The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread part 2

TeflonTom

I posted this in another thread, but will fire it in here to get this thread started. 

NSFW ish

During my last drive of 2014 I met these clowns who annoyed me. The woman driving the Audi who ran the red light about 3 seconds after it changed seeing a car in front already parking in the box junction , was fuming that I used the 1mm rule and sliced on through trying to deny my passage..... Car behind wanted to be just like me but she lunged forward and slammed on to block him. She used her horn at me then him at her and her at him. I just wasn't in the mood to be shafted out of being able to turn right for a second cycle of the lights tbh. 

• Like 4

What is it with you and that junction? :D

It's not just that one, but it's prolific and is only meters from the regional police barracks with CCTV coverage yet you can sit for 3 or 4 cycles of the lights at the line waiting because of retards like this. This was a 'not today mofo' moment. 

• Like 2

Just ordered a new dashcam (Mini 0805) to replace my still-intermittent Mobius. Will hopefully post some footage from it soon.

Should be a good upgrade from the Mobius. I am still running my first 2 Mobius and no dramas at all even in the condensation bomb Mk2 FL Octy a couple of dry cars and now my cold sauna Mk1 Octy (perhaps sorted this evening :o. What were your intermittent issues with the Mobius again? 

Soon as I can find a good quality 1080p 60fps camera thats priced properly I will start plotting my upgrade and make the 2 Mobius ones I have now side cameras :D 

Should be a good upgrade from the Mobius. I am still running my first 2 Mobius and no dramas at all even in the condensation bomb Mk2 FL Octy a couple of dry cars and now my cold sauna Mk1 Octy (perhaps sorted this evening :o. What were your intermittent issues with the Mobius again? 

Soon as I can find a good quality 1080p 60fps camera thats priced properly I will start plotting my upgrade and make the 2 Mobius ones I have now side cameras :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IPDDAME?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

That's my dash, hasn't failed me yet (although the suction did after about 4 months, bought a sticky mount instead but had to modify it to make it fit

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IPDDAME?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

That's my dash, hasn't failed me yet (although the suction did after about 4 months, bought a sticky mount instead but had to modify it to make it fit

I have suggested the G1W to loads of folk looking to get on the dashcam ladder without spending mega bucks. Does what it says on the tin and produces good quality 1080p 30fps footage. I have self adhesive mounts on the Mobius's and with all the condensation prob for the best lol (in Mobius terms self adhesive is ever so slightly more compact a fitment. My first dash cam was £49.99 I think and it's a world of a difference these days! 

Here is some 7 year old goodness from the wee beast. I had to retire the camera 5 seconds after I started the car leaving to move to Holland as it went on fire..... :D It was ejected from the car FAST! 

• Like 2

I have suggested the G1W to loads of folk looking to get on the dashcam ladder without spending mega bucks. Does what it says on the tin and produces good quality 1080p 30fps footage. I have self adhesive mounts on the Mobius's and with all the condensation prob for the best lol (in Mobius terms self adhesive is ever so slightly more compact a fitment. My first dash cam was £49.99 I think and it's a world of a difference these days! 

Here is some 7 year old goodness from the wee beast. I had to retire the camera 5 seconds after I started the car leaving to move to Holland as it went on fire..... :D It was ejected from the car FAST! 

That tune though :dance: :dance: :D

Hey don't mess with my taste in music! No one complained at the music in this vid back in May of the new Pound Stretcher sign, with close up!  

No, of course not, this is a car forum full of mostly men, they were all distracted!

No, of course not, this is a car forum full of mostly men, they were all distracted!

I thought more so because it's a Skoda forum and all us thrifty car shoppers would appreciate the Pound Stretchers thing.  :angel:

• Like 2

I thought more so because it's a Skoda forum and all us thrifty car shoppers would appreciate the Pound Stretchers thing.  :angel:

There's a pound stretcher in the video?

Edit - Just watched the video undestracted and I see the pound stretcher

• Like 1

My Mobius sometimes doesn't record. Sometimes it's the red and blue LEDs that keep flashing or the red and yellow LEDs stay on, and it doesn't record. Been slightly better since I've upgraded the firmware and formatted the memory card last week, but still intermittent.

My Mobius sometimes doesn't record. Sometimes it's the red and blue LEDs that keep flashing or the red and yellow LEDs stay on, and it doesn't record. Been slightly better since I've upgraded the firmware and formatted the memory card last week, but still intermittent.

That's a shame, there are memory card compatibility issues and recommendations for them, but I have not had any issues with my cards. What format is it set to record the video as out of interest? 

MOV I think. The default format that the mSetup program sets it to. What memory cards do you use in yours?

I have a 32gb UHS-I Class 10 and a Samsung 32gb Class 10. In the notes on FW updates there was mention about improved compatibility issues with certain cards. If you haven't tried other cards might be worth a shot, either way would be a good rear camera and put the new one up front. 

Doesn't know how wide his Nissan leaf is

oo had to add music as there's swearing on it

No harm in using the space to keep away from parked cars like that in case someone was to step out unseen, but it didn't get the impression that was their intention with the random braking etc. Perhaps it was low on electricity and was sticking close to sides in case it died :D 

• Like 2

No harm in using the space to keep away from parked cars like that in case someone was to step out unseen, but it didn't get the impression that was their intention with the random braking etc. Perhaps it was low on electricity and was sticking close to sides in case it died :D

he had pulled out of his drive no more than 5 mins before but he was that close to the transit van I expected he was going hit the van tbh and I was half a car width from the parked cars

Edited by wardy92

he had pulled out of his drive no more than 5 mins before but he was that close to the transit van I expected he was going hit the van tbh and I was half a car width from the parked cars

Steaming you think? Frozen windcreenr do those things suffer from steamed up windscreen and he didn't want to wait? 

probably was, well he came out of drive and went up hill and theres a blind corner just before the video starts and what makes it worse is when theres a car parked at top and there was when he went up he was on other side of road and they speed around that corner I have had many near misses from people speeding up the hill to the find a car half way across there side of road al have to find one in day light to show better