VCDS options on Superb III

I was opposed to the notion of start-stop too, even though I'd never driven a vehicle that had it fitted.

That was until I was given a new diesel Fabia as a courtesy car for a couple of days. It was manual (I hadn't used one of those for the last six years) and it had start-stop.

My first reactions were "****, my driving's crap, I keep stalling!", but I quickly got used to the motor cutting out.

Restart was smooth and instantaneous with no delay in pulling away.

In just a couple of days I lost any opposition I felt towards the system

If my Superb III responds in the same manner I'll have no qualms about keeping the start-stop enabled.

• Like 3

It's my view that sometimes we can get rather over concerned with after effects and other peoples opinions in the buying process. It's perfectly understandable with the costs involved. In effect, going with the 'in' colour or not buying options you want because they'll be worthless when selling (which I also don't get techno79). However, I'm also of the opinion you live once and if it's within your means then spec what you want. Sure, some descisions may be a mistake but we grow from our mistakes, not from a general consensus.

True, I spec a car the way I want it almost regardless of how much the options cost, if it doesn’t make it to my options list then there is a reason for it, be that I don’t like that option or will never use it.

• Like 2

(which seems to be supplied from the factory with the least capacity Skoda can get away with)

This was also for me quite a shock. On Octavia 2 1.9TDI MY2006 I think it was 72Ah battery and on Superb 2 1.9TDI MY2010 it was only 62Ah, and had to change it after only 4 years. Cost cutting, I guess. :peek:

As an aside I don't think I'd want to switch off my engine with my stereo on running an 800w 4 channel amp, 600w 4 channel amp and 600w mono amp :D

If there is big electrical need, start/stop system will not activate. :clap:

• Like 1

Thanks Gizmo all that info and on the other thread very informative.... I'm not 100% I like those extra LED strips anyway... I wonder how hard it would be to fit them at a later date ....

Probably just coding but I can live without, never going with many extras now as on trading in worthless!

But like gizmo said £100 not much (if you can not code it in!),I take the risk...

I have driven a SE L today and I can confirm that Xenon equipped cars without the Smart Light Assist DO NOT get the additional LED strips in the headlights, what you do get are solid gloss black plastic inserts with the mouldings strips, so if you want them to illuminate it will not be a coding option.

IMG_1073_zpsgpmr4r7h.jpg

• Like 2

Re options, make no mistake about it, in the trade you will get nothing for them.

Ever!

If the next model up in the range has the features you want, buy that one.

• Like 2

Re options, make no mistake about it, in the trade you will get nothing for them.

Ever!

If the next model up in the range has the features you want, buy that one.

Agree 100% - this was part of my decision to go L&K over SE L Exec - again prompted by helpful members here.

• Like 1

Agree 100% - this was part of my decision to go L&K over SE L Exec - again prompted by helpful members here.

Yeah, the L&K version does seem fantastic value for money. You get a lot of extras. Even if you spec up the SE L Exec to the L&K version, you'll be paying a lot more. Also on the vanity front, the L&K has a few badges and embossed L&K tags dotted around the car which I think looks really nice.

• Like 1

Yeah, the L&K version does seem fantastic value for money. You get a lot of extras. Even if you spec up the SE L Exec to the L&K version, you'll be paying a lot more. Also on the vanity front, the L&K has a few badges and embossed L&K tags dotted around the car which I think looks really nice.

One aspect I wish was included would be automatic video output to two screens in the rear of the front headrests. OR - the ability to playout video over the in car WiFI network to an ipad in the rear...

One aspect I wish was included would be automatic video output to two screens in the rear of the front headrests. OR - the ability to playout video over the in car WiFI network to an ipad in the rear...

Might not be possible via the integrated entertainment system but I'm sure you could find an app that would allow you to do this. Master app on a tablet/phone at the front which controls the video content on the rear screens.

Might not be possible via the integrated entertainment system but I'm sure you could find an app that would allow you to do this. Master app on a tablet/phone at the front which controls the video content on the rear screens.

I found a setting on the current columbus in my MKII which was to do with video out - so wonder if that might have been possible. Looks less likely now the units are separated into two. I like your idea for the playout system though - especially with room enough in the front bin under the armrest for a tablet.... thanks!

• Like 1

I found a setting on the current columbus in my MKII which was to do with video out - so wonder if that might have been possible. Looks less likely now the units are separated into two. I like your idea for the playout system though - especially with room enough in the front bin under the armrest for a tablet.... thanks!

No worries, if you do find such an app then do share. The beauty of that solution is that it's completely independent of the car (in case you have multiple cars or trade in your car).

Noticed at the weekend that the electric tailgate cannot be closed from the button inside the car AGAIN!!

FFS Škoda sort it out! Hopefully this will a quick coding change as it was on the MKII.

Noticed at the weekend that the electric tailgate cannot be closed from the button inside the car AGAIN!!

FFS Škoda sort it out!

I agree, this is crazy. Did closing with remote control work?

Hopefully this will a quick coding change as it was on the MKII.

Sadly it is not looking good :(. These are options for electric trunk in sedan version.

Activating and deactivating all development messages,not active 
Deactivate production mode,0 
Deactivation of tailgate,active 
(1)-Deactivation of tailgate while in trailer operation-Remote ctrl
(2)-Deactivation of tailgate while in trailer operation-Remote ctrl
(3)-Deactivation of tailgate while in trailer operation-Sensor for rear lid opening,active 
(4)-Deactivation of tailgate while in trailer operation-Rear lid lock button in luggage compartment,active 
(5)-Deactivation of tailgate while in trailer operation-Button for opening rear lid in luggage compartment,active 
(6)-Deactivation of tailgate while in trailer operation-Using button to close lock. mechanism in tailgate handle,active 
(7)-Deactivation of tailgate while in trailer operation-Release button in rear lid handle,active 
(8)-Deactivation of tailgate while in trailer operation-Using sensor to close tailgate,not active 
(9)-Deactivation of tailgate while in trailer operation-Using sensor to open tailgate,not active 
(10)-Deactivation of tailgate while in trailer operation-Closing with remote unl.button of tailgate when using a trailer,not active 
(11)-Deactivation of tailgate while in trailer operation-Opening with button for remote unlocking of tailgate,not active 
Dectivation of the luggage compartment cover,not active 
Detection area upper,10 
Luggage compartment cover
(1)-Luggage compartment cover
(2)-Luggage compartment cover
(1)-Luggage compartment cover
(2)-Luggage compartment cover
Minimum opening height of tailgate,600 
Offset for maximum programmable opening stop,20 
Offset for opening height after basic setting,0 
Opening height in production mode,60 %
(1)-Production mode-Checking the rear lid button,not active 
(2)-Production mode-Calibration,not active 
(3)-Production mode-Activation of rear lid with reduced speed,not active 
(4)-Production mode-Tone sensor,not active 
(5)-Production mode-Opening and closing rear lid,not active 
(6)-Production mode-Opening height in production mode,not active 
(7)-Production mode-Activation due to excessive pressure on rear lid,not active 
Program opening stop,2070 
(1)-Tailgate reverse path-Reverse path when closing,7 
(2)-Tailgate reverse path-Reverse path when opening,4 
(1)-Ausstattungen aktivieren-Temperature sensor 1,active 
(2)-Ausstattungen aktivieren-Clamping strip 4,not active 
(3)-Ausstattungen aktivieren-Clamping strip 3,not active 
(4)-Ausstattungen aktivieren-Clamping strip 2,not active 
(5)-Ausstattungen aktivieren-Clamping strip 1,not active 
(6)-Ausstattungen aktivieren-Tone sensor,active 
(7)-Ausstattungen aktivieren-Motor 2
(8)-Ausstattungen aktivieren-Engine 2,active 
(9)-Ausstattungen aktivieren-Closing Assist Motor,active 
(10)-Ausstattungen aktivieren-Temperature sensor 2,active 

I agree, this is crazy. Did closing with remote control work?

Sadly it is not looking good :(. These are options for electric trunk in sedan version.

TBH I didn’t try it with the remote 

The MKIII Octavia has the coding available:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299424-octavia-iii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/?p=3567364

Can you see if there is anything when you follow those instructions please

No, it uses different controller and I copy/pasted all the settings that can be adjusted in electric trunk unit.

Though this is for sedan version, maybe combi version will have the same controller as Octavia.

Or maybe there could be some adjustments also in coding :). Ticking boxes :).

All we can do is sit back and wait for new software releases by Ross-Tech then (15.7.1 is now out btw)

Sadly, I do not think new version will help. If the module does not have that setting... It is the same with Audi A4 B8 or VW Passat B7. Module does not support it, and that's it :(.

That would surprise me if there is indeed no coding option available.

It took a while for the coding to be cracked on the MKII Superb, that came from the factory without the option of closing it from the remote as well which at least the MKIII has got.

It will not be a big issue if it cannot be coded as it will in reality be rarely used (only when my son puts something in the boot when I am behind the wheel as he is not tall enough to reach the button on the tailgate)

• Like 1

Watch out, this is 'simply stupid'! I made the mistake of pressing the tailgate button in the centre console whilst messing around with the controls in a queue of traffic. Imagine my embarrassment when there is absolutely no way of closing the tailgate from inside the vehicle, not with the button or with the remote....so, you have to get out and close it...what a stupid idea, who would want to open the tailgate from inside and not close it again! please post some way of fixing these please someone!

• Like 1

Probably a safety reason for it not even being available. Think about it, if you are sat in the drivers seat, can you see the boot lip through the back seats? No, so if your boot is open and a passing kids (that you haven't noticed) decides to climb in as you start closing the boot, crunch, potential serious injury. Just playing devils advocate & the H&S monster!