The Superb III Picture thread

1 minute ago, penguin17 said:

Engine up to temp. Check.  Sport mode.  Check.  Accelerator.  Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeck :o:biggrin:

Let us know how you get on

:D:D:D:D:D  I think this maybe be done next time i enter the motorway :giggle:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

You can really go off some people.  Stop teasing me :biggrin:

I take it you're still well and truly in the honeymoon period?   What are your initial thoughts so far? 

Loving the 'smugline' tag..... wonder if I can re-engineer the badges to read that instead of sportline...

I am really starting to like it more and more. Another 30 miles last night and its really lovely, calm and whooshy on normal mode and if you dabble in sport , bad things can happen very quickly. Of course I am being sensible  running in and have not exceeded 4000rpm while overtaking on the A41 at all officer...... It isn't a sports car as its just too big and heavy, but it is a very swift and effortless milemuncher and I suspect it won't be too bad on twisties when I eventually can take it on some. Off to Cornwall soon and that will involve 250 miles each way as a family bus with 4 bikes on a rack and full of vital kit like my wife's shoe collection and the kids massive bag full of electronic gizmos, and then some time blasting around Dartmoor/Bodmin moor which should be considerably more fun...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Engine up to temp. Check.  Sport mode.  Check.  bowels clamped closed Accelerator.  Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeck :o:biggrin:

Let us know how you get on

fixed that for you. trust me on this.....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, edwards said:

Loving the 'smugline' tag..... wonder if I can re-engineer the badges to read that instead of sportline...

I am really starting to like it more and more. Another 30 miles last night and its really lovely, calm and whooshy on normal mode and if you dabble in sport , bad things can happen very quickly. Of course I am being sensible  running in and have not exceeded 4000rpm while overtaking on the A41 at all officer...... It isn't a sports car as its just too big and heavy, but it is a very swift and effortless milemuncher and I suspect it won't be too bad on twisties when I eventually can take it on some. Off to Cornwall soon and that will involve 250 miles each way as a family bus with 4 bikes on a rack and full of vital kit like my wife's shoe collection and the kids massive bag full of electronic gizmos, and then some time blasting around Dartmoor/Bodmin moor which should be considerably more fun...

They handle quite well down here in the 'twisties'    :biggrin:

• Like 2

To be honest, while the Superb is truly SUPERB, its a bit disappointing not seeing any real mods or hot rod Superbs.  What do you guys think?

It seems that Superskoda and a very few other suppliers do bits and pieces but nothing like that has been done to the Arteon for instance.  I will post pictures this arvo of what i have done to my Superb, (get it detailed first!!)

in the meantime this is what i mean about the Arteon, this is NOT a hate thread......

zoki-nanco-nancorocks-1.jpg

zoki-nanco-nancorocks-hdri10.jpg

• Like 1

I think the Arteons looks like crap, and I don´t understand why anybody would want to remove the springs (I know, it doesn´t work that way!), mount ugly wheels and fake clips/hook-ons etc. on their car.

Maybe Superb owners in general has a better taste?

• Like 2

I've modified my Superb... well, I put a bumper protector on it to stop the spaniel damaging it. Get me, super-modder!

• Like 1

Not something I would hanker after. Never mind the practicality, it just looks wrong from any angle.

As an exhibition/concourse car maybe but as road car????

Thinking about it I wondewr whether it came from an x box game :D:D

Edited by Sagalout

17 hours ago, edwards said:

I've modified my Superb... well, I put a bumper protector on it to stop the spaniel damaging it. Get me, super-modder!

sarcasm noted.....

• Haha 1

So here is my 2016 Superb with Tech Pack and Comfort Pack, let the trolls begin....

So i have done the following:

1. Boot Spoiler 2. Roof Spoiler 3. Rear diffuser 4. Front and Rear Rotors cross drilled and slotted on front 5. Additional 2 horns with halo lights 6. Caliper Covers 7. Side skirts inc Rear 8. Fakey (Dummy) Exhaust Outlets 9. Octavia VRS Steering wheel 10. Shift Paddles 11. 10mm Spacers on Front 12. 15mm Spacers on rear 13. Honeycomb Grille with Chrome surrounds, 14. Honeycomb lower air inlets besides fog lights 15. The usual Blue LED footwell light upgrades 16. Door Spot Light spots 17. VW Passat Sports Footrest 18. Custom Red Piping interior 19. Chrome Seat switch surround (more coming) 20. VRS Wheel Centres 21. Chrome Wheel stud caps 22. R Line Badge on front quarter panel 23. Amp Upgrade 24. The usual door catch trim covers and hinge covers 25. 

Some other bits coming: 1. Sub woofers with custom install 2. Video in motion 3. Door Panel switch trims 4. Front Bumper trims under fog lights 5. I would like to find the 9.2 Columbus and upgrade the head unit.....

Mechanical plans include 1. Lowering the car, either H&R or custom height control mount points 2. Taking the car to Harding Performance to see what Guy can do.

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0468 (1).jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470 (1).jpg

IMG_0471(1).jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477(1).jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466(1).jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

• Like 3

Fair play to you, its personalised. Most of it isn't for me, but if we were all the same then the world would be a dull place.  I guess my sportline has a slight 'modded' look from factory anyway, so all I've done is bang the boot lip protector and mudguards on it!

@BigUU She looks amazing, mate! Where do you get all your parts? That would interest me and probably many others. 

My mods are modest (listed elsewhere) but include PedalBox, bright LED lighting for the boot (trunk) folding loading bay mat and a polished stainless loading area bumper protector. All parts from www.superskoda.com 

All the best, Rob (Switzerland).

Not the best photos, but here’s my 1.4 TSi SE DSG before it rolled out of the showroom yesterday.

Tested both 2.0 TDi and 1.4TSi before deciding the petrol was absolutely fine. Only extra was the electrice tailgate, which is packaged with LED rear lights in the UK.

First impressions? Noticeably quieter & smoother than the Octavia it replaced, the automatic parking brake is a boon in traffic, the new touchscreen infotainment system is one of the best on the market, period.

And thank the Lord it’s got independent rear suspension and not the gruesome torsion beam my Octy had. Noticeably quieter & better damped ride.

I’ll post some more photos later.

F1F758D7-3522-4AFA-AF36-9471A0C87B07.jpeg

94E2C647-4580-43F1-ABE1-686FA6084504.jpeg

Edited by MorrisOx
  • Like 1

@BigUU   Loving the flip flops :D Do they come with the car in Oz or did you buy them after?

I would never bother with all that stuff but fair play to you it does look good and nowhere near the x box piccies earlier.

Edited by Sagalout

6 hours ago, Sagalout said:

@BigUU   Loving the flip flops :D Do they come with the car in Oz or did you buy them after?

I would never bother with all that stuff but fair play to you it does look good and nowhere near the x box piccies earlier.

Flip flops the staple of every Aussies wardrobe!

16 hours ago, SwissRob said:

@BigUU She looks amazing, mate! Where do you get all your parts? That would interest me and probably many others. 

My mods are modest (listed elsewhere) but include PedalBox, bright LED lighting for the boot (trunk) folding loading bay mat and a polished stainless loading area bumper protector. All parts from www.superskoda.com 

All the best, Rob (Switzerland).

Hi Rob,

Parts were sourced from

SuperSkoda

ebay Australia

eBay UK

Alliexpress

Alliexpress seems pretty good, but like many sites just gotta check the pricing.

Steering wheel from eBay UK - about half the price of SuperSkoda

I would prefer a different supplier to Superskoda but there aren't any, for instance the rear side skirts are a different colour to the full side skirts.

The red trim is just a general interior trim found on any eBay site, i chose the red chrome, and used it on the outside as well, in the front grille, the rear bumper and the side body mouldings,

Just a lot of time researching, like about three months!!

There are good sites in the European community for parts, but don't seem to speak English and i didn't get replies. (and cheaper)

The rotors came from eBay UK, cant find them now; but the rear rotors were the hardest to source with cross drilling.

Hope it helps

4 hours ago, BigUU said:

found some more info Rob...

Great, many thanks! I like the idea of the spacers - I think they would improve the stance of mine somewhat.

Looks a bit tame at the moment. I don't mind being a wolf in sheep's clothing but sometimes it's nice to have a subtle something. 

What are the spots behind the grille for? Scaring the roos away? ;) 

All the best, Rob

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:54, BigUU said:

So here is my 2016 Superb with Tech Pack and Comfort Pack, let the trolls begin....

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0477(1).jpg

wow.....u've been busy with ur Superb!!

i too have the Tech and Comfort packs on my 162TSi MY17 Superb :)

nice plates too.

i saw those rear diffusor add-ons from SuperSkoda - i personally don't like them.  hopefully they look much better in real life!

i got myself the Sportline diffusor.  much better looking than the original diffusor the 162TSi comes with.

5a5fe148e1d58_sportlinediffusor03.thumb.jpg.d07c14b13138cdc45d442619516aefa5.jpg5a5fe1343658d_sportlinediffusor01.thumb.jpg.214a30075aa242444e827af29f27adb0.jpg

2 hours ago, JR RS said:

wow.....u've been busy with ur Superb!!

i too have the Tech and Comfort packs on my 162TSi MY17 Superb :)

nice plates too.

i saw those rear diffusor add-ons from SuperSkoda - i personally don't like them.  hopefully they look much better in real life!

i got myself the Sportline diffusor.  much better looking than the original diffusor the 162TSi comes with.

5a5fe148e1d58_sportlinediffusor03.thumb.jpg.d07c14b13138cdc45d442619516aefa5.jpg5a5fe1343658d_sportlinediffusor01.thumb.jpg.214a30075aa242444e827af29f27adb0.jpg

Yep the Sportline diffuser certainly looks the goods.  Nice package!

if you would like some front and rear mud flaps let me know, i have them left over after fitting the side skirts, happy to ship them down to ACT for you!

Edited by BigUU

On 04/08/2017 at 22:16, Danny77 said:

The trade in to the right......16 year old rust-ridden, creaky, squeaky, smoky, leaky (sounds like a bad Seven Dwarves remake) Audi A6 Avant.

The new motor to the left after signing the docs and taking the keys :)

IMG_20170804_122113.jpg

can't believe the size difference of an old A6 compared to todays large car

• Like 1

On 19/01/2018 at 19:48, nicklouse said:

Not fussed about cleaning before collection, detailer has said regardless will spend first half a day doing several chemical and clay cleans before 1.5 days polishing out all the factory swirls and paint finish fixes.  Figure a quick clean by dealer won't make that any worse :)  Can't wait for it to look like yours!

can you explain a bit more about detailing? i've never heard of it...so is this recommended when you get a new car? what happens in the process? i am base din London so if you can recommend any that would be great...how much does it cost? thanks in advance

Detailing is about how the car finishes are better protected, kept clean and looking top notch. There are loads of different approaches ranging from a £200 job up to thousands of pounds to prepare the car from new and just as many ideas on how to keep it that way. So, it is more complex and thorough than everyday washing, waxing and polishing the car.

It is not essential on a car unless you want to keep it in tip top condition and looking just like it did when you picked it up brand new.

Take a look at this forum https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/8-styling-and-car-care/  which should give you an idea of what it is all about. 

• Like 1