The Superb III Picture thread

• 2 weeks later...

I posted some of mine in black magic with beige interior i think in the owner’s thread. Date around 8th August 2017 or a few days later. I hope this helps. Back seat passengers are blown away by it.

even grey days are pleasantly light inside the car.

19 minutes ago, SwissRob said:

I posted some of mine in black magic with beige interior i think in the owner’s thread. Date around 8th August 2017 or a few days later. I hope this helps. Back seat passengers are blown away by it.

even grey days are pleasantly light inside the car.

Awesome! Thanks I will take a look. 

Do you notice the extra weight at all?

2 hours ago, thebigred said:

Anyone have a pic of the estate with pan roof? Ideally from the top please!

One I took a frosty, sunny morning some days ago. 

1900EA57-DF7A-4E9D-9495-95CD4875ACA9.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 2/22/2018 at 18:50, thebigred said:

Do you notice the extra weight at all?

Hi @thebigred - I don't notice the extra weight compared with an estate without the pan sunroof because I never drove a 220PS DSG Superb Estate without one. 

My 220PS DSG accelerates very briskly (brisk Skoda!) (0-60mph in 7.2 seconds) so I am perfectly happy. 

What I can say: I never want to be without it - it lightens horrible dark grey days so that you wonder how other drivers can stand being in their dark little boxes on wheels. 

And when the sun shines you feel you're on holiday :) 

My beige leather interior increases my sensation of luxury, so I feel Superb-ly superior to many other vehicles on the road (yes, those 'premium German ones too) when driving. 

You asked for a picture from the top of estates with pan sunroofs. 

Because my car is magic black, you don't really notice the pan sunroof as part of the roof  - the impression is just of a black roof (ok with some lines where the sunroof is, but it hardly stands out).

If you are planning to buy a light coloured estate, then if I were you, I would request photos of the colour you prefer or red, silver, dragon green, or the various shades of white estates' pan sunroofs. 

These have the most distinguishable sunroof. 

Because my roof is black and the sunroof too, I am glad  the effect is decent and subtle and doesn't shout "I spent a lot on extras". You have to observe the car carefully to see if it has the pan sunroof at all. That suits me. 

I get the most enjoyment from the sunroof from the inside (it's awesome, especially for back seat guests) and not from the outside.

I hope this made sense to you!

All the best,

Rob

• Like 1

On 2/22/2018 at 18:25, thebigred said:

Anyone have a pic of the estate with pan roof? Ideally from the top please!

Hi @thebigred me again (Rob). It's a cold Sunday morning and trying to snow here south of Zurich. 

I thought I'd take a few pics of my car for you from above to illustrate what I mean about the panoramic sunroof blending into the rest of the roof: 

DSC00094.JPG

Edited by SwissRob
change pic

3 minutes ago, SwissRob said:

Hi @thebigred me again (Rob). It's a cold Sunday morning and trying to snow here south of Zurich. 

I thought I'd take a few pics of my car for you from above to illustrate what I mean about the panoramic sunroof blending into the rest of the roof: 

Superb 'Style' 220 PS DSG

Thanks for the Photos Rob!

I agree it looks good in the darker colour....I've actually gone for business grey, slight compromise as it's a stock car, but from what I've seen very happy. I was actually really interested to see how big the roof was so this pic is spot on - thanks again :)

For @thebigred

As you can see from the above picture, the panoramic sunroof goes all the way to the "C" pillar - so if you have a ride in a superb estate without roof you will be able to imagine how far back it extends. 

I hope this was useful. 

All the best

Rob

PS I changed the pic from the one you quoted - I think it's a better illustration.

Edited by SwissRob
Pic changed

5 hours ago, Dazkim said:

AC82A019-F8F7-46A1-B90B-E4CB851071C6.jpeg

i'm surprised u have a 4x4 with that rear diffusor.

normally the 4x4 has real exhaust tips.

the one u have there is the Sportline diffusor with no/fake outlets.

or is that only the 280ps 4x4 gets the real exhaust tips?!?

3 hours ago, JR RS said:

i'm surprised u have a 4x4 with that rear diffusor.

normally the 4x4 has real exhaust tips.

the one u have there is the Sportline diffusor with no/fake outlets.

or is that only the 280ps 4x4 gets the real exhaust tips?!?

Not sure to be honest but I can assure you that it is a 190bhp diesel 4x4 dsg sportsline.

Yeap. Only the 280 has real twin exhaust tips. If there’s a 4x4 badge without them then it’s the 190 TDi. 

Anyway here’s a couple more shots of the pano sunroof on a quartz grey combi from the top. This time when she was clean. 

1D85608B-A1DC-448E-AB63-9AC51B6C400F.jpeg

3008DF98-6804-4F69-8F6C-AEB1D16FBB44.jpeg

• Like 1

On 27/02/2018 at 10:39, edwards said:

I believe its only the 280 that has actual tips.

Here they are  .....  just picked this up couple of weeks ago , previously had a 220- SE-L .   Loving the new Beast  !!  :)

24 Feb 2018 (2).JPG

Edited by Boxerdog1
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, edwards said:

Oooh. Nice. Mine comes on Monday assuming I can get to Plymouth...

I'm a further 60 miles West of Plymouth in Illogan and thaw has started ... virtually no snow left .  By Monday I would imagine weather will be fine and you'll have a great journey back in an amazing motor !! 

14 minutes ago, Boxerdog1 said:

I'm a further 60 miles West of Plymouth in Illogan and thaw has started ... virtually no snow left .  By Monday I would imagine weather will be fine and you'll have a great journey back in an amazing motor !! 

Excellent. I only have to get to Murrays out near Plymstock anyway thank god. 

Looking forward to it now....

This cold weather brings up the question, would you like to be stuck in a motorway queue for hours with an electric car?

How long would the battery last keeping the car warm?

1 hour ago, facet edge said:

This cold weather brings up the question, would you like to be stuck in a motorway queue for hours with an electric car?

How long would the battery last keeping the car warm?

Good Question obviously for me a diesel superb with plenty of diesel and electric seats :sweat: 

1 minute ago, stecon29 said:

Good Question obviously for me a diesel superb with plenty of diesel and electric seats :sweat: 

The problem is a diesel engine needs to be driven under load to warm up (or maintain normal operating temperature) I bet after an hour or two of ticking over the heat they put out would be minimal, of course the heated seat on maximum will help you keep warm though :thumbup: