The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread part 2

TeflonTom

On 17/10/2017 at 11:03, KenONeill said:

@dan4291 - Like the Oliver's Mount footage. One question though; I thought it was one way at all times?

And ref the A66, are those roadworks posted "No access to $place"?

2 way for public. Its good that it’s open to the public when there’s no races. 

Going round a roundabout onto a dual carriageway, an Alfa Romeo decides not to even bother braking and flys straight onto the roundabout in front of me!

An Audi S5 decides to enter a roundabout as I'm coming towards them indicating right, then decides to be slow!

A personal mistake of mine. Overtaking some cyclists going into a right turn lane, when I see a BMW X6 indicating right to use the right turn lane. I didn't notice the BMW indicating before I overtook the cyclists.

A stupid kid decides to stand in the middle of the road as I'm coming towards them. I keep to my side of the road and prepare to stop if they don't move, but in the end they did. Absolute morons playing with scooters next to a busy main road! Hope I put the wind up them so they might think twice about doing it again!

• 1 month later...

Not a great lover of horn use but considering she didn't even even look, no choice really. Not sure if I have inserted this the best way. Still working out how to do this.

Nige

Edited by Ennine
Working out the best way to post

6 hours ago, Ennine said:

Not a great lover of horn use but considering she didn't even even look, no choice really. Not sure if I have inserted this the best way. Still working out how to do this.

Nige

In the Jazz driver's defence their view would've been blocked by the buildings and parked cars. Jazz driver probably should've crept forwards slowly while looking to their right, although it could be argued that you were going too fast.

• Like 1

Looks damn fast for the location seeing as it is 27 mph on the wrong side of the road, but then with that kind of street and parking people going that direction are on the wrong side of the road to get along it.

Edited by AwaoffSki

5 minutes ago, vrsTom said:

In the Jazz driver's defence their view would've been blocked by the buildings and parked cars. Jazz driver probably should've crept forwards slowly while looking to their right, although it could be argued that you were going too fast.

I would not consider 27 mph too fast and considering I was well into view when they continued on. If you look closely you should see that she was not looking at all in my direction. That is not a difficult junction to come out from and she should have been able to see me before I saw her and yet she continued out and her head was turned toward the passenger. She could clearly see the road was clear from oncoming traffic. Sorry, but in my book that is pure lack of observation.

Nige

• Like 1

Goes to show different peoples idea of too fast then.

Too fast to stop if needed, wet road limited view on children coming out between cars or the likes.

The view coming out of Hill St and looking down Academy St is not good with the cars.

People do drive quick to get out of Tain though.

Edited by AwaoffSki

LOL, there are a selection of your videos where 'hazard perception' is not your strong point or being able to slow or stop though.

In towns some dottery drivers might make mistakes or wrong judgements, a good safe driver might be able to react other than hitting the horn then being able to slow down after the lucky miss.

13 hours ago, Ennine said:

I would not consider 27 mph too fast and considering I was well into view when they continued on. If you look closely you should see that she was not looking at all in my direction. That is not a difficult junction to come out from and she should have been able to see me before I saw her and yet she continued out and her head was turned toward the passenger. She could clearly see the road was clear from oncoming traffic. Sorry, but in my book that is pure lack of observation.

Nige

I wasn't really having a go. I've probably done the same before and it's easy to be critical with the benefit of hindsight. People pull out in front of other people all the time and cause them to slow down.

If the silver van's door had opened I doubt you'd have been able to stop. Likewise if someone had appeared from the side road on the right or from between parked vehicles. With the parked vehicles there's much less room to swerve if something comes out in front of you, so going a bit slower than the speed limit (say 20 mph instead of 30) is not a bad idea. It's hardly going to make any difference to your journey time either.

Unlikely she'd be able to see you before you saw her. Her observation point when stopped at the junction is fixed and her view is obscured by parked vehicles and buildings. Your view is improving as you get nearer and you (hopefully) don't need to turn your head to see the Jazz as soon as it enters your view.

Chronological breakdown from Jazz driver's point of view:

0:03 - Nothing coming, I'll pull out (due to the buildings/cars she's unlikely to have been able to see you at this time point)

0:04 - Pulling out of junction. Looking in direction of travel. (Skoda driver can see Jazz)

(0:05 - Skoda driver is at the junction)

(0:06/0:07 - Skoda driver brakes)

0:07 - Completed manoeuvre pulling out of junction.

So 3-4 seconds for the Jazz to pull out and 2-3 seconds before you braked from when you could see the Jazz.

As I said before, the Jazz driver's observation could've been a bit better, but so could your anticipation.

I'm not sure it was worth you uploading the footage for what's only a common everyday error from the Jazz driver, which 'cost' you no more than 2 seconds on your journey and which you could've anticipated better and reacted quicker.

If you'd have crashed into the side or back of her it would've been your fault.

I've just got one of these dash cam doodahs & the 32GB SD card I bought 'Sandisk' is not good!!!! the image quality is rubbish & most of the files wont open. I'm sure I've read something since I bought mine that there are a lot of Sandisk copies being sold on Ebay (where I bought mine) , I need to find something else.

Oh that's fine. Didn't take it personally at all. The reason I posted it ? All is not quite as it seems. I'll let the dust settle a bit unless anyone can guess what's missing just after the vid ends.

Nige

Did it involve Jesus in a leather jacket? 

Vid stops just too early.  Could you put this music on yours?

Never changes, even driving sedately they drive out in front or walk out...

Edited by AwaoffSki

22 hours ago, Ennine said:

unless anyone can guess what's missing just after the vid ends.

does the red mist descend on the Jazz driver, and they shunt you up the rear, or overtake you whilst gesticulating ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Better than a slow driver being a Cage Fighter or Highland Games athlete taking Mum shopping is the Nuclear Police or Diplomatic Police in an unmarked car.

All possible north of inverness.

13 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

Better than a slow driver being a Cage Fighter or Highland Games athlete taking Mum shopping is the Nuclear Police or Diplomatic Police in an unmarked car.

All possible north of inverness.

Or 4 shinty players going to practice!

• Like 1

Two white van drivers not doing the stereotype any favours!

A white van flies out of a junction in front of me without stopping, slowing down or looking! Then has a close call with parked cars and a car coming the opposite way! Was closer than it appears on camera.

A white van uses a right-turn-only lane at a roundabout but decides to go straight on and cut me up in the process while I was avoiding an Audi A1 that had passed the stop line.

Your red car must be like a red rag to a bull.

Maybe get a car that looks less sporty next time that is a challenge to other drivers.

In the first vid the saying 'drive it like you stole it' sometimes applies when they steal a van..

• 1 month later...

Just been looking through here thought I'd post something that happened recently.

Driving along 50mph at night, come up to a bend and as i approach oncoming traffic I thought i could see a vehicle moving out onto my side so backed off a little just in case, then last minute realised it was still on my side and coming straight for me! Braked and tried moving to left as much as I dare whilst flashing my lights to try warn oncoming. Unfortunately as is the case with wide angle dashcams it seems further away than it was. 

Can't make it out on the video but I recognised at the time it was a Corsa D and not a very quick one by the looks of it, don't know why you try an overtake at night in a car with no power on a blind bend on the crest of a hill.

Edited by JWvrs25

• 1 month later...

Been away for a while guys but thought I'd pop in to share this gem:

As per the description he's been convicted finally! Idiot.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Phil-E said:

As per the description he's been convicted finally! Idiot.

:thumbup:

Best avoided - you never know what he might have or what point he had to prove.  Shoit for brains.

Gaz

Edited by V6TDI

On 03/12/2017 at 21:20, dan4291 said:

Two white van drivers not doing the stereotype any favours!

A white van flies out of a junction in front of me without stopping, slowing down or looking! Then has a close call with parked cars and a car coming the opposite way! Was closer than it appears on camera.

A white van uses a right-turn-only lane at a roundabout but decides to go straight on and cut me up in the process while I was avoiding an Audi A1 that had passed the stop line.

Very similar incident was what wrote my Octy off. Replace van with 6 series who came up from behind and cut in front like that only as he did took my front wing out.