The roomster motorhome

I was at vw festival at the weekend and i bought a great little tent that can only be described as a car awning which adds lots of useful room for cooking in or sitting in if its raining. The issue of needing another little bit of room was the main issue for me not having pursued this sooner but i believe this has sorted my issues, pics to follow!

f0c7df84507516c07843b49856de1d57.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Go Outdoors are selling an air beam style tent that goes over the rear of a car.

Am thinking about one for trips away with my boys or for days / weekends at bike races. Somewhere to change, service bikes,eat, etc.

Not cheap at £400 IIRC

http://m.gooutdoors.co.uk/freedom-trail-airo-driveaway-p350667

Go Outdoors are selling an air beam style tent that goes over the rear of a car.

Am thinking about one for trips away with my boys or for days / weekends at bike races. Somewhere to change, service bikes,eat, etc.

Not cheap at £400 IIRC

http://m.gooutdoors.co.uk/freedom-trail-airo-driveaway-p350667

The reason behind this idea is as a changing room etc for surfing or mountainbiking and also somewhere to eat if its windy. The woman who thought it up is a surfer and was sick of getting out of her wetsuit 1 in view of everyone/freezing cold in the wind so may be ideal for that sort of thing

Dont know about servicing a bike in there though maybe a bit small

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Looks quick and simple to set up.

How is it attached to the car?

Guess it is thrown over the top o the hatch and suckers / hooks attached to the windows?

Is there some weight in the light blue strip along the bottom? Or pegs?

Nice, just the job. Any chance of a photo looking inside towards the tailgate.

yep we are going to be giving it its first overnighter tomorrow night so I will take some pictures with it all setup 

Looks quick and simple to set up.

How is it attached to the car?

Guess it is thrown over the top o the hatch and suckers / hooks attached to the windows?

Is there some weight in the light blue strip along the bottom? Or pegs?

there straps that go around the wheels first of all then suckers for the windows and then the roof then you just put two poles in to hold the extra that overhangs the tailgate. and then you let the tailgate rise and its all held up. we attempted it for the first time lastnight and took about 3-4 mins start to finish :)

• Like 1

That pic outside your house, could be undertakers collecting a body from a crime scene......only joking!

Yes I spotted these hatchback awnings/tents at the VW Fest up at Harewood, though haven't felt the need for one.

But a useful extra for a young family, or surfers, triathletes, etc etc.

Richard