Superb MKIII owners register

Sif, are you sure you didn't get any?  They click into the side of the boot so don't really jump out unless you are looking for them.  Mine is an SEL so I'd expect an L&K to have them.  I got the cargo nets as well.  Is yours the combi or the saloon?

Hi dg360,  

Pretty sure, but now you've got me wanting to have another look!  

The car is a saloon.  When it was delivered I mentioned it to the chap.  He didn't know what I meant so I showed him pics of it.  Even the dealership wasn't aware of them when he called them, which surprised me.  I assumed at the time, the cargo net came in their place. 

Mine is a combi so perhaps it's that.  They are handy and hold well.  

I've never had a car with so many options to stop stuff getting thrown around in the boot.  Flip out hangers for shopping bags, cargo nets (3 of), and the dividers.  The wife looks at me bit strange when we load stuff up, but it's always where we left it.  Not like the bad old days, shopping all over the place.  Worst was a 5l oil container in a Seat I had years ago.  Came out of its bag and popped the flip top.  That car still smelled like oil when I sold it 2 years later!

29 minutes ago, dg360 said:

Mine is a combi so perhaps it's that.  They are handy and hold well.  

I've never had a car with so many options to stop stuff getting thrown around in the boot.  Flip out hangers for shopping bags, cargo nets (3 of), and the dividers.  The wife looks at me bit strange when we load stuff up, but it's always where we left it.  Not like the bad old days, shopping all over the place.  Worst was a 5l oil container in a Seat I had years ago.  Came out of its bag and popped the flip top.  That car still smelled like oil when I sold it 2 years later!

Blimey, the 5l oil  spill is upsetting  just reading about.  I am glad you got the dividers!

Moved from Diesel (2015 Golf ETD Estate) to Petrol 30 August 2017 .... originally after an Octavia VRS Estate but tried a Superb and was immediately smitten !!    Drove up to Marshalls Reading from down here in West Cornwall and picked up my 4600 mile Feb.2017 220ps Superb SE-L Exec. Estate in Business Grey , standard spec. with addition of a Tilt / Slide Pan. Roof.   Amazingly smooth and quiet 250 mile drive back - I just can't believe how well equipped this big estate car is .  I've owned and driven A few new (at time) Beemers , Audis and VW's over the years and have to say this Skoda is up there if not above the lot of them .

Z9cux3Yl.jpg

Edited by Boxerdog1
  • Like 4

I know what you mean, I bought a 2013 BMW 320d Touring from new and had 2 BMs before that.  I prefer the experience with the Superb. I had an E34 BMW and kept it for ages, I loved that car.  The Superb has a similar feeling for me like the ability make you feel more refreshed and satisfied at the end of a drive than when you set off but more equipment, practicality and it looks better to my eyes.

The 320d was not as refined an no way as well equipped.  It was more dynamic, but this made it tiresome having to restrain yourself as it never felt quite settled in town driving speed.  Surprisingly though, I found the Superb more fun in Sports mode and I prefer the steering generally.

I just hope my dealership/garage experience is better than with BMW.

Enjoy it!! :-)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sif said:

I had an E34 BMW and kept it for ages, I loved that car.  The Superb has a similar feeling for me

I echo that!  The Superb makes you feel special when you sit in it and you enjoy every second of driving without being tired by it. 

I also had a BMW E34 5-Series and loved it too and felt  the same about it as I do when driving the Superb. 

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sif said:

I know what you mean, I bought a 2013 BMW 320d Touring from new and had 2 BMs before that.  I prefer the experience with the Superb. I had an E34 BMW and kept it for ages, I loved that car.  The Superb has a similar feeling for me like the ability make you feel more refreshed and satisfied at the end of a drive than when you set off but more equipment, practicality and it looks better to my eyes.

The 320d was not as refined an no way as well equipped.  It was more dynamic, but this made it tiresome having to restrain yourself as it never felt quite settled in town driving speed.  Surprisingly though, I found the Superb more fun in Sports mode and I prefer the steering generally.

I just hope my dealership/garage experience is better than with BMW.

Enjoy it!! :-)

Nice to know I'm not letting my initial impressions overcome logic Sif ... I really do rate this Skoda highly and my recent Beemers include an F31 335D Msport with all the bells and whistles inc.adaptive suspension !!    The space in the Superb in both the back seat area and load area was what sold it to me initially as my Boxer Dog's new crate would not fit in a 3 series anyway and was the reason I bought the Golf Mk7 GTD Estate.   Then the Dieselgate scandal kicked in and despite the Golf being Euro6 the prices started dropping recently and I decided to 'go petrol' .  Looked at Golf R Estates .. great piece of kit but ( just my personal view) the two sets of twin exhausts on back looked like a Halfords 'add-on' !! . Then looked at latest Octavia VRS - they all seemed to have those (just my personal view again ) 'Carlos Fandgo' extreme 19" alloys and no adaptive cruise (yes I could have bought and spec'd new but against my wallets conscience) so I just happened to look at and sit in a Superb Estate ..... quick test drive and I was sold on it . Just had to find the right 'pre registered' model which was quickly discovered at Marshalls in Reading .  Great deal / great preparation , can't recommend them highly enough - oil service at 6 months /4000 miles pre sale and not a mark inside or out .  And there we are !!

My SE Tech greenline completely bog standard. It was delivered minging, but the bodywork has been cleaned and carlacked (complete and sealant). I don't "do" tyres!

IMG_20170910_135932 (1024x576).jpg

IMG_20170910_135951 (576x1024).jpg

IMG_20170910_140004 (1024x576).jpg

IMG_20170910_140019 (1024x576).jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tariq257 said:

Replaced my 2015 BMW 520 MSport Auto. 

Now there are several of us who have changed to Superbs after having BMWs! :-)

This would make a good story for Skoda! 

Less surprising now that BMW has now "snatched" the Superb's designer! 

I wonder how many people now have Superbs who once had BMWs (especially BMW 5's)... would be interesting to know!

Rob

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tariq257 said:

hi ...thought it was just one grey? all the L and K seem to be grey, black or white.  

I think it's 'Business Grey'  ... well it's same as my SE-L 220 estate which is Business Grey.   There is also a Quartz Grey which is much darker.  

12 minutes ago, tariq257 said:

thanks for that mate. would have preferred Red or the that dragon green. 

The Business Grey will have a better residual sale price and to be fair , it doesn't show the dirt that badly !! 

2.0l 150 SE Business Estate in Business Grey.

Options: 

Travel Assist with traffic sign recognition

Colour Maxi DOT trip computer

Wireless Charging with Bluetooth+ and WiFi

20170912_173216.jpg

Edited by Theo67
Added photo
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Theo67 said:

2.0l 150 SE Business Estate in Business Grey.

Options: 

Travel Assist with traffic sign recognition

Colour Maxi DOT trip computer

Wireless Charging with Bluetooth+ and WiFi

20170912_173216.jpg

Great choice - the colour IMHO really suits the car ... and what a car , I've had Beemers / Audis etc and this current Skoda Superb range really does live up to it's name !

2 Sept 2017 (12).JPG

• Like 2

Proud owner of new Superb, well now 3 weeks old ^^. This is also my first car ^^. I love it so much that I've already driven 3000km in my free time. Absolutely love it!
Got 2.0 TDI 190HP Style with:
- DCC
- Canton Sound
- Alarm
- Pegasus wheels 18inch (as seen on pics)
- DAB

- Heated Steering wheel
- Smart Light Assist and Lane assist
- Spare wheel

I was deciding between 2015 Audi A6 190HP automatic and this blue monster. I'm happy I decided for this one. Audi was a little better in build quality / sound proofing but the rest was worse by my standards (less space, less comfy at front (i'm big guy), less acceleration, worse sound (it didn't have BOSE to try, tho I'm sure BOSE would not be as bad as Canton) etc...). It didn't justify price of 40.000€ for used one. My only down sides at Superb are sound quality and thing like throttle response (I ordered ODB11 but not sure I'll try coding to Audi). Didn't find anything else so far. Simply loving it! I also got MY2018 which may be worth mentioning, some minor improvements.

DSCN0009-blurred.thumb.jpg.b891e7c29b52c0228c0ad0fe72f8be32.jpgDSCN0269-blurred.thumb.jpg.25305fe922df2cc4ea0b5cb91eb9d71c.jpgDSCN0271-blurred.thumb.jpg.b3b049514b93ae4a64587bf0399ecf7f.jpgDSCN0065.thumb.JPG.07f5de6ced70bd1429025e4d6aa3e13b.JPGDSCN0074.thumb.JPG.f7ddc5d754edf791f6d6a947db1fdb9b.JPG

Only have one small issue with dealer, but I believe it will be fixed soon (waiting for new Media screen):
DSCN0017.thumb.jpg.25bb9df2b4a16b09a1b025cae912b8e9.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JackySi said:

My only down sides at Superb are sound quality and thing like throttle response

Hi JackySi

I have fitted a PedalBox+ and am very happy with it! It has transformed the throttle response! Now very sensitive with instant feedback. 

I use it on the "City" setting with no adjustment (+ or -). 

Link to PedalBox+ for your car in English: 

https://www.pedalbox.com/en/skoda/superb-kombi-3v5-2015/2-0-tdi-190ps-140kw-1968ccm/pedalbox.html

I am surprised you don't like the Canton sound. Hi-Fi has been my hobby for 47 years (!) and I am very pleased with the sound. 

I put all my CDs (more than 800) on two SDHC cards and like the Canton's rendition of the sound a lot. It's music I know well, of course. 

Have you tried playing with the Canton's settings? I have left mine on Canton Equalizer. 

All the best, Rob

• Like 1