Superb MKIII owners register

4 hours ago, SwissRob said:

Hi JackySi

I have fitted a PedalBox+ and am very happy with it! It has transformed the throttle response! Now very sensitive with instant feedback. 

I use it on the "City" setting with no adjustment (+ or -). 

Link to PedalBox+ for your car in English: 

https://www.pedalbox.com/en/skoda/superb-kombi-3v5-2015/2-0-tdi-190ps-140kw-1968ccm/pedalbox.html

I am surprised you don't like the Canton sound. Hi-Fi has been my hobby for 47 years (!) and I am very pleased with the sound. 

I put all my CDs (more than 800) on two SDHC cards and like the Canton's rendition of the sound a lot. It's music I know well, of course. 

Have you tried playing with the Canton's settings? I have left mine on Canton Equalizer. 

All the best, Rob

I was thinking about Pedal Box before, but I'm really not liking to adding some sort of chip that intercepts something before official product. To me it feels like those Chip tuning chips which I really disliked since they came to existence. There are no "technical" downsides for me, simply principle. But I would like to try doing it via VCDS (set response to Audi - Not sure that works on MY2018 tho) otherwise I'll just live with it. Its not that big of deal. I used to drive very fast so this is making me a little slower ^^. So what I'm trying to say it has its perks and its pros.

Wow that's very long time! I am currently having Heco Aleva GT set at home with Marantz Amplifier and the sound is really amazing. I have in Living room Infinity C336 with some awesome sub and amplifier as well and some how when I listen to these two setups the Canton sounds really "crap", well worse. The bass is good, low and sets really nice tone with the music but high and middle ranges are really poor. At least to my ears. As they say every one has different view on things and sound too ^^. I do get it that this is a car and that speakers upgrade ( +Equalizer ) cost 600€ here in Slovenia which isn't really that high for Hi-Fi. I paid for my home setup thousands of euros. But I still expected little more.
I was playing around with settings trying Canton, Rock, Classic and individual settings. So far I think best combo is manual bass +2 and mid range +1. I do however listen to SD Card MP3's which could also be the problem. I got to take some CD's and try that out ( I have few collections ^^ ).

I find the Canton sound system to be excellent. I listen to mainly bass-heavy music of the dance variety. Drum and bass, reggae, hip hop, weird electric, dub experimental etc.

Didn't take long to get it set right. I found the highs too high so that's cranked down to -6. The mids are up 4 and the bass up to +7. The Canton handles my music very well and the sound is awesome. Rich, clear, thumpy and no distortion. I like it a lot. 

So far played via media Bluetooth connection to my phone. It's a very good system. 

Edited by TGR

8 hours ago, JackySi said:

I do however listen to SD Card MP3's

Hi JackySi

I can't listen to MP3's - mostly I find the sound hard to listen to, or unnatural or both. 

Do try it with CD's. I ripped all my new CDs with EAC (Exact Audio Copy) and then converted them to FLAC (MediaMonkey), so you get the cover picture and metadata too. 

But it is personal taste at the end of the day. 

I wish you all the best with your search for better sound!

Rob

2 hours ago, SwissRob said:

Hi JackySi

I can't listen to MP3's - mostly I find the sound hard to listen to, or unnatural or both. 

Do try it with CD's. I ripped all my new CDs with EAC (Exact Audio Copy) and then converted them to FLAC (MediaMonkey), so you get the cover picture and metadata too. 

Rob

I generally listen to only FLAC at home too. But some how I thought because I have small SD Card that MP3 would do! I will try, thanks for that tip!

12 hours ago, SwissRob said:

Hi JackySi

Rob

My ears are not that tuned . I cant tell the difference with the bass cranked up.

Have you tried downloading and playing youtube videos? the non copyrighted ones of course . :-)

27 minutes ago, chrisoverson said:

Picked up my Superb on Thursday :).   Business Grey SE-L, 1.4 ACT DSG with Black Leather/Alcantara interior.   Will be putting some pics in the piccy thread when I get round to taking some decent ones!

Bet you are loving it a lot Chris - I've had the same model / colour with the 2litre tsi motor for just over 3 weeks now and just love driving it ... better in many respects than all of the Beemers I've previously owned !

• Like 1

Just now, Boxerdog1 said:

Bet you are loving it a lot Chris - I've had the same model / colour with the 2litre tsi motor for just over 3 weeks now and just love driving it ... better in many respects than all of the Beemers I've previously owned !

It's lovely indeed!  I have got a few bug bears though... I've just put up a thread about it :P.   I'm getting so used to the keyless and electric boot, I feel like a proper posh git! :P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chrisoverson said:

Picked up my Superb on Thursday :).   Business Grey SE-L, 1.4 ACT DSG with Black Leather/Alcantara interior.   Will be putting some pics in the piccy thread when I get round to taking some decent ones!

Same spec as mine :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rob - Skoda Superb 111 September 16 190 bhp dsg 4 x 4 petrol blue no reversing camera unfortunately because i tow a caravan but loads of other extras best one being ACC  - quoted nearly £800 to fit reverse camera - no thanks - only got smallish caravan but dont realize ive got it on the back sometimes - overall very pleased with car

mynewcar.png

Edited by Treborgonzo
add photo
  • Like 4

On 05/10/2017 at 19:14, facet edge said:

Don't keep posting petrol blue cars up! I really like that colour but overlooked it when I went for business grey.

Yes it is a great colour - I too have business grey which does have the added advantage of looking fairly clean when it's actually pretty grotty !!    My first ever Skoda after many other supposed 'quality German' badged motors and I have to admit , it's better than all of them across a whole range of parameters .    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boxerdog1 said:

it's better than all of them across a whole range of parameters .    

Yes I can relate to that! After every drive I have a smirk on my face and think, "That was quiet!" or "That was smooth!" or "That was economical!" or "That traffic jam was no stress!" or "That was faster than I expected!" or "Another clever feature I didn't expect!" and so-on. Very nice interior finish and exterior paintwork, too. Very refined, nice design. 

My 2.0 TSI 220PS will soon achieve over 1000 km on a fuel tank. Not bad for a 220 PS petrol car! Current total - about 2800 km. 

• Like 1

Hi guys, after my drive to work, here's the proof of my claim two posts earlier (pictures below)

My home is 40km away, but I will refuel on the way home soon after leaving work. Preferred fuel is Shell V-Power 100

Last time I refuelled, the pump said 71 litres! I thought the tank was only 66 litres?! Has anyone else has this experience? 

IMG_8796.thumb.JPG.4518eba1c2ee115ce9acf009407369fd.JPG

IMG_8797.thumb.JPG.d35c8dd89b9998ed6fbd0bd57aff23e4.JPG

@SwissRob

highest amount i have seen reported is 76l, personal highscore is 69

russian: https://www.drive2.ru/l/482538820865098054/

On 5/23/2017 at 10:18, MartiniB said:

few pictures about filled amount

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/431948-its-arrived/?do=findComment&comment=4864664

originally were posted there, but pics aren't correctly displayed after forum got new engine

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/408362-fuel-tank-capacity/?do=findComment&comment=4745642

@SwissRob The manual says 66 litre tank "including a 6 litre reserve". Maybe, that's a poor English translation and the six litre reserve is in addition to, meaning 72 litres? In any case, a 71 litre fill up is pretty hard core! 64 litres has been my nerve-fraying limit. I don't like to see the gauge touch the red.

7 minutes ago, freelunch said:

a 71 litre fill up is pretty hard core!

The fuel gauge (no photo, unfortunately) was showing zero. My experience of other cars led me to expect that there is still enough for at least 10km-20km when the needle is on zero.  

I took this photo of the pump because I thought maybe the petrol station had been playing with the accuracy to charge more but the inspection stamp (red disk with Swiss federal shield) was quite current (18th March) and tank filled 22nd September. 

I asked the woman (accusingly, I admit!) how come that the pump has delivered 5 litres more than my tank can hold (I had 66 litres in mind) but she looked at me blankly. 

13 minutes ago, freelunch said:

The manual says 66 litre tank "including a 6 litre reserve". Maybe, that's a poor English translation and the six litre reserve is in addition to, meaning 72 litres?

I think Jerry is probably right - 66 litres PLUS 6 litres. 

IMG_8527.thumb.JPG.a024464b4e933a77f6563f92df526f1a.JPG

@freelunch; @SwissRob

why not continue in tread(fuel tank capacity) i have posted above?

On 8/17/2016 at 10:17, MartiniB said:

looks like reserve(1/8 red) area not included into declared capacity ~66

post-139504-0-54698900-1471417953_thumb.png
[IMG=https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_08_2016/post-139504-0-54698900-1471417953.png][/IMG]
then full capacity is ~75 l

66 / 7 * 8 = 75,42857

Edited by MartiniB