The Superb III Picture thread

1 hour ago, SwissRob said:

Looks STUNNING! Nice choice! Enjoy! Did you have ceramic protection done? 

All the best, Rob

Thanks. All coated up - Gtechniq crystal serum topped with Exo. Should hold the gloss for a few years. 

2 hours ago, Mr Grump said:

Just picked her up today, so still with the dealers, ahem, "valet". will get better pics once I have done a proper wash and wax ;)

jXx4NJ8.jpg

xc9Aog9.jpg

280 4x4 DSG Sportline

Options over standard spec:

Heated front and rear seats

Heated Front Screen

Heated Washer Nozzles

High Beam Assist

"High" LED Rear lights

You must be very pleased, looks great. Have fun

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 16:36, Amalio said:

Many thanks ;) My wheels is Evyce EV225 silver polish with tyres Bridgestone Potenza 235 35 20 :)

WWW.EVYCE.COM

I imagine the ride must be hard with 20" wheels, do you have adaptive dampers?  Enjoy it! 

Take one factory car, and add colour to the wheels... and here you go! SE L Executive, with re-sprayed wheels, Moon White paint. Rides well with Sport settings for suspension and steering, run DSG on 'normal' mode. I think I improved the factory look and only cost me £240 to achieve this :0)

IMG_20170803_142201.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MartiniB said:

@Pepsimaxmjs

Could you please specify the exact type of suspension, is it really DCC?
and add another image so that do able compare the height,

pics examples:

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/435474-245-tyres/?do=findComment&comment=4900988

Hi, the car comes with adpative dampers, not adaptive ride height. I have also owned 2 VW CC with the same. Basically changes the damper response, but should not impact the ride height. I have just left the country on a business trip, so can't take a photo with the other settings. Would be very surprised if it lowered the car. If you see any difference to your other photos it is more likely to be the uneven driveway rather than the ride height. I have 18 inch wheels, had a VW CC with 18 and 19, and the ride was horrible on the 19 inch rims. So stuck to 18 on the Superb, and can use 'Sport mode' without getting a crashing ride over poor surfaces. Where I live the roads are bad, so this is really important. The dark wheels give a slight optical illusion, seem to make the alloys look larger. Obviously they are not ;0)

@Pepsimaxmjs

i have painted that red line to able focus on the center of the wheel,

it doesn't depend on rims inches and tires size(installed +1cm in diameter).

my car also can't change it's height with option
PFC DRIVING MODE SELECT(DCC)

height is not changed, only the response... like above said.

still, cars equipped with DCC are sitting 10 mm lower than regular suspension; sport suspension (no DCC) is 15 mm lower than regular suspension.

2 hours ago, MartiniB said:

@Pepsimaxmjs

i have painted that red line to able focus on the center of the wheel,

it doesn't depend on rims inches and tires size(installed +1cm in diameter).

my car also can't change it's height with option
PFC DRIVING MODE SELECT(DCC)

Fortunately I knew exactly what I was getting because of my experience with VW's. I actually find the Skoda settings to be much softer handling than a VW CC. So for me 'Sport' = VW CC 'Normal'. I do like the steering response change, this makes the car much better to control in the Sport setting in my personal view. Anyway, nice to have the choice! One final point, engine size and type will impact front suspension look. I have 2.0 TDI which should be the heaviest engine, so might be slightly lower at the front due to weight.

Hopefully you were not sold that the DCC would lower the suspension, or perhaps as the other member commented perhaps it is slightly lower by default. I'm happy with the handling balance, and really like the car.

8 hours ago, mrtnbcky said:

Hi all

New here, and here's my first post - a picture of my (new to me) 6 month old ex-demonstrator Superb Sportline Estate 2.0 TDi 150 MY17.

It'll be used for mainly motorway driving - approx. 35k miles a year, so frugality was more important to me than performance, but the ability to carry all my gear around will be a great bonus, rather than having to be selective about what kit I could take and what I had to leave at home with my old Seat Exeo Estate 2.0 TDi (2012)

Only collected her yesterday, but on my first trip out today I've averaged 60.5 mpg (according to the car - I'll verify this once I've cycled through a few full tanks) which will do me just fine!

I'm looking forward to getting to grips with all the technology (Sat Nav Upgrade failed 3 times last night - I'll try again this evening) and may be back with some questions for you guys!

New car crop.jpg

Sat Nav now successfully updated - just to stress, it wasn't an issue with the car, just getting the right combination of SD card format and OS - I was trying it with my Macbook. When I used my Windows laptop this afternoon it worked like a dream. I'll do some more photos when time permits.

• Thanks 1