VCDS options on Superb III

53 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

But surely copying thumbnails or other graphic material, as stupid as it may be, is a completely different thing to trademark technology?

How is different? Both is stealing and normal companies do not do this. And the best is that I did not get a feeling that they thought they did something wrong.

53 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

I would rather agree with the app argument. I have hundreds of credits (you get one every day if log in) but I have never used any of them. I prefer the traditional adaptation/coding way. But I suppose, selecting an incompatible option from a random adaptation even via VCDS would cause harm, there is no fail-safe there either, no?

Since obdeleven is a consumer product and not a professional diagnostic tool, it should in NO way let the user do coding that was not mentioned for that module. In NO way. Period.

What this shows to me is that Voltas just puts out untested apps and makes users their test bunnies.
While Ross-Tech does not give out any problematic options and tests the stuff thoroughly, although there were some problems also with Ross-Tech in the past, but everything was solved by them.

Edited by mtl

1 hour ago, mtl said:

How is different? Both is stealing and normal companies do not do this. And the best is that I did not get a feeling that they thought they did something wrong.

Since obdeleven is a consumer product and not a professional diagnostic tool, it should in NO way let the user do coding that was not mentioned for that module. In NO way. Period.

What this shows to me is that Voltas just puts out untested apps and makes users their test bunnies.
While Ross-Tech does not give out any problematic options and tests the stuff thoroughly, although there were some problems also with Ross-Tech in the past, but everything was solved by them.

Well, as frustrating as it may be, getting screenshots of user's videos etc. is legally very different to something which is patented or property of a particular company, but you know that already. And "normal" companies do steal, a lot, they just do it in a professional manner!

I agree that regarding the apps there should be a disclaimer but that again does not make them a non-legitimate company, a careless one maybe. You do get what you pay for, Ross-Tech has probably far superior support and customer service but If you're aware of what you're doing and simply follow confirmed adaptations as most people do you won't be having any issues. At least I know I haven't had any since several years now, and same for many people I know of.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

I agree that regarding the apps there should be a disclaimer but that again does not make them a non-legitimate company, a careless one maybe.

Careless? Well, for you it is only careless, and until you are playing with lights and sounds nothing dangerous could (usually) happen although also this is not really true, since even some users here do not give a damn for blinding an opposite traffic, just so that their cars look cool...

But when you are using untested stuff on ABS controller, A5 camera, ACC, then you must be stupid to say this is JUST careless. Because this can lead to tragic accidents that can result in deaths if unproper coding is done.
So Voltas is basically playing with their customers lives. And coding your car is no game where you have x new lives.

Edited by mtl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mtl said:

Careless? Well, for you it is only careless, and until you are playing with lights and sounds nothing dangerous could (usually) happen although also this is not really true, since even some users here do not give a damn for blinding an opposite traffic, just so that their cars look cool...

But when you are using untested stuff on ABS controller, A5 camera, ACC, then you must be stupid to say this is JUST careless. Because this can lead to tragic accidents that can result in deaths if unproper coding is done.

And why would you use untested stuff or try apps without any idea if they are working or not? :thinking:   In that position that stupid would be you clearly (well not YOU literally). The fact that you get access to something does not mean it's without risks. Unless people think all available options can be ticked and tried at will. That would again make them what I said earlier.

I have done tenths of adaptations for brake assist, XDS e-diff, VAQ diff, all wheel drive, throttle, ACC etc. etc. in various cars all these years, always following tried-tested instructions. Not ever had I had a single issue. Trying stuff you have no idea is asking for trouble, which is true for VCDS too, but just harder to happen (although not impossible at all).

VCDS is not marketing itself as an easy to use one click do it all system, while obdeleven is doing just that.
I would expect that if app is available for a car it will do what it says and not mess up the car. This means that their development is not testing enough the product and just want to add new features even if they are untested. I would expect that if the car is not 100% compatible (not, 95% or 60% compatible) with the app, it will just say this app is not available, but this does not happen. Why? Because they just want to sell these apps, there is a limited number of people who are willing to invest time in understanding coding and learn everything and usually these go for other products (VCDS, VCP, Odis), but there is unlimited number of customers that want to have one click have it all in 5 seconds.
And company MUST protect these customers from their product and themselves. But if you are just chasing money, that does not happen and of course you are just careless and stealing screenshoots from other people, because if you do not give a damn about your customers lives, you also do not give a damn about copyright, etc.

Edited by mtl

17 minutes ago, mtl said:

VCDS is not marketing itself as an easy to use one click do it all system, while obdeleven is doing just that.
I would expect that if app is available for a car it will do what it says and not mess up the car. This means that their development is not testing enough the product and just want to add new features even if they are untested. I would expect that if the car is not 100% compatible (not, 95% or 60% compatible) with the app, it will just say this app is not available, but this does not happen. Why? Because they just want to sell these apps, there is a limited number of people who are willing to invest time in understanding coding and learn everything and usually these go for other products (VCDS, VCP, Odis), but there is unlimited number of customers that want to have one click have it all in 5 seconds.
And company MUST protect these customers from their product and themselves. But if you are just chasing money, that does not happen and of course you are just careless and stealing screenshoots from other people, because if you do not give a damn about your customers lives, you also do not give a damn about copyright, etc.

I don't disagree with what you say but it also depends on your approach and attitude on how you go about trying codings - this has to be done always by using caution and a fair bit of investigation before trying something out. Too much confidence on either company can cause trouble.

You could definitely call Voltas irresponsible for publishing apps that are not 100% tested, but on the other hand you can do just as much harm with VCDS if you're not aware of what you're changing. Even in this very site, you will find warnings about particular VCDS adaptations/codings (for example enabling A/C blower speed or 5F changes)  that they should not be tried below particular versions or if people are not comfortable with changing bits. I believe these warnings were not sent from Ross-Tech themselves directly to each customer but they were made from an individual (Gizmo) that wanted to protect other users. So where is the user protection there? The answer is there can't be 100% protection anyway as MY changes and adaptations are moved or modules modified. Ross-Tech in the end, does not address to professionals only, neither do they control who buys and uses their products. And there's enthusiasts that have messed their cars with VCDS too as far as I know.

Of-course, it's worse by advertising this one click modding but simply ignore that and use the tool the traditional way by accessing Modules and Adaptations via confirmed adaptations and you are much less likely to encounter any issues. I came to OBDEleven from VCDS so I knew my way around modules and for someone similar, it is just a quicker and easier way to do things, no real dangers. Entering the "coding world" via OBDEleven, with minimal software understanding and trying out random stuff or use apps at will is something I wouldn't recommend either. The rest is more about company ethics and customer support but there you get what you pay for I suppose.

Just my opinion...

Afaik both VCDS and OBDEleven are not approved by or connected in anyway with VAG.

Any software/hardware engineer can freely access OBD2 open protocol information to develop their own diagnostic tools, however there are many proprietary manufacturer extensions to OBD2 which are not open and this is what we are talking about here.

I'd be surprised if either VCDS or OBDEleven don't rely heavily on customer and insider supplied information, some reverse engineering and other legally shady practices. This won't bother VAG too much (yet) because its relatively small fish. Problem will start if they think they are losing sales because too many people are coding in expensive options for free. VCDS never would be a threat, its too expensive, but APPs like OBDeleven could potentially.

VCDS, formally Vagcom is a US outfit that has been around for many years and so have by default gained a solid reputation, but I would not call it  professional kit any more than OBDeleven or Carista. Professional kit would have VAG approval.

Newcomer OBDeleven probably started out like millions of other phone APPs as a hobby. Could be there is still only one person behind the product. 

None of these products will have access to the hundreds of models required to '"test" coding, they will have to rely on insider info, reverse engineering of other products or software or most likely feedback from customers or workshop technicians using their kit.

A lot of mods published will be specific to a particular model, production date, firmware and software revisions fitted. Any other variant and you could find yourself with obvious and more worrying, unseen problems which might even be safety issues.

As such they alk will say, "proceed at your own risk". Don't rely on claiming on their product liability insurance, it may not even exist! 

• Like 3

Ok, I do not have time to repeat myself. Read again and you will understand.

A person who buys GENUINE VCDS (not a clone for 20 USD) in wast majority knows what VCDS can do and will not mess up the car. Every car that I was saving and the coding was done on it with VCDS was from a cloned VCDS and coding done by a person who just copy/pasted coding from an internet. In some cases even copy/paste was not 100% :). And GENUINE VCDS has some warnings included (for example Byte 18 on PQ35 platform, etc.).

On the other hand Obdeleven MARKETS itself to a complete car unenthusiast as a one click 5 second no knowledge and experience necessary solution. And it is UNexceptable that they are playing with the lives of their customers. And with apps you do not do any coding, you just press the button and the coding is done by the app, so by Voltec. And it is THEIR RESPONSIBILITY THAT IT WORKS OK AND DOES NOT MESS UP THE CAR.

Do you understand the difference?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mtl said:

Do you understand the difference?

Not really, I think you will find thete are clear disclaimers buried in each products EULA. Both have the potential to brick your car.... VAG will also step back from any warranty or liability as soon as you start to "mod" your car with either tool.

• Ross-Tech will make best efforts to fix any errors (bugs) and will enhance the program, but Ross-Tech specifically disclaims any liability for damage to the customer’s computer or car.

•    By using the Services, you confirm your awareness and understanding that you may affect electronic and technical systems of a vehicle by using the functions of Application. All the responsibility and risk of any effects on functioning of a vehicle resulting from the use of hardware and software of Voltas IT, including, but not limited to the effects on functioning of safety systems, rest exclusively with you.

Huh, so for you there is no difference in responsibility between enabling you to do mods BY YOURSELF and that the mods are done BY THE APP with just a click of a button?

Interesting...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtl said:

Huh, so for you there is no difference in responsibility between enabling you to do mods BY YOURSELF and that the mods are done BY THE APP with just a click of a button?

Interesting...

You make the decision to push the button(s) either method with no liability or comeback for the product/software/app provider. The responsibility lies always with you, the user.

Voltas or Rosstech for that matter wont really care if things go wrong, beyond some limited customer support that may or may not help. On the other hand, the information they get from you (at no cost) should help them improve their product, whether they do or not is another matter.

Personally I wouldn't think of modding anything without really researching and understanding what I am doing, assessing the risks I am taking, and other consequences by whatever method. And looking for heaps of evidence it works and even then vetting the quality and quantity of evidence.

I do agree I have grave concerns about the one click mods that OBDeleven tout and I would rather go the long coding route.

But as my car warranty would be voided, its no mods for me.

With rooting phones, I only attempted it if I could afford to throw them away if they got bricked. I've bricked a couple in my time. Couldn't afford to do that with my car though and wont risk it.

If you have a gripe with OBDeleven, then express it in the review feedback of the Google Playstore, so that others clearly understand the risks involved.

Edited by xman
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, xman said:

Personally I wouldn't think of modding anything without really researching and understanding what I am doing, assessing the risks I am taking, and other consequences by whatever method. And looking for heaps of evidence it works and even then vetting the quality and quantity of evidence.

I do agree I have grave concerns about the quick shortcut "Apps" that OBDeleven tout and I would rather go the long coding route.

This is IMO where part of the problem lies, someone who pays a few hundred £ is more likely to research than someone who has bought a dongle for £20.

The apps do appear to be far more trouble than they are worth. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

This is IMO where part of the problem lies, someone who pays a few hundred £ is more likely to research than someone who has bought a dongle for £20.

The apps do appear to be far more trouble than they are worth. 

Although there is probably some truth in that, it is most definitely the individual's responsibility for his actions whichever tool he uses. Adopting a "cheap and easy" attitude on this subject without knowledge could have unpleasant consequences but saying it is the product's fault that is not as expensive as it should in order to motivate users for investigating more doesn't make sense and is unfair for the rest of the users that profit from it in a safe way.

My seriousness and responsibility when messing with my car in any way, software or mechanical is the  same regardless if I have paid 1000eur or I do the work for free in my garage.

On that thinking: if a friend lends you his VCDS cable for free to try stuff, would your just try whatever adaptations because you didn't pay for it? And would you blame your friend for not charging you in order to feel the responsibility if something went wrong? We all know the answer.

Bottom-line for me is just leave the apps alone (unless confirmed by trusted users on the exact model and production phase) and you are as fine as you are with a VCDS cable. No need for scaremongering (not from you Gizmo)

My view is that VCDS and other "non-official" tools like it are as risky as ODB11. Further more, I completely find their pricing overkill. For something as simple diagnostic "hack" that attempts to do things the same way as original (official) manufacture software is just unacceptable. I bought ODB11 and even that felt bit expensive... All it does is read/write to existing computer via APP. Its not an computer, nor special technology that would do magic. Its an access to existing features/coding/software/firmware.

Yes it takes time to do something like that, but that doesn't mean its worth 70-80€ per device/app... Specially VCDS which costs whopping 200$-1300$... Crazy people... One day VW will simply say ENOUGH and disable all third-party software access for adaptations, coding, testing etc... as Developer I can tell you this isn't really hard to do. The only reason they didn't do it yet, probably, is that their official tools would possibly require replacement/heavy changes which would result into hundreds if not thousands replacements of devices/car firmwares (lets not forget that firmware upgrades after purchase only come for cars with "issues")... Not cheap thing to do.

New VW platforms will have OTA upgrades which may change all this. 

• Like 2

After this interesting debate, here is an update of some modifications that are now different on a MY19  compared to the older ones described on the Tried & Tested thread or even in this one earlier, so if you have a newer car you'll want to follow these instead:

(All changes done via OBDEleven and information sourced via OBDEleven forums)

Acoustic confirmation when locking/unlocking for MY19 2nd phase cars (after 2018/11):  

Old Instructions: 

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

Go to:

IDE02269-ENG122188-Acknowledgement signals-Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung

Change to active

Trying that, provided a new option in the menu but no sound neither or locking or unlocking. Then elsewhere someone stated that on top of the above these two options under the same Adaptation need to be also changed to Active:

Akustische rueckmeldung entriegeln selects " On " - Sound on opening, double beep . 
Akustische rueckmeldung verriegeln selects " On " - Sound when closing, a single beep. 

Unfortunately that did not result in getting any sound either so doing some more search I finally came across the complete set of instructions needed:

New instructions for MY19 (tested on a 2nd phase MY19 (built after 2018/11)

09 Central Electrics
Adaptation
Security access: 31347

Name: Acknowledgement signals
    Values: 
        Akustische Rueckmeldung Signalhorn: 
            Old value: not active
            New value: active
        Akustische Rueckmeldung global: 
       Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln:   <<< Select this if you want the sound when locking
        Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegeln: <<< Select this if you want the sound when unlocking
       Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung: 
        Dauer der Akustischen Rueckmeldung vom Einfachhorn:    <<< This is optional - Select "Normal" for standard horn OR "Kurz" for a more discreet short sound, I went with the second.
            Old value: normal
            New value: kurz

Only after all of the above my car started beeping as expected.

Edited by newbie69
  • Like 1

Activating built-in alarm for MY19 2nd phase cars (after 2018/11)

This is not identical to the factory fitted option which includes motion and inclination sensors but it does work if someone tries to open the driver's door from the inside while car is locked (presumably after smashing a window..,)  so still better than nothing. The car will start flashing its hazard lights and honk loud in this case.

There are instructions in a previous message from the 21st of January about activating it on a MY18 which only needed 2 options changed, but for my MY19 the steps were more complicated:

09 Central Electrics

Security access: 31347

Long coding:
Go to Byte 12
Bit 0: Set to Active (value: 1)

Then continue with

Adaptation
    Name: Anti-theft device
    Values: 
        DWA Alarmverzoegerung: 
            New value: driver door contact thatcham
        Ueberwachung Innenentriegelungshebel: 
        DWA Camper Modus: 
        Akustischer Alarm Signalhorn: 
        Diebstahlwarnanlage: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

(clarification on) activating DRLS & Fogs as Coming home lights for MY19 2nd phase cars (after 2018/11)

The old instructions from Gizmo's thread are more or less what you need, just two things to mention:

First have a look at the complete set of instructions here:

So regarding the first part:

Comfort Lighting Coming Home Lights

Enter New Value: fog light

(Außenlicht_uebergreifend (frücomfort lighting)
Outdoor light_crossing (formerly comfort lighting)
Coming home lighting
Enter new value fog (Nebellicht) light

This basically is only one change now:

09 Central Electrics
Adaptation: Aussenlicht uebergreifend
Coming home Leuchten

Change from "Low beam" to "Fog light"

And you WILL need to follow the second part of the instructions for Leuchte6 and Leuchte7 adaptations for it to work.

Edited by newbie69
  • Thanks 1

On 02/03/2019 at 18:53, newbie69 said:

This is so silly but so funny at the same time. Played around with the RGB values this afternoon and modified Red and Green in particular to only be 255 in their respective channel as the stock Red and Green included a bit of the other two colours as well, they are now proper vivid Red and Green (especially the Green is a big improvement, stock was a sorry sight). Tried the same with 100% Blue but it almost became dazzling so added a bit of Green back. I can now see the logic of "diluting" the standard colours with a bit of the other two, takes away some of the vividness but they are easier on the eye for some people.

One colour which I just couldn't manage is Yellow. According to RGB values it should be 255/255/0 but when I tried that it gave more like a faded tone closer to pale orange, just as bad as the stock one. Reduced the red to 120 and it looks better but still nothing like proper yellow. Anything we can do about it? Would like to set the basic colours as close as possible to reality.

Also, If you do change a colour completely, how do you change the colour of its label in the selection pane? Possible? Otherwise I'll just stick to modifying the colours I don't use, rather than changing them to something else.

I managed to change the colour of label too (OBDeleven):

Security Access 31347

Adaptations

--> Ambience_lightning_color_list_lin 

--> Ambience fahrbelist

The second one changes the colour of the label

Schermata 2019-04-06 alle 06.11.52.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roscio said:

I managed to change the colour of label too (OBDeleven):

Security Access 31347

Adaptations

--> Ambience_lightning_color_list_lin 

--> Ambience fahrbelist

The second one changes the colour of the label

Schermata 2019-04-06 alle 06.11.52.png

giphy.gif

You're a hero!

Next thing I'd be curious to find out is whether we can enable more colours (Golf 7.5R can go up to 30 I think via a mod?) 

On 06/04/2019 at 10:27, newbie69 said:

Next thing I'd be curious to find out is whether we can enable more colours (Golf 7.5R can go up to 30 I think via a mod?)

i'm interested too. i saw this option (30 colors mod) only once in the list of obdeleven apps, but didn't see it anymore.

Asked to obdeleven support, this is what they said: "the one-click application was removed to the reason that it had some difficulties and need to be checked. Unfortunately, I do not have the estimated time when the application will be added again."

Now i want to disable cornering lights but i'm not able to find this setting anywhere...

1 hour ago, Roscio said:

i'm interested too. i saw this option (30 colors mod) only once in the list of obdeleven apps, but didn't see it anymore.

Asked to obdeleven support, this is what they said: "the one-click application was removed to the reason that it had some difficulties and need to be checked. Unfortunately, I do not have the estimated time when the application will be added again."

Now i want to disable cornering lights but i'm not able to find this setting anywhere...

There are two other adaptations that seem to be the ones (colour_list_lin2 and colour_list_2 show numbers from No.11 to No.30) but I couldn't get them to work.

Also, back to your previous post, I tried yesterday to customize the labels and failed miserably. Modified some RGB values under Farbliste but not only the label colour didn't change, the colours themselves also stopped being modified according to the RGB values entered for colours  and even one turned to Red.   I remember colours were turning to Red when values under Farbliste were randomly changed, another member here had this issue when he mixed the adaptation by trying to set custom colours while he was by mistake modifying the Farbliste values. Got it as before in the end after reverting all changes and doing a reset and restart.

So any special instructions as to how to get the labels to show the exact colour you've assigned to them? Do you need to copy the exact same RGB set to both the LIN and LIST adaptations? Is there a particular sequence or some post-modifying action needed? Like resetting Background Lights or turning off/on in order for the changes to be correctly applied?

Edited by newbie69

15 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

So any special instructions as to how to get the labels to show the exact colour you've assigned to them? Do you need to copy the exact same RGB set to both the LIN and LIST adaptations? Is there a particular sequence or some post-modifying action needed? Like resetting Background Lights or turning off/on in order for the changes to be correctly applied?

i applyed the same rgb colour to both "ambience farbeliste" and "Ambience_lightning_color_list_lin". First attempt didn't work, so i changed again rgb values and once finished i closed the car and reopened. Once reopened it worked.
But double check the values you enter because i'm almost sure that those codes you digit are not registered properly. Not meaning that you enter wrong codes but i think there is something like a bug that doesn't allow save correctly.
I had to double check every time and almost 50% of rgb values were wrong after i saved.
This worked on mine so it should work on yours too  (my 272 l&k has been built in 8th week 2019)

1 minute ago, Roscio said:

i applyed the same rgb colour to both "ambience farbeliste" and "Ambience_lightning_color_list_lin". First attempt didn't work, so i changed again rgb values and once finished i closed the car and reopened. Once reopened it worked.
But double check the values you enter because i'm almost sure that those codes you digit are not registered properly. Not meaning that you enter wrong codes but i think there is something like a bug that doesn't allow save correctly.
I had to double check every time and almost 50% of rgb values were wrong after i saved.
This worked on mine so it should work on yours too  (my 272 l&k has been built in 8th week 2019)

Thanks. This confirms that this adaptation acts a bit weird. Changing the RGB values of colours works immediately and you can see the effect right away, but modifying Farbliste you can't be sure what's going on untill you restart I think.

Maybe that is why the other two channels (from No.11 to 30) didn't seem to have an effect either. Maybe you just need to fill them, save and restart before any change takes effect. I will do some more testing...

2 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

Maybe that is why the other two channels (from No.11 to 30) didn't seem to have an effect either. Maybe you just need to fill them, save and restart before any change takes effect. I will do some more testing...

I didn't try, let me know if it works! :thumbup:

Ok, I believe I have cracked how the whole system works and why it seems to go wrong at times and also why there are inconsistencies with some colours (my first ever very own adaptation discovery - inspiration from @Roscio after he managed to modify the colour labels even though we thought it wasn't possible) so here follows the:

Ambient Lighting ULTIMATE guide

- There are 10 different colours assigned to Ambient Lighting from factory which can be tweaked as little or as much as you like

- There are 20 extra slots to be assigned at will taking the total to 30 available colours if you so desire

- The stock colour slots, no.1-10 are controlled by two different adaptations: "Ambience_lightning_color_list_lin" controlling the RGB values of the interior LEDs and "Ambientelicht Farbliste" controlling the RGB values of the colour labels on the infotainment screen. Similarly, to unlock the extra 20 colours (or as little of them as you like) use: "Ambience_lightning_color_list_lin_2"  (RGB values for LEDs no.11-30) and "Ambience_lightning_color_list_2" (RGB values for the colour's labels).

These two (LED and label) can have different values for each colour ie. it's not necessary to give a colour and its respective label the exact same RGB values for it to work. Of-course it's good to give as representing a value set as possible in order to know what colour you're picking, but below is why you can't just copy/paste the RGB values for both in some occasions:

Well, it seems that the green LED of the system is significantly weak/dim. You can confirm this by entering 0/255/0 for any colour, this should result in a bright green but it will in fact be a much darker one. As if you had given 0/155/0 or lower. Roughly, the Green's value is 100-125 units down from where it should be. This means that to get as close as possible to a colour when following its official RGB values you have to add 100-125 units on green. And on colours where the Green is already at 150 or above this is not possible. This problem does not show up on colours which are made primarily of Red and Blue or where their ratio compared to Green is rather large. Red, orange, Blue, Purple, Pink etc. will be pretty accurate. Finding correct green, yellow and white tones is a PITA.

On the other hand, the colour labels being drawn on the infotainment (which is a proper LCD screen - not just 3 LEDs) are very accurate so using official RGB values from tables to that, will result in exactly the colour you had in mind.

So now you know how to modify the first 10 colours or add as many as you like (up to 30), why some colours are not appearing right when entering the official RGB values and how to try and correct them.

Standard procedure and Quirks:

- Enter module 09 Central Electronics and give security code 31347 as usual for this module.

- Modifying a LED colour via the LIN and LIN 2 adaptations is being applied instantly and you can already be in the Background Lighting menu and simply switch to the colour you've just modified and see how it looks ( I prefer to not already have selected the exact same colour I'm modifying but maybe that works too - can't remember right now)

- However, modifying a label's colour will never update in real time and even worse it will result in some sort of "lockdown": The number which has been modified will turn Red no matter what values you've given and all other changes even to LED colours will have no effect from that point on. To solve this you need to turn off, lock the car, unlock the car, turn on ignition again and voila, all the new or different colour labels will show up fine! Just turning ignition off and on didn't do it for me. Doing a full turn off as above worked every time.

I suggest you group all label modifications so that you minimize the amount of restarts. After all, their tones are accurate and you know what you'll get. Once you modify or add as many labels as you like, restart and enter the ... ... LIN and ... ...LIN 2 adaptations to enter the LED's  RGB values. Those that contain lots of Green won't be similar to the label but for those you can play around in real time without needing to turn off.

My current 14 colours (will add more but battery showed 67% at that point after 20min of modding with OBDEleven and decided to call it a day):

IMG_20190408_225918.thumb.jpg.570473c0a3529d5b70ad660ff25ede75.jpg

Edited by newbie69
  • Thanks 3