The Superb III Picture thread

First pics from dealer, exactly one week till collection!  Although I've already arranged to give it up for two days following the weekend to go into a detailer to apply bodywork, windscreen and interior protection!!  Waiting since September...  It's going to be a real struggle to give it up so soon! 

outside 1.jpg

outside 2.jpg

inside 1.jpg

inside 2.jpg

• Like 1

Nice motor but I really wouldn't be happy where it was parked and the fact they have not put any protection in the footwells.  

Picked a great motor hope you enjoy it.

Yeah I did get annoyed at how they are parking it at first, but it's going to do a 200 mile journey on Friday then pretty much straight into detailer so on reflection decided doesn't matter if it gets a little dirty on the outside as they will clean before collection so I can check for any damage.  As for inside, I thought it looks like there is a plastic film in the footwell?  If anything glad they sent pictures like this, means I know to check the inside thoroughly for any dirt :) 

Sorry yes on looking closer with booked pic and different light on the screen can see the film and looks like it is also across the inside of the door, the touch screen and passenger door trim, possibly more around the centre console too.

I had mine straight to the detailers for coating and specifically asked that they didn't clean it before delivery looks great when clean but is overdue 

Not fussed about cleaning before collection, detailer has said regardless will spend first half a day doing several chemical and clay cleans before 1.5 days polishing out all the factory swirls and paint finish fixes.  Figure a quick clean by dealer won't make that any worse :)  Can't wait for it to look like yours!

@matty306 She's lovely!

I have a magic black estate and enjoy every second - refined, plenty of 'urge' quiet and all the little helpers make driving a very relaxed experience. I feel privileged every time I sit in her.

I wish you many happy moments!

All the best, Rob

PS I know what you mean about the 3 series - a jewel - but at the end of the day (many moons ago) I went for an E34 525i. 

@matty306 Welcome :)

My last 5 cars have been Skoda's, First was an Octy estate MK2 1.2 petrol, then onto Octy vRS Diesel, Octy vRS 220 DSG Petrol, then a short lived stint with the disaster that I called the Kodicrap.

Currently in the Superb Sportline 280 and can easily say it far and away the best car I have owned. Like you I love its understated but handsome look, it does everything well and when you want to get a move on, it goes like ... well you know what ;)

What you will find over the Octy, (apart from the extra room) is a much more supple ride (even on sportline suspension) and a quieter car as regards interior noise.

To be honest, I fancy trying something else in a couple of years at changeover time. I am lost as to what I could get that's affordable, has the legroom room of the Superb with a nice bit of poke too.

Like you I am tall, and I have 3 kids, the eldest (14) being taller now than my wife. So rear legroom, once I am in position at the wheel, is a major consideration.

I think you will love the Superb, as most of us owners do :)

Edited by Mr Grump

I had a number of skoda Inc a vrs and last one a superb 190 DSG. I missed the poke of the vrs though in reality probably not that much in it. I bet the 280 adds the but I thought was missing.

In the end I got bored off mine and swapped for a year old Jag xf s 300bhp. Bags of space and rapid.

26 minutes ago, Mr Grump said:

@matty306 Welcome :)

My last 5 cars have been Skoda's, First was an Octy estate MK2 1.2 petrol, then onto Octy vRS Diesel, Octy vRS 220 DSG Petrol, then a short lived stint with the disaster that I called the Kodicrap.

Currently in the Superb Sportline 280 and can easily say it far and away the best car I have owned. Like you I love its understated but handsome look, it does everything well and when you want to get a move on, it goes like ... well you know what ;)

What you will find over the Octy, (apart from the extra room) is a much more supple ride (even on sportline suspension) and a quieter car as regards interior noise.

To be honest, I fancy trying something else in a couple of years at changeover time. I am lost as to what I could get that's affordable, has the legroom room of the Superb with a nice bit of poke too.

Like you I am tall, and I have 3 kids, the eldest (14) being taller now than my wife. So rear legroom, once I am in position at the wheel, is a major consideration.

I think you will love the Superb, as most of us owners do :)

I think I will be in your camp where I get the best of both worlds. The superb is a company car and will do the mileage. The vrs is the wife's run around and my B road blast!! Pure smiles per miles. 

It's frustrating being tall I sympathise as there sent many cars on the market that we fit in a That allows people to travel behind. I would have had to put in silly money to get a XF or something big and heavy on the monthly tax... bloody government take the Michael with company car tax these days. The superb 190 day would have been choice but couldn't hack the governments filthy pinching fingers. 

Hi All,

I took delivery of my Sportline 280 last week, while passing my vRS over to the missus.  (my 4th Skoda)
Really loving the car  - beautiful machine...   Have a few newbie questions which I'll ask in the appropriate place..

I've now installed sunshades (edge to edge ones, not the half-baked factory fit ones :) ) , so it's nice and dark round the rear...     

superb.jpg

39 minutes ago, mr.nik said:

I've now installed sunshades (edge to edge ones, not the half-baked factory fit ones :) ) , so it's nice and dark round the rear...     

I need some good sunshades for the rear for the little dude but haven't had a good look around yet...  Where did you get them from out of interest?

7 hours ago, nicklouse said:

I need some good sunshades for the rear for the little dude but haven't had a good look around yet...  Where did you get them from out of interest?

These. Have them on my octy too - decent quality and one of the cheaper options. 

https://www.carshades.co.uk/privacy-shades-skoda-superb-estate-2015-p-5590.html

• Thanks 1

Some photos after installing the original front and rear mud flaps.

ucTZEY.jpg FkWPcT.jpg ZLIMEW.jpg YmKCQZ.jpg 60U5L1.jpg

The installation was a bit tricky because it's quite hard to reach some spots if you don't remove the wheels.

As pointed out by others in the existing mud flaps topic, you need to be a bit creative to get it done. I went with the "pliers + torx screw head" approach to tighten torx screws in the rear wheel well which were hard to reach.

The instructions say to use drill bit size 7 in the front, but I used 8 and it worked fine (7 was too small, 8 is still a very tight fit - as it should be).

I also only used the quick release piece in the front and not in the back - it appears there is no need to use ones in the back since the holes in the bottom already contain a thread and screws hold in just fine.

59 minutes ago, Grap said:

Winter Greetings! I just drove home from work and the trunk looks like this. :kiss:

20180124_170552.jpg?raw=1

Rearcam view :D

20180124_200226.jpg?raw=1

well, you can speed... do whatever you like, no policeman can do you harm. no number plates... must be ghost car. :)

Just kidding, anyway, I don't see something like this every day.

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2018 at 07:44, matty306 said:

Good morning one and all. If everything goes to plan Monday morning I will be picking up a metallic black 67 plate Superb sportline saloon. 

I was alerted to how good the MQB2 platform was with a company car from my previous job. I had a Passat estate. This was the lowest spec car I have ever had as a company car. I mean the base model with no extras at all. In brown I hasten to add. But despite thinking I needed to age another 30 years and wear driving gloves, a flat cap and have beads on the drivers seat I actually found it really endearing as a car. To drive it was great, the 150 tdi lump was outstanding and as a new dad everything fitted in it perfectly. However I just hated the look of it. I may get bashed but it looks like a old man car. 

So ok what has this got to do with Skoda? Well I have had some lovely cars in the past through work, and privately owned. My favourite being my wife's 3 series 320d  e91 m sport touring. I loved it so much my last decent company car was a f30 318d m sport. However with a growing family it just want practical and for some reason the 147bhp diesel is not a patch on the vw/Audi power plant. 

Anyway I digress. I fell In love with my ugly duckling Passat, but wanted more on it. However things didn't work out at the company I moved to so I started job hunting. 

Meanwhile our 320d m sport estate god love it has, due to family life become impossible to live with. It's far too small the moment you have children and I "suffer" being 6 foot 4 inches tall which renders most cars and rear space useless. So we went hunting. I urged the Mrs to look at an Octavia vrs. She didn't want one stating (and i quote) it's a police car!!! So we trapsed every manufacturer from pug, to renult, to Nissan BMW, Audi you get the picture... purely looking for legroom and practicality the moment my seat is in my driving position. It was late on a sunday afternoon when i found myself sat in a Tiguan both dishearted and dissapointed. It was the first car I fitted in really but we could barely afford it, and I am sure that even baby Jesus was born into more luxury surroundings. So I suggested we try the Skoda garage. (Us men can sometimes win you know) 

We sat in a Octavia vrs 245 estate in Corida red, well I was in love and the wife was grinning ear to ear. Cut a long story short we ordered a white Octavia VRS saloon diesel with the black pack and a spare wheel and I'm so looking forward to the end of Feb when it turns up!!! 

As luck would have it I found a brilliant new job and moved company in January. The company car policy was pretty flexible, so I could have had hybrids etc. However I am now that guy that has two of the same badge... I sat in a Superb sportline the same day we ordered our Octavia and thought it was the best thing ever. It's the Passat refresh VW should have made but I'm glad they didn't!!! I like the understatement of a Skoda and I'm totally hooked! 

So the new car is as follows:

Metallic black Superb sportline

with:

folding memory auto dark mirrors

Spare wheel 

Mud flaps 

Adaptive cruise control 

2300 miles on the clock ex demo 

For the sum of 22k. :)

Thank you Skoda. 

Really looking forward to reading more on the forum for both cars. Already found loads of useful info regarding the light upgrades etc. 

20180116_160928.jpg

All of the above i both interesting & amusing!

I'm having problems re. deciding what next to buy, (with my own pennies, 'cos I'm too old to work for a living....) & I'm pondering  between  a new Superb or a Passat. 

Both would be 2.0 TSi DSG, probably a GT estate ('cos I don't like saloons) if it's the VW or a Sportline hatch. 

There are decent discounts on the Passat so with some nice toys OTR = £29-30K, probably the same for the Superb.

I don't object to the old man image (I'm 71 this year & I own stringbacks....) & after a gentle re-map both cars would be quick enough to be fun, but 

which car is best?

I'm especially thinking NVH & residuals, + perceived quality.

Either car would be "sensible", bigger than I actually need & possibly a pain to park, but in keeping with the white haired , doddering old fool image. 

Something smaller would work for me, but SWMBO already has a Golf Estate & last weeks drive in a vRS 245 estate was unimpressive, if only 'cos

it was sooo noisy, especially when compared with my ancient Superb 2.

Any advice would be very welcome, cheers, DC.

1 hour ago, old newbie2 said:

I think you've already decided on the Passat. The Superb is the same car in Czech clothing (and cheaper, spec for spec) but you don't get the badge.

Myself, I ignore the smirks and enjoy the car.

I'd obviously also go for the Suberb too. My brother has a 2016 reg Passat and I've a 2016 Superb and the Superb is far roomier internally and more aesthetically pleasing. I can't get past the awful analogue clock slap-bang in the middle of the Passat dash either. The Superb also a better and more comfortable drive.

I went for a higher spec in the Superb than he did in the Passat and that has to be factored in too I suppose. 

All that said, from what I've read in reviews and talking to VW, Skoda and Audi dealers, a Superb is in the same class as the A6 or 5-Series so you're off to a looser if you're comparing to a Passat (imho). 

3 hours ago, old newbie2 said:

Something smaller would work for me, but SWMBO already has a Golf Estate & last weeks drive in a vRS 245 estate was unimpressive, if only 'cos

it was sooo noisy, especially when compared with my ancient Superb 2.

Any advice would be very welcome, cheers, DC.

No issues NVH for me, and the Superb is a lot quieter than the Octavia's I owned previously.

The 2.0 TSi is a peach of a unit in either 220 or 280 form, and fits perfectly with the DSG IMO.

Well I've a sportline 280 combi on the way,  so I would say this,  but Skoda all the way. Passat just isnt nice looking and is pretty expensive like for like.

We drove a lot of cars before deciding as we'll have this one probably 10 years, the Superb was just better,  even without the price difference. 

3 hours ago, freelunch said:

I think you've already decided on the Passat. The Superb is the same car in Czech clothing (and cheaper, spec for spec) but you don't get the badge.

Myself, I ignore the smirks and enjoy the car.

The problem is that I haven't decided what to buy!

I can cope with smirks, I know what I'm driving....

We've both owned  Octy 2 vRS's, all DSG, & really wished that we liked the Mk 3 version,  but can't bring ourselves to buy a car that is the right size but

too noisy inside.

It could be so much better, but only if VW would allow Skoda to spend a bit more on materials & decent sound-proofing.

It's ironic, both the Superb 2 & 3 are quiet, well-made cars & sold for less than the Passats that they were based on, but I suspect that VW

has permitted Skoda to spend more than on the mass-market Octavia.

As for badge snobbery, between us we've owned 3 VW's + 3 Skodas, & if I decide to decline the well-priced (but possibly boring) Passat I might well add a Leon Cupra or a used S3 Sportback to our mini-fleet, but keep the Superb when I want a quiet & peaceful drive.

After all, 252 ps & 36 mpg is quire acceptable for a barge.... 

1 hour ago, Mr Grump said:

No issues NVH for me, and the Superb is a lot quieter than the Octavia's I owned previously.

The 2.0 TSi is a peach of a unit in either 220 or 280 form, and fits perfectly with the DSG IMO.

Agreed, any Superb is quieter than the equivalent Octavia, & I wouldn't have considered a Passat at all, except that it's currently a "Target  Car"

& therefore quite cheap at the moment.

DC