Phil's Fabia 1.8t Build Thread (ex 1.2 12v)

pip_vrs

All wiring not put into bay and plugs connected. Injectors and regulator put into fuel rail and connected to the car. Fuel lines and cooling pipe rerouted to suit new charge pipe.

Fitted front end and cut everything away that would get in the way of the intercooler. Didnt secure FMIC as want to weld the tabs onto crash bar to make it secure. Removed all the front end until my oil cooler pipework arrives as it makes it easier.

Fitted catch can to strut brace out of the way, but still useable.

Routed all my sensor wiring from bay through bulkhead and into dash. Fitted gauges to dash pod. Just requires loads of soldering and a switched live sourcing.

Ordered lots of pipes so waiting on them arriving for FMIC before the big startup.

37641082051_b8a15f2311_b.jpg

36929989094_39d0b9fb2b_b.jpg

37591510886_e140a96752_b.jpg

36969591323_d2f0bb5d22_b.jpg

37382142850_57eaa409cb_b.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, S27VEJ said:

Sweeeeeet.

I need to come out with you in this next time your at Blyton/Cadwell!

Yes mate, hope to do Blyton at least once a month once she's up and running properly.. that FWD record isn't too far away :D

• Like 1

Everything fitted and done 150 miles..

Have a mega oil leak, i've dropped sump and redone it but ive got a feeling its crank seals. Which is game over for Snetterton.

Refill with oil tomorrow and see how it goes. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

Resealing the sump failed, so in the morning I'm going to remove and refit without the baffle insert.

If that fails it is deffo the crank seals, which will not be done for Snetterton as it's either going for mapping Monday or no time.

So if it does work, I have sat evening and the drive the Burton to get 350 miles :D

• 2 weeks later...

Afyer the trackday at Snetterton i thought i better crack on as i really wanted to be out there.

dropped everything off today, replaced both crank seals. Made a new bracket for the turbo as a support.

refitted everything. Just need to refit engine..

38248551151_a7fd25ab9e_b.jpg

38216626012_d307e77ec5_b.jpg

38216625722_d67883e795_b.jpg

24377286828_df0c144c10_b.jpg

24377287528_2cbf23c316_b.jpg

Refit it all tomorrow and hope ive installed the seal correctly this time. 

• Like 4