vRSRobT's Octavia vRS CR170 update 08/07/2016 remapped

vRSRobT

Stage 1 on the CR170 will be around the 2-205bhp mark but still go like stink, especially with 460Nm :)

Edited by DarrellGB

Stage 1 on the CR170 will be around the 2-205bhp mark but still go like stink, especially with 460Nm :)

It was the figures given by the tuning company, only true test when i get rolling road  :)

Sorry for intruding but would you recommend Absolute Remaps?

I've a MK1 that may need some work in that area and finding a fairly reputable company to do it in Scotland doesn't seem the easiest.

That's a CR170? The same lump as my 2011 VRS CR?

Sorry - Just wanted to clarify as mine is a FL. It goes like **** of a spade with that remap...

Yes it is the same engine at the FL VRS :)

Sorry for intruding but would you recommend Absolute Remaps?

I've a MK1 that may need some work in that area and finding a fairly reputable company to do it in Scotland doesn't seem the easiest.

The the reviews they have been given from others, it seems like they are good, also they come to you to do the remap and pricing doesnt seem too bad.

I have also noticed my mpg going from 48 to 51 on a usual run i do (when im not flooring it)

The the reviews they have been given from others, it seems like they are good, also they come to you to do the remap and pricing doesnt seem too bad.

I have also noticed my mpg going from 48 to 51 on a usual run i do (when im not flooring it)

I'm in Perth so not sure they'd travel that far, but its no great problem going to them. Thanks for replying.

Just read all this, don't think I've ever seen a thread with so many cleaning pics lol

When the boredum kicks in what better to do than clean your car :)

Edited by vRSRobT

• 1 year later...
On 09/06/2016 at 23:02, vRSRobT said:

Finally got round to coating the new BBS CH alloys.  Used Gtechniq C5 to offer the protection im looking for

IMG_20160609_105236_zpspxal1x8y.jpg

20160609_102757_zpsipbhdi3u.jpg

Love classic BBS CH's

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Looking good!

I'm a fan of CH's too and have a set of Dare lookalikes on my E46 320i. Are yours genuine or Dares?

I think I would have some in silver if I were to change the wheels on the Mrs' pre-facelift VRS. I'm happy with my lookalikes though at half the price of BBS! If you've scored genuine BBS's second hand you've done well!

Kirkynut 

• Like 1