The Superb III Picture thread

7 minutes ago, chr1staylor said:

Nice. 

Can you tell me what roof bars those are? Trying to find a pair for my hatch. Have they damaged the paintwork or door seals at all? 

No problem.

They’re ‘CRUZ’ bars. I picked them because they’re black and match the black Sportline trim. 

The finish isn’t as good as my previous Thule bars, but they’re about half the price at £115. I’ve had to tighten them once since I fitted them.

I haven’t actually removed them yet, the door trim stayed the same (deformed) shape when the door is open, they’ll probably return to shape if I remove them long enough, I guess if they don’t a bit of work and hot water will sort it.

they fit to the holes inside the door frame so shouldn’t damage the paint at all.

7/10 I suppose... I’d go for Thule again next time, especially as I’ve found they make black bars now!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I was a bit surprised as to why a 2006 Vrs owner was wondering about a cycle carrier on a Mk3 Superb hatch, thanks for clearing that up for me. Looking good in Darth Vader Black.:thumbup:

👍

17 minutes ago, Pjay777 said:

No problem.

They’re ‘CRUZ’ bars. I picked them because they’re black and match the black Sportline trim. 

The finish isn’t as good as my previous Thule bars, but they’re about half the price at £115. I’ve had to tighten them once since I fitted them.

I haven’t actually removed them yet, the door trim stayed the same (deformed) shape when the door is open, they’ll probably return to shape if I remove them long enough, I guess if they don’t a bit of work and hot water will sort it.

they fit to the holes inside the door frame so shouldn’t damage the paint at all.

7/10 I suppose... I’d go for Thule again next time, especially as I’ve found they make black bars now!

Great stuff, thanks. 

Here is my 2016 (MY17) ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4, just arrived back from an epic 3,500km road trip and had a few laps around the world famous Mount Panorama Bathurst Circuit.

I am also the first in Australia to have one of the new Thule EVO Roof Bar kits for the Superb Sedan, here are the part numbers if interested;

Thule WingBar EVO135 (711400) (Silver)

Thule EVO Clamp (710500)

Thule Fit Kit (5207)

...and that's my Thule Touring L Roof Box that I have had for a few years...

Mount Panorama Bathurst.jpeg

Rydges Mount Panorama Bathurst.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, the sooty said:

Thought I would add one of my new Superb, its has replaced an Octavia.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_mini_2a5d.jpg.2a9f7962ec2ca98e6ce0c023b789b8a7.jpg

I hope there's an interesting story behind this?! Or is it being delivered here?

8 minutes ago, boydeee said:

I hope there's an interesting story behind this?! Or is it being delivered here?

Just a puncture that was too big for the tyre sealant to deal with. The joys of no spare!

15 minutes ago, the sooty said:

Just a puncture that was too big for the tyre sealant to deal with. The joys of no spare!

Ahhh gutted! Have you now got plans to try and source a spare?

• 2 weeks later...

Walking to the car the other day to unload a ton of "necessary" family sh!t@  following some solo quality time behind the wheel the day before including a bit of what I call "real-life" speed fun vs much sportier cars I couldn't help but think (in typical "Hey boy" creepy guy meme fashion):

q-car.thumb.png.fb05ce29f359db286074c705be5ccf51.png

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, vrskeith said:

The New Skoda Superb or mk 3.5?

Our local dealer has the Estate version of the new Superb 3.5 in their showroom right now. Not sure about the Audi chrome strip running across the back of the car or removing the rear Skoda badge and replacing with V O L V O type letters as well. An aquired taste for Superb lovers me thinks. Too much messing as usual from Skoda for a facelift model.:whew:

• Like 1

Hi there. So here is mine, fresh from the box, collected today. 1.5TSI and manual which i prefered over Octavia+DSG combination.

She's probably one of the earliest Facelift Mk3 models here in Estonia. Aside from few options she is as basic and blank as they could be ordered, still heaps and miles better than the previous Fiat Doblo that i had as a company car.

Zoig-MK3.jpg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Our local dealer has the Estate version of the new Superb 3.5 in their showroom right now. Not sure about the Audi chrome strip running across the back of the car or removing the rear Skoda badge and replacing with V O L V O type letters as well. An aquired taste for Superb lovers me thinks. Too much messing as usual from Skoda for a facelift model.:whew:

Another not a fan of the nicking of the Volvo idea - it's also on the new F O C U S too.

9 hours ago, AidanF said:

New here, so firstly hello all.

Just a couple of pics of my new (to me) Superb.

19 plate 272 Laurin & Klement, business grey with black leather and 19 inch Trinity Anthracite alloys.

Picked it up on Friday so still early days, but so far I'm a happy man 😊

Cheers, Aidan.

congratulations and good color choice :D

basically the "same" look i have, though mine is a 220.

243976351_superblatest.thumb.jpg.31d4101a61ff8cb5c68818726e5fb4ec.jpg

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1

On 04/09/2019 at 05:34, JR RS said:

congratulations and good color choice :D

basically the "same" look i have, though mine is a 220.

Cheers, not the most exciting colour choice I know, but I think the grey suits the L&K and my personal preference is for the discrete look. Louder colours work better on the Sportline I think.

PS: looking at your picture I have extreme garage envy, can hardly get in mine as it seems to be the dumping ground for anything not wanted in the house 😣