Creak from the rear, sorted.

Just posting this incase anyone has the same creaking noise and can't figure out where it's from.

Had the noise for a few months and always thought it was coming from the passenger rear door.

Finally tracked it to the fitting where the drop down rear seat locks into place, not the button you press but the fitting that locks it into place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/29/2015 at 20:20, bignorm said:

Just posting this incase anyone has the same creaking noise and can't figure out where it's from.

Had the noise for a few months and always thought it was coming from the passenger rear door.

Finally tracked it to the fitting where the drop down rear seat locks into place, not the button you press but the fitting that locks it into place.

You're a life saver mate!

The creaking was driving me insane for just over 2months to the point I was considering selling my car!

I originally thought it was the rear passengers door too, took off the door card, padded it all and still creaked! 

I then fitted coilovers all around, new top mounts and link bars, still creaking! (I wanted to lower it anyway lol ha!)

Tried bouncing the car when stationary but wouldn't make any noise at all, only when coming on/off my drive, over speed bumps and uneven bit of road.

Then came across your post, so this afternoon got out some copper grease and greased up all the hinges, mechanisms ect at the rear (seats, doors, tailgate) and voila, creaking gone! 

Happy days :)

IMG_2858.JPG

IMG_2853.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Is this the sound you guys had? I've sprayed the door hinges and seat locks with silicon spray, and sprayd the bushes in the rear and still have the creak, happens going over curbs on uneven ground like most say.

(jacking car up)

Edited by Filipelol