VCDS options on Superb III

I'm sorry, but I don't get what you intend to do with a Lane Assist system which would not "Adaptative" anymore... 🤔

Maybe I missed something.

Speaking of lane assist...

I was wondering if it possible to enable it if my car has traffic sign recognition but not lane assist? There is a comment describes how to do the opposite. I assume, if the traffic signs are recognisable by the car, lane assist should be possible as well.

I found this video on youtube:

The steps taken in the video summarized:

17 Instruments
  07 Coding
    Byte  4, Bit 6 - Lane Assist > true
    Byte 11, Bit 1 - Lane retention assistant: BAP distance > true
A5 Driver Assistance
  07 Coding
    Byte 16, Bit 7 - HC > true
  16 Security Access - 20103
  10 Adaptation
    IDE10873-BAP personalization > not activated
    IDE10872-Warning intensity: lane depart warning > medium
5F Information Electr (?)
  10 Adaptation
    ENG122229-ENG11740-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2_LDW_HCA_0X19 > activated
    ENG122227-ENG117506-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning > activated
    ENG122227-ENG117508-Car-Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning_over_threshold_high > activated
44 Steering Assistance
  16 Security Access - 19249
  07 Coding
    Byte  3, Bit 0 - Lane assist > true

Using OBD11 I can see that the 5F controller is called multimedia in my car, but in the video it is called Information Electr. This doesn't seem right. The video is 2 years old though, maybe an older firmware?

Any thoughts on this? 

9 hours ago, Bap33 said:

I'm sorry, but I don't get what you intend to do with a Lane Assist system which would not "Adaptative" anymore... 🤔

Maybe I missed something.

@Bap33 No worries. I will try to explain more precisely. There are different kind of Lane Assist beginning on most basic one which just warns driver about getting edge of lane with acoustic/visual sign. Another is one which warns but also can intervene once get edge (car just bounces from edge to edge) and then the one more advance which is called Adaptive it warns/intervenes but has also ability to keep car in the middle of lane what is called Adaptive lane guidance (if active, one can feels constantly small movements of steering wheel). BTW you was right in other thread this is not autonomous system and driver should always keep hand on steering wheel.

To last I refer to. There is option in driver assistance settings menu to switch on/off Adaptive lane guidance. There are situation I don't like it and I found above mentioned coding to get 'fast' access to disable/enable option. However it's not clear to me what should I expect after coding and I would like to be sure before make any changes. Hope this make case clear.

image.png.47caff0ab56c5ed7a1706b551451726f.png image.png.67f505060191f03c613eaef6b77a1c65.png

8 hours ago, enisz said:

Speaking of lane assist...

I was wondering if it possible to enable it if my car has traffic sign recognition but not lane assist? There is a comment describes how to do the opposite. I assume, if the traffic signs are recognisable by the car, lane assist should be possible as well.

I found this video on youtube:

The steps taken in the video summarized:

17 Instruments
  07 Coding
    Byte  4, Bit 6 - Lane Assist > true
    Byte 11, Bit 1 - Lane retention assistant: BAP distance > true
A5 Driver Assistance
  07 Coding
    Byte 16, Bit 7 - HC > true
  16 Security Access - 20103
  10 Adaptation
    IDE10873-BAP personalization > not activated
    IDE10872-Warning intensity: lane depart warning > medium
5F Information Electr (?)
  10 Adaptation
    ENG122229-ENG11740-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2_LDW_HCA_0X19 > activated
    ENG122227-ENG117506-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning > activated
    ENG122227-ENG117508-Car-Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning_over_threshold_high > activated
44 Steering Assistance
  16 Security Access - 19249
  07 Coding
    Byte  3, Bit 0 - Lane assist > true

Using OBD11 I can see that the 5F controller is called multimedia in my car, but in the video it is called Information Electr. This doesn't seem right. The video is 2 years old though, maybe an older firmware?

Any thoughts on this? 

@enisz first of all you need hardware so if your car has A5 camera (triangle slot in the top middle part of windscreen) there should be chance but watch out there are some differences between FL and preFL models and also there are different variants of A5 so coding should chosen accordingly. If you use OBD11 you can also check One Click App option (cost 100 credits about 17€ on official web page).

As for naming, I believe ID of control unit is the most important, here 5F is 5F remember this video shows VCDS and you refer to OBD11 similar CU 17 can be called Instruments or Dashboard. Moreover it's not always like this e.g. in my car Park/Steer Assist is CU 76 and on video you can find it as CU 10 so depend on model and soft you are using.