The Superb III Picture thread

On 8/10/2017 at 20:17, Whaty said:

I've often considered a beige/cream interior but never been brave enough......

Hi Whaty

I now have no kids at home, no dog, no healthy sports ;) with muddy shoes or boots, so I thought I would risk it.

It's my third with a beige interior - the last one was before the kids/dog ex-wives etc. 

At least ithas black carpets - the BMW 5's both had beige carpets - very tricky to keep clean. 

All the best, Rob

• Like 1

I had a BMW with beige/cream interior, with grandchildren.  baby and toddlers in the car all the time while their parents worked, the interior was as good after 3 years as when i bought it. You notice all marks and clean it straight away and its fine. My new Superb which i get on September 1 will be beige too

7 hours ago, Pegasus26 said:

I had a BMW with beige/cream interior, with grandchildren.  baby and toddlers in the car all the time while their parents worked, the interior was as good after 3 years as when i bought it. You notice all marks and clean it straight away and its fine. My new Superb which i get on September 1 will be beige too

I agree, beige is not as difficult as you think to keep clean.  Stick to the darker carpets though as they are a different story as mentioned above

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rhino1401 said:

Very nice, Silver suits it well, good choice. Enjoy

I'll second that! Silver shows the lines very nicely! Lovely! Enjoy! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EoinM said:

Dealer sent me on a pic of my new one today, can't get to pick it up until Monday. Getting the plastics left in place and I'll bring it straight for its ceramic coating. 

IMG_1838.jpg

Enjoy @EoinM, looking good! Moon white (mine too but hatch)?

Collecting mine first/second week of sept, considering ceramic coating also so interested in your experience when you get it done. BTW if you don't mind me asking, where are you getting it done and what are they charging you? I have not priced it yet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MaddicIrl said:

Enjoy @EoinM, looking good! Moon white (mine too but hatch)?

Collecting mine first/second week of sept, considering ceramic coating also so interested in your experience when you get it done. BTW if you don't mind me asking, where are you getting it done and what are they charging you? I have not priced it yet.

Collecting mine on the 1st September also in Moon white and a Hatchback, got to see the car yesterday albeit still wrapped inside and out  when it was getting a wheelchair hoist fitted in the boot, looks awesome and the infotainment screen is huge. Roll on a week Friday !!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pegasus26 said:

Collecting mine on the 1st September also in Moon white and a Hatchback, got to see the car yesterday albeit still wrapped inside and out  when it was getting a wheelchair hoist fitted in the boot, looks awesome and the infotainment screen is huge. Roll on a week Friday !!

Happy Motoring! That would be the 9.2" Columbus? Over here the Columbus is not standard on a sport line, have to make do with an 8", I think I'll cope :biggrin:

4 hours ago, EoinM said:

This ones Laser White...came down to that or business grey buy with a proper coating I've found white easier to keep. 

I'm coming from a black car, only thing easy about maintaining a black car is the tar spots are easier to ignore!

• Like 2

@Grap

Great pics you should sell them to Škoda for marketing purposes.  I am sure they will demonstrate the lifestyle vehicle perspective they are trying to build.:thumbup:

• Thanks 1

On 8/23/2017 at 15:26, MaddicIrl said:

I'm coming from a black car, only thing easy about maintaining a black car is the tar spots are easier to ignore!

Hahaha! Good one! 

I am sincerely hoping to give my Magic Black/Beige Combi Style special treatment. My 18 year old Ford Cougar looked newish so am hoping to be equally successful with my SuperB, So far I had Swissvax' HQ do the detailing and protecting before I touched it.  They found 3 paint defects from new of which they could completely repair 2. Since then, I have washed it twice (once a week from new) and so far thanks to the Swissvax Shield wax I have washed contactlessly, which has meant NO opportunities for scratches. I finish with "Finishing rinse" which is supposed to be de-ionized water reducing the possibility of water marks.  I'm a bit obsessive/compulsive that way. I will try Soft 99 "Fusso Coat Dark" if I notice that water repellence is wearing off. Water repellence seems to imply dirt repellence.  I had Swissvax' HQ do the detailing and protecting, also of the leather from new. Shield protection of the paintwork is supposed to last up to a year. My "Detailing Passport" is due again in May 2018. Swissvax promised at least 10 months with their "Shield" product. It wasn't cheap but  the car still looks AMAZING. I am thorough with my washes making sure the wheel rims are spotless and the door inside hinge areas so clean they shine (and repel water). 

On the other hand, my wife has a true black 2 litre 16V Clio with hail damage (unfortunately common in Switzerland) and also parking damage - which looks AMAZING when I have given it a good wash and wax. Unfortunately the summer wheels have serious kerb rash - only a repair during winter could cure that. We're considering having the hail damage repaired but it looks like this could cost around € 2500.- Close to the value of the car :-(

Random thought: It's amazing how the average car driver has NO idea what damage (scratches & swirls) the automatic car washes do to your clearcoat/paintwork. My plan is to ALWAYS have an AP foam cannon, Kärcher high pressure rinse and two bucket method. I bought a Meguiars waffle pattern microfibre drying cloth and can absolutely recommend it. It is incredibly soft, drinks water spots away and leaves only a bone dry surface. 

Edited by SwissRob
Instead of Mequiars, Meguiars.
  • Like 2

On 8/24/2017 at 17:24, mwaw said:

My17 again in Peak District

@mwaw Looking REALLY good! 

Is it the Limousine in Black Magic? I think  it's the first one I've seen.

VERY nice. Understated. And TORQUE without end! 

Interior black? 

In the meantime I get the feeling that the only car in the Lake District seems to be the Superb! ;)

I must say that I'm in love with mine - 220PS Combi.

The motor is no way run in - at 900km still feels a bit unsure over 3000 but I feel the potential there. 

And for when the motor has done its 1000 - 1500 miles, I have a Pedalbox on the way. Then I am expecting a leap in agility. 

• Like 1

@SwissRob Thanks, I too love my car.

A SportLine in black magic (imo the best colour) it's the 150 TDI DSG, hatch not sure if a hatch is a Limousine... After owning for about a month (ex demo) to be honest I'm a tad envious of all you peeps with the higher spec engines, but... for me it's a very nice, highly spec'd family car, with a fair bit of poke.

I don't see many on the road, especially the SportLine which increases the appeal for me. The pic was taken while on holiday up north, it usually cruises around South London/Surrey.

Glad you're enjoying your young car, may it run for a long time and continue to bring you joy!

1 minute ago, mwaw said:

Glad you're enjoying your young car, may it run for a long time and continue to bring you joy!

Many thanks for your noble wishes and I wish you the same!  

Just to clean her and see her clean lines gives me joy. 

You said, 

3 minutes ago, mwaw said:

I'm a tad envious of all you peeps with the higher spec engines

but am sure it's a case of "swings and roundabouts".

The last new car I bought was when I was 31 - years old, exactly 31 years ago. Yes, I'm 62 so have been waiting quite a bit for my 'special lady'! 

All the best, Rob

• Like 1