thousands of people were looking forward to having a great day out this Saturday.

“We had put together an excellent programme of events but clearly the tragedy at Shoreham has forced us to consider very carefully whether it would be right to go ahead.

“Together with the airport we have come to the conclusion that in the aftermath of Shoreham, especially the restrictions announced by the CAA which would have seriously limited the flying displays of the jet aircraft scheduled to take part—including the Avro Vulcan and the aircraft from the Swedish Air Force Historic Flight—it would have significantly reduced the quality of the central element of the event.

“That is why we have reluctantly taken the decision to postpone the show until next May when hopefully we will know the outcome of the review of civil air display safety which the CAA has now begun.

“We remain committed to delivering a high-quality event and that is what we will be working on once we have resolved the matters which have to be addressed in the light of this weekend’s postponement.”

Added Durham Tees Valley Airport Manager Shaun Woods “Everyone who has put so much time and effort into preparing for the Air Show feels deeply disappointed that, as a result of circumstances which no-one wished had happened and nobody could have foreseen, we have had to take this difficult decision.

“However, together with Skylive, we feel it is the right decision. Safety always has to be our primary concern and we feel the best course of action is to await the outcome of the CAA review and any further measures that may be considered necessary.”

They've tweeted "Due to recent events we have made a decision to postpone the airshow till May 28th 2016 please see Facebook for press" too. Both links are recent - in the last hour.

I'm not sure I understand this -- I have just this second come off the phone from SkyLive, and I have been told that the official Facebook page (which I can't see because I don't have a facebook account) is run from the head Office which shuts at 6pm.

However, the booking office knows absolutely nothing about any cancellation, and as far as they are concerned, the show is still on, with the minutes silence at the start. THEY ARE STILL SELLING TICKETS TO THE EVENT.

I have been advised to keep an eye on both the Skylive website and the Facebook comments (which someone else will have to do) -- if the show is cancelled, Skylive will be contacting ALL ticket holders to offer refunds TO THE FACE VALUE OF THE TICKET. Booking fees will be lost, and when I questioned this, it is in the terms and condition of booking, the fees being used for the upkeep of the website and staff salaries.

So at the moment, nobody knows for sure -- but I am more inclined to believe what I have just been told by word of mouth than a Facebook statement. If the statement is from the official site, surely the company would have immediately stopped the sale of further tickets to the event????

Hell fire -- will I EVER see the bloody Vulcan this year..........................

Oh, and sorry folks, but if the show is cancelled, I not be be going to the Briskoda meet (and that will mean missing brekkie too.....)

Mike

Mike

There are a couple of Yorkshire appearances next month. 6th September at Elvington http://www.yorkshireairmuseum.org/air-museum-news/historic-aircraft-flypasts-for-allied-air-forces-memorial-day/ and 26th September at Church Fenton http://www.yorkshireairshow.co.uk/index.html

I'm away next week, but should be back for Sunday, so I may go to Elvington again - assuming the flypast is still going ahead.

Evening all,

Well disappointing to hear that the Airshow has been cancelled. I can sort of understand why.

I did originally see if anyone fancied a meet up at Peterlee on the Sunday, but the fish and chips at Guiesley sounds nicer!

Thanks for that. Already booked for Church Fenton on the 26th, and also going to Southport on the 19th. No comment from Church Fenton, but the SOuthport one is definately on with no restrictions as it is held over the sea.

http://www.southportvisiter.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/southport-air-show-2015-organisers-9926880

Mike

Lets hope it's not Foggy then Mike

Sorry folks about the air show , gives us a few months to plan our club stand .When I spoke with steve from the airport ref the show he is hoping to get the red arrows sorted for May & few more bits that they couldn't get for this show so fingers crossed. I might have a run out to the chippy on Saturday lol