Superb MKIII owners register

Surprises for me:

The boot nets are included! (Rats! I bought some in advance!) 

There is an emergency warning triangle

The multifunction box was included

I didn't order connectivity (MY17 spec) but it seems to be provided (MY18 spec) 

I DID order dealer-provided complete winter wheels but he forgot them :-) so will collect them late autumn

Surprises for me:

I DID order dealer-provided complete winter wheels but he forgot them :-) so will collect them late autumn

ANOTHER SURPRISE

The Skisack is also included. I didn't order this either. 

1 hour ago, SwissRob said:

Surprises for me:

Surprises for me:

ANOTHER SURPRISE

1 hour ago, SwissRob said:

Surprises for me:

Surprises for me:

ANOTHER SURPRISE

But did you get carpets

Hi @Jed69 - Yes very nice feeling black carpets.

Although the dealer claimed that he supplies his own and that none are supplied as standard, they appear to be Skoda or at least perfectly fitting with the Skoda-style press anchor points to keep them in place. 

On the driver's side it has the "SUPERB" logo in silver-grey. The passenger carpets are all black with no logo and black edging. 

I had bought a set of "luxury" carpets from SuperSkoda in black with black edge binding and SUPERB logo. The supplied ones seem to be identical as far as I can see. 

I don't know if the SuperSkoda ones have the logo on more than just the driver's carpet (still unopened). 

I will keep them to swap out - perhaps when I am cleaning the ones that are in the car now. 

I'll probably get rubber mats when winter is approaching to save the carpets. 

The originally supplied boot nets are all black and seem to be otherwise identical to the silvery ones that I had bought from SuperSkoda. Also these remain unopened. 

I am toying with the idea of reselling them (maybe to a work colleague - many of my colleagues have Octavias and there is one other Superb). 

All the best, Rob

MORE SURPRISES

There is no storage compartment under the front passenger seat which I thought was standard. 

The dealer explained this by saying that it's because the seat is electrically adjustable. 

Does anyone have electrically adjustable front passenger seat AND the storage compartment? 

The USER's HANDBOOK is apparently a pre- MY18 book (in German). Apparently I will receive a MY18 version when it is available. 

I have already downloaded the English language Quick Start Guide and the English language User's Handbook both as PDFs. 

The handbook (non-MY18 apparently) also describes a fire extinguisher under the front passenger seat fastened with two straps but none was supplied. 

Has anyone got this or heard of it? 

My beautiful E34 BMW 525i SEL had this option under the driver's seat, many moons ago.

Maybe I will buy one and fit it as described. I'll need to make/buy two straps too. I didn't yet look for the attachment points.  

There was no supplied First Aid kit in the right-hand boot compartment, although there is an attachment strap for one.

I had one anyway so have now put it there with my existing orange emergency vests and emergency blankets, additional boot nets. 

The Canton Subwoofer is in the left-hand boot compartment! 

There is no SIM-card slot in the glove-compartment media unit. I don't understand how the "YOY" option can be satisfied, then. Maybe via my mobile phone? 

I will keep updating on surprises as I come across them! First pictures (dark, grey day) coming in the next couple of hours...

I think the extinguisher goes in the box under the seat, which you haven't got as the seat is electric!

In the UK the extinguisher is not supplied and neither is the first aid kit. Penny pinching I reckon.

Edited by facet edge

10 minutes ago, facet edge said:

I think the extinguisher goes in the box under the seat, which you haven't got as the seat is electric!

In the UK the extinguisher is not supplied and neither is the first aid kit. Penny pinching I reckon.

The reason why the first aid kit, warning triangle and fire extinguisher are not supplied in the UK is there is no legal requirement to carry them here.

31 minutes ago, Prykey said:

The reason why the first aid kit, warning triangle and fire extinguisher are not supplied in the UK is there is no legal requirement to carry them here.

Yes, but it would have been nice to have them supplied, my warning triangle lives by the spare wheel as it's too big for the clips in the boot :sadsmile:

Edited by facet edge
Autocorrect!! Again

32 minutes ago, dg360 said:

MY18 Superb 2.0TSI 220ps DSG

Congratulations! That's a great choice! I bet you're a happy bunny! :happy: 

I have fallen in love with mine! I can't wait to drive her again! (Public transport commute to work :sadsmile:)

I wish you lots of enjoyment and driving pleasure!

5 hours ago, MartiniB said:

your looks few cm upper than my 2.0 TSI 220ps(fwd) DCC

Yes, DCC lowers the vehicle by a centimeter so the non-DCC Superbs are officially a centimeter higher. 

Look at mine - it has DCC.  SwissRob's 220PS with DCC

Hope this was useful,

Rob

Edited by SwissRob
correct typo

5 hours ago, SwissRob said:

Congratulations! That's a great choice! I bet you're a happy bunny! :happy: 

I have fallen in love with mine! I can't wait to drive her again! (Public transport commute to work :sadsmile:)

I wish you lots of enjoyment and driving pleasure!

Thanks SwissRob.  Just took the kids for a spin.  At 3 and 6, it's basically a spaceship with so much leg room that they can't even touch the seats in front in car seats, with their legs stretched out :)

I accidentally discovered that it has gesture control.  On paper - utter gimmick.  In reality, being able to dismissively wave a hand at rubbish radio stations is brilliant :)  Be gone Little Mix!  Away with you Bieber!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dg360 said:

I accidentally discovered that it has gesture control.  On paper - utter gimmick.  In reality, being able to dismissively wave a hand at rubbish radio stations is brilliant :)  Be gone Little Mix!  Away with you Bieber!

Hahahaha! :D Yes, my wife was over the moon about this feature being able to change radio stations with a few majestic gestures (well, she is "Queen of the Music").

It really is actually very useful and spares unnecessary greasy fingers on the glass! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Pacific blue, Estate 2.0 L diesel 150 technology, park assist, proximity (parking) sensors, 8" Amundsen HU with voice control, canton sound system, ACC, keyless entry, halogen front lights

• 2 weeks later...

Official part of the Superb Family:

Spec (in addition to Irish Spec Sportline)

- Moon White

- 190 Manual Hatch

- Dynamic Steering

- Vega 19's

- Amundsen 

- Traffic Sign Recognition

- Travel Assist

- Heated Rear Seats

- Spare Wheel

I'm now an official Superb owner; a 1.6 TDI Greenline SE Technology estate in Pacific Blue supplied by Lookers Manchester.

No mats or spare wheel/inflation kit (Lookers claim it has run flats- can anyone confirm this) and the boot dividers are there along with the brollies and ice scraper but no luggage net?

It should have super rowi seal tyres.

These are not run flat but have a sealant inside them to resist losing air when punctured. They can't have repair kit because it wouldn't work. That's not to say the tyre won't go down if it gets a big enough puncture. I would be inclined to have a spare wheel.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, facet edge said:

It should have super rowi seal tyres.

These are not run flat but have a sealant inside them to resist losing air when punctured. They can't have repair kit because it wouldn't work. That's not to say the tyre won't go down if it gets a big enough puncture. I would be inclined to have a spare wheel.

Cheers bud, agreed. Nice to see another local :-)

I reckon you should have a luggage net.  Mine came with it, but not the boot dividers.  The boot dividers are the right angle shaped things with velcro at the base right?    May be it's an either/or situation?

Congrats on the new car!

• Like 1