Superb MKIII owners register

Grrrrr.

Needless to say I'm not the happiest of little fluffy bunnies today.

Context: I was told that my Superb needed a new windscreen before I collected it, which would delay my collection as it also needed the gizmos re-calibrating. No problem says I.

My Issue: The windscreen has indeed been replaced, but based on the messages the car is giving me, I don;t think the second part of that job was completed in it's entirety. I don't recall seeing any errors while on the test drive.

Error: Dynamic Road Sign Display
Fault: Light Assist
Error: Cornering Light (AFS)
Lane Assist currently not available

The Adaptive Cruise also says it is unavailable but only on the Maxidot and not in the Vehicle information.

So now its going back in on Tuesday as that's the earliest they can get me a loaner. 

On the up side, I did a launch control and it made me go all tingly.

Sorry to hear that mate. There's also a thread on insurance re our clever windscreens you might want to read up on (I'm not clever enough to link directly to it). Does your dealer have the kit to d the calibration? It seems not all of them have. Make sure they get you a 280 as a loanerB). Not tried launch control on mine yet as I'm waiting for the brown trousers and car seat cover to be delivered first...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Sorry to hear that mate. There's also a thread on insurance re our clever windscreens you might want to read up on (I'm not clever enough to link directly to it). Does your dealer have the kit to d the calibration? It seems not all of them have. Make sure they get you a 280 as a loanerB). Not tried launch control on mine yet as I'm waiting for the brown trousers and car seat cover to be delivered first...

Yeah my existing insurer does, I'll have to see about my renewal though as I'd like to get this Steinbauer box connected up even it just to see how she fares.

This garage apparently have the necessary to do it so we'll have to see. Doubt it'll be a 280 loaner as it was a bit of a rush job getting me anything. The first they could get anything in was going to be the 9th (I overheard them talking on the phone) but they've had a whip around and obviously got something I can take. Apparently it should only be a few hours. 

2 hours ago, Sagalout said:

Look forward to a skoda citigo then :biggrin:

haha!

I've been informed that it'll be a highly specced Superb and that they are delivering it to me and bringing my car back once fixed. In reality it might not even move if I have nothing to do that day. If mine's not back by Wednesday night though the loaner is getting 600 miles on it when I go to work Thursday!

While taking a bit of a more detailed tour of the car today I could already see the early signs of spider web effect from people having cleaned the car with gravel and its only 4 months old. Its full detail and ceramic coat can't come soon enough.

Edited by DBT85
  • Like 1

Well my day long toy while mine was being fixed was the Sportline estate 280. Very nice, but so much missing that I've already gotten used to in just 300 odd miles with my own specced L&K. No power tailgate, no waggly foot to open it, no rear camera, no front beeps, no blind spot detection, no vented seats. Most I wouldn't have specced on a new car, but on my 4 month old one they are wonderful additions.

It did give me a chance to try out ACC though as well as a launch with the Steinbauer power box fitted (this was another execs demo car and they all seem to get them fitted). I'll have to have a look at just how rapidly it clocked 60. Needless to say. It went.

Now at last my precious has returned and all seems to be working as it should. It was indeed the calibration on the cameras behind the windscreen that hadn't been done properly.

Edited by DBT85
  • Like 1

Can i add my name to the list pls.

Estate SE L Exec 2.0 TFSI DSG 220 in Petrol Blue. 

Panoramic Roof

Tow Bar

DSG Paddles

Black Leather interior

Collected on 26/1 from Rainworth Skoda.  650 miles in and loving it. Will post some pics once i've given her a clean.

Looks an absolute beaut.

Then again, I would say that because it’s pretty much a dead ringer for what I’ve got on order.

How do you find ride comfort, engine noise & refinement etc?

Picked up my 2016 Superb 2.0 TDi 148bhp SE Business DSG yesterday with 12,075 mile recorded.

Touch screen prior to pickup had a software update to resolve the screen not responding when at freezing temperatures.

Sadly another fault found on the way home, the Maxi-Dot scroll wheel not responding well to select the icons. Calling Skoda in the morning. :(

5a80710e48407_2018-02-1017_18_31.thumb.jpg.cc9fcb6f5fe16ff329b32392e2b448b6.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/02/2018 at 19:18, MorrisOx said:

Looks an absolute beaut.

Then again, I would say that because it’s pretty much a dead ringer for what I’ve got on order.

How do you find ride comfort, engine noise & refinement etc?

If you meant me .

Ride comfort is great

Engine noise  is very good even at higher revs. 

Refinement is good apart from skoda  changing the spec slightly without telling anyone between  order and delivery. 

I do miss the economy of my 1.9tdi 130 mk 1 but the engine is still being run in and I knew I didn't want to gamble on another diesel at brand new.

You'll be very happy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, magictongue said:

If you meant me .

Ride comfort is great

Engine noise  is very good even at higher revs. 

Refinement is good apart from skoda  changing the spec slightly without telling anyone between  order and delivery. 

I do miss the economy of my 1.9tdi 130 mk 1 but the engine is still being run in and I knew I didn't want to gamble on another diesel at brand new.

You'll be very happy. 

Ta for those insights. What was the spec change you mention?

• 3 weeks later...

Sportline 280 Estate - Business Grey - Canton Sound - Front Sensors - Smart Light Assist with Lane Assist and Blind Spot Detection - Electric Boot - Temp. steel spare Wheel - Heated Washer nozzles - Heated Front Seats. 

Just picked up today a sportline 150 tdi dsg hatch.Heated front seats,windscreen,and nozzles, spare wheel,rear wiper,traffic sign recognition , auto dip headlights, Lazer white

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Good to see you got it Blowhard - enjoy. Weather better in Gloucester now? (all melted in central Bristol).

Yeh no snow left in Gloucester but it only just melting in Hereford 

lovely Drive can’t fault it,first time ever I have driven a skoda very impressed