VCDS options on Superb III

21 hours ago, Enriquez said:

It can be restricted on areas, where are unknown speed limits or there are no traffic signs recognized. Typically it is on parkings, private roads or small country roads. Thats my assumptions based on my experience.

+1

One my drive I get a similar message but the moment I drive onto the road it goes, the same at work as it’s down a dead end road.

On 17/08/2017 at 15:33, chrisoverson said:

Perhaps a silly question, but does making these modifications void your warranty at all or cause any issues if you're on PCP finance?   Will the dealer care or find out at all?  

On 17/08/2017 at 18:14, john999boy said:

The dealer will not care in the slightest. :thumbup:

+1

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 12:59, chrisoverson said:

Thanks.  I might be cheeky and ask.

So the TSR uses the same camera as the lane assist etc?   That's very interesting, wish I knew that!   So you could theoretically have lane assist, traffic jam assist and high beam assist just by paying the £85 for TSR?

Edit: Plus of course whatever the kind VCDS modder would like for their time :P

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 15:08, Gizmo said:

:thumbup:

How much would you charge to enable these Gizmo ? (+ anything else you feel may be useful at the time)

Quick question on TSR, I am only seeing one speed sign on both maxi dot and head unit and never seeing 2 at the same time ? is this also VCDS or should it do it automatically ?

4 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

It should show them automatically... when they are available, which is not all the time.

I only ask for ‘a drink’ for coding.

worth more than a drink my friend imo...... I will try and get down to Kent for a weekend before end of year, I did you for a static to hire in August for a week but £700 for a week in this summer we are having was a no go lol

should the hatch close of the remote?

Thanks Gizmo

17 hours ago, kezwald said:

worth more than a drink my friend imo...... I will try and get down to Kent for a weekend before end of year, I did you for a static to hire in August for a week but £700 for a week in this summer we are having was a no go lol

should the hatch close of the remote?

No worries just give me a shout.

Pretty sure the L&K closes from the remote (but personally I do not use it as such) not sure about the SE L.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Pretty sure the L&K closes from the remote (but personally I do not use it as such) not sure about the SE L.

My SEL boot (non-Kessy) doesn't close from the remote.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dg360 said:

Nor mine (MY18)

Can I be really dense... when you say MY18, do you mean manufactured year 2018?   If so... when does 17 stop and 18 start?  Is it the same as the financial year?   Thanks :).

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 09:44, rtj70 said:

I assume zei20t has worked out by now that the icon/button for the rear view camera and trailer is not trailer assist. It's a mode helping you reverse up to a trailer to hitch it up to the car. It's not what you get in say VW.

You'd hope the MQB platform meant it was possible but VW always keeps some technology for itself. Look at the active info display which is not yet available in Skoda or SEAT cars.

I don't mean the camera button, I mean the button for park pilot, the function that parks the car itself. when I press that with my trailer attached, I get the trailer assist wizard, but it completes straight away. I believe there is a missing message, or my camera is not the correct model.

• 3 weeks later...

so wat is the current/latest stance on enabling the "rain closing" feature?

from wat i can gather from various posts:-
- it is dependant on having a particular controller, and even then, is not available on certain builds.

- mention of it draining the car battery as it doesn't allow the car to "sleep"

- after enabling it, seems to be a hit or miss with regards to actually working.

i really loved, and relied on this feature with my MK2 Octavia RS. 
would like to have it with my Superb, if possible.

Edited by JR RS

1 minute ago, Mr Grump said:

Can the Traffic sign recognition be enabled on a car with high beam assist but no lane assist ?

I've previously had TSR enabled on a car that only had HBA and LA fitted from the factory, this was a Leon though

I would imagine it's the same for the Superb as all those features require the use of the A5 forward facing camera. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2015 at 07:19, mtl said:

I agree, this is crazy. Did closing with remote control work?

Boot closing by using the remote, now that's interesting.  I did not know this was possible.

Edited by eileen_david
posted on the wrong place

14 hours ago, JR RS said:

so wat is the current/latest stance on enabling the "rain closing" feature?

from wat i can gather from various posts:-
- it is dependant on having a particular controller, and even then, is not available on certain builds.

- mention of it draining the car battery as it doesn't allow the car to "sleep"

- after enabling it, seems to be a hit or miss with regards to actually working.

i really loved, and relied on this feature with my MK2 Octavia RS. 
would like to have it with my Superb, if possible.

It is possible just code everything and change the RLS for the one without a letter at the end

1 hour ago, widu13 said:

Is there a sticky somewhere for what can be added to bog standard spec cars? Mines an SE Tech.

This is for all superbs, so what works would depend on spec level.   For some reason activating lane assist is not on it though.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Antera said:

It is possible just code everything and change the RLS for the one without a letter at the end

Bugger...... I'll pass as it will involve a hardware change - I have the RLHS version:-

Rain Light Recognition Sensor:

Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 5Q0 955 547 B    HW: 5Q0 955 547 B  Labels: 5Q0-955-547.CLB

Component: RLHS  042 0105

Serial number: S4Y17M03D17H00M41S19

Coding: 00084D

On 18.9.2017 at 17:17, Mr Grump said:

Can the Traffic sign recognition be enabled on a car with high beam assist but no lane assist ?

Only with Dynamic HBA. With "low" HBA, you don't have controller A5.

Controller A5 is only in, if one of these three features is installed:

Dynamic light assist

Traffic sign recognition

Lane assist

1 hour ago, djduese said:

Only with Dynamic HBA. With "low" HBA, you don't have controller A5.

Controller A5 is only in, if one of these three features is installed:

Dynamic light assist

Traffic sign recognition

Lane assist

If you don't need the A5 thingy for "low" HBA, does that mean I could enable the basic high beam assist on my car using just the light sensor?   Or does it need to have a camera of some description? :)