Vrs 184 revo remap results

Did you manage to get it on the rollers?

I will at some point.

REVO quote 217-236ps and 345-380lbft and I reckon using Shell Nitro+ Diesel gives me closer to the top end of that. :)

Overtaking is a breeze even above 60mph and you have to be aware of the extra grunt off the line as it breaks traction quite easily in 1stand 2nd.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it turns out that I had version 1 of the revo re-map on!

I've been back and had version 2 put on and WHAT a difference!

Will hope to get it back on rollers soon and post results.

Well it turns out that I had version 1 of the revo re-map on!

I've been back and had version 2 put on and WHAT a difference!

Will hope to get it back on rollers soon and post results.

Looking forward for the results

Edited by Tim1631

Valid question, I'm sure Hurdy will be back to comment, I've followed some of his stuff and think the guy knows what he's talking about to be honest.

I've run my TSI mapped for the last 25k miles without a problem, I'm now on just over 42k miles and so far so good, no issues with the box. Mines pushing out over 368flbt and 330bhp with no other mods. It's also still able to achieve 40+mpg which is insane considering the power on tap.

Hops this helps.

330bhp, really, all that from a 2.0l engine and small turbo, no other upgrades just map, wow, that's incredible, so that means that this map is achieving over +100bhp over standard! Also FWD, must be a handful?

Depends on accuracy of the rollers.

Tels car was clocked at over 240hp stock and made something like 335hp after the map indicating a 95ish hp gain which is incredible and 100% plausible with a good high output map. Torque increases by about 100lb/ft too.

The debate is whether the baseline figure is actually right...Tel has done this to death but the rollers his car were tested on suggested his made 25 more ponies than stock out of the box....if that were not really the case then its more like just a shade over 300 (315ish) which is still ultra impressive.

To get a real figure would probably need to be tested across a few different "known-good" dynos and the average taken i guess.

Hi all

I've had my 2015 Skoda 184 VRS estate revo'd here are the results comment as you like!

Pre-map

Power 183.3 bhp at 3,872 rpm

Torque 256.9 lbft at 3,357 rpm

Post-map

Power 230.1 bhp at 4,545 rpm

Torque 320.4 lbft at 2,402 rpm

https://goo.gl/photos/JuMA2qJJmFKv44yHA

What engine code is fitted to the 184 vRS?

I assume it’s different to the 190 Superb (DDAA) as that is claimed to have 400 Nm as std (295 lbf) 

I’m looking for someone who can map the EU6 DDAA

What engine code is fitted to the 184 vRS?

I assume it’s different to the 190 Superb (DDAA) as that is claimed to have 400 Nm as std (295 lbf) 

I’m looking for someone who can map the EU6 DDAA

Try shark performance or drop them a email

• 1 month later...

Been looking into these remaps, favoring the revo atm but been sent this and wondered if anyone had dealings with them?

Hi , we have 2 products, CRTD2 Twin Channel tuning box, for this mode, one for DSG and the other for manual transmission. The gain/price details are the same but need to select right one. Both links are below.

Power would be boosted from 181 to 239 BHP.

Torque would be increased from 380 to 464 Nm.

As such, overall vehicle responsiveness would be greatly improved as well as acceleration and individual gear top speeds.

Our Single Channel version is £299.99, bringing you all the benefits mentioned above.

Our TWIN Channel version is £359.99, this version also remaps your Turbo, meaning Turbo comes in earlier and smoother improving initial acceleration in the gear. Our Cyber Monday price for Twin Channel is £323.99 and offer ends today.

DSG

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and_van_diesel_tuning_boxes/skoda/octavia/20_tdi_181_bhp__184_ps__135_kw__dsg/skoda_octavia_20_tdi_181_bhp_184_ps_135_kw_crtd2_twin_channel_diesel_tuning_box_chip_P6439.html

Manual;

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and_van_diesel_tuning_boxes/skoda/octavia/20_tdi_181bhp__184_ps__135_kw__manual/skoda_octavia_20_tdi_181_bhp_184_ps_135_kw_manual_crtd2_twin_channel_diesel_tuning_box_chip_P8142.html

The product is completely ECU safe and installed in just 10 minutes as well as being easily removable, returning your system entirely to factory standard.

We're so confident in our products that we have a 14 day money back guarantee as well as offering free installation and 'try before you buy' test drive from our premises in Chelmsford, Essex.

If you have any questions please just come back to me,

Regards,

TDI-Tuning

• Like 1

Been looking into these remaps, favoring the revo atm but been sent this and wondered if anyone had dealings with them?

Hi , we have 2 products, CRTD2 Twin Channel tuning box, for this mode, one for DSG and the other for manual transmission. The gain/price details are the same but need to select right one. Both links are below.

Power would be boosted from 181 to 239 BHP.

Torque would be increased from 380 to 464 Nm.

As such, overall vehicle responsiveness would be greatly improved as well as acceleration and individual gear top speeds.

Our Single Channel version is £299.99, bringing you all the benefits mentioned above.

Our TWIN Channel version is £359.99, this version also remaps your Turbo, meaning Turbo comes in earlier and smoother improving initial acceleration in the gear. Our Cyber Monday price for Twin Channel is £323.99 and offer ends today.

DSG

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and_van_diesel_tuning_boxes/skoda/octavia/20_tdi_181_bhp__184_ps__135_kw__dsg/skoda_octavia_20_tdi_181_bhp_184_ps_135_kw_crtd2_twin_channel_diesel_tuning_box_chip_P6439.html

Manual;

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and_van_diesel_tuning_boxes/skoda/octavia/20_tdi_181bhp__184_ps__135_kw__manual/skoda_octavia_20_tdi_181_bhp_184_ps_135_kw_manual_crtd2_twin_channel_diesel_tuning_box_chip_P8142.html

The product is completely ECU safe and installed in just 10 minutes as well as being easily removable, returning your system entirely to factory standard.

We're so confident in our products that we have a 14 day money back guarantee as well as offering free installation and 'try before you buy' test drive from our premises in Chelmsford, Essex.

If you have any questions please just come back to me,

Regards,

TDI-Tuning

They have been getting good reviews on the other VAG forums to be honest.

• 4 weeks later...

Well version 2 of my re-map has now been on for a while, car has now done just shy of 20K as to 11K when I had it mapped.

Just had it serviced and back on the rollers final figures below and just scrubbing in a full set of Continental sport contact 5's

Pre-map

Power 183.3 bhp at 3,872 rpm

Torque 256.9 lbft at 3,357 rpm

Post-map version 1

Power 230.1 bhp at 4,545 rpm

Torque 320.4 lbft at 2,402 rpm

Post-map version 2

Power 229.0 bhp at 4,440 rpm

Torque 339.9 lbft at 2,639 rpm

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I'm very much considering a Revo (v2, I guess) map for my O3 vRS TSI 2.0L. What are the real risks with the stage 1 revo map? The guy who offers it here has told me the ECU will tweak the map itself according to the fuel quality used. Is this true?

Will it void my warranty? How likely is it the dealer will check the TD1 flag to see if it's been modified? How likely is my turbo to fail prematurely with 19-20 PSI? 

Edited by mabnz

4 hours ago, mabnz said:

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I'm very much considering a Revo (v2, I guess) map for my O3 vRS TSI 2.0L. What are the real risks with the stage 1 revo map? The guy who offers it here has told me the ECU will tweak the map itself according to the fuel quality used. Is this true?

Will it void my warranty? How likely is it the dealer will check the TD1 flag to see if it's been modified? How likely is my turbo to fail prematurely with 19-20 PSI? 

I had Revo Stage 1 applied. There's always an element of risk, you put your trust in the development work the tuning company do.

The guy you're looking to use, is he a Revo authorised dealer? There are different maps based on octane rating, he should know that. If you want to get the most power, you'll want a high boost/high octane map which means you'll need to run SUL (that's the option I chose). The guy should also do a full health check before and after, checking for pinking should be part of the health check.

Will it void the warranty? Maybe, depends if you have a fault which is related to engine/drive train.

Will the dealer check for a TD1 flag? I'd guess they're likely to look for a TD1 flag, if they discover engine/drive train issues (unlikely if there's an issue with the radio).

How likely is your turbo to fail? There have been reports of turbos failing, but it's not common.

Tuning is always risky. If you're really worried about any of the above points, I'd suggest hold off tuning until your warranty has expired. I didn't, I like to live on the edge ;-)

4 hours ago, waaar said:

I had Revo Stage 1 applied. There's always an element of risk, you put your trust in the development work the tuning company do.

The guy you're looking to use, is he a Revo authorised dealer? There are different maps based on octane rating, he should know that. If you want to get the most power, you'll want a high boost/high octane map which means you'll need to run SUL (that's the option I chose). The guy should also do a full health check before and after, checking for pinking should be part of the health check.

Will it void the warranty? Maybe, depends if you have a fault which is related to engine/drive train.

Will the dealer check for a TD1 flag? I'd guess they're likely to look for a TD1 flag, if they discover engine/drive train issues (unlikely if there's an issue with the radio).

How likely is your turbo to fail? There have been reports of turbos failing, but it's not common.

Tuning is always risky. If you're really worried about any of the above points, I'd suggest hold off tuning until your warranty has expired. I didn't, I like to live on the edge ;-)

I'm pretty sure he's authorized - do they need to be, I mean can anyone just download the maps and sell them? He did mention there are different maps for different fuel types, we have 98 octane here as standard so I was hoping to run that particular map; however he did say the ECU will change to a different map if it detects worse quality fuel?

I'm going to pick up an SPS at the same time so I guess I can choose between the 2/3 maps they provide.

Thanks for the advice :)

Edited by mabnz

22 hours ago, mabnz said:

I'm pretty sure he's authorized - do they need to be, I mean can anyone just download the maps and sell them? He did mention there are different maps for different fuel types, we have 98 octane here as standard so I was hoping to run that particular map; however he did say the ECU will change to a different map if it detects worse quality fuel?

I'm going to pick up an SPS at the same time so I guess I can choose between the 2/3 maps they provide.

Thanks for the advice :)

I'm sure he has to be, the reason I questioned was due to the fuel quality question. If the ECU detects poor quality fuel, it should adjust to compensate. I wouldn't expect the ECU to compensate if you continually put in 95 Ron (which you won't since 98 is standard) when the map was written for 97/98 Ron.

The SPS is a good call, I debated it but didn't bother in the end.

Have you read the reports of clutches slipping after mapping? It's definitely something you should consider, factor into your decision when tuning.

Any modern engine which detects pinking (caused by low-RON, poor fuel, under-feuling, or excessive heat) will at at minimun retard the ignition to prevent damage. Most will additionally increase fuelling and reduce boost. It is far more likely that the turbos on these cars will tear themselves apart due to too-high boost, than suffer engine failure caused by poor fuel. The weak point of thses engines (petrol and diesel) are the turbos. If these go pop they tend to take other parts of the engine out with them. Revo and mappers maintain the standard safety mechanisms, but life-expectancy will always be reduced when you push components harder. There are plenty of stories within the US forums of MK7 GTI turbos going bang within 10K miles of tuning. There are very few reports of non-turbo related engine failers.

1 hour ago, waaar said:

Have you read the reports of clutches slipping after mapping? It's definitely something you should consider, factor into your decision when tuning.

I've hadn't prior but I have now! I guess that will happen regardless, and more power/torque merely accelerates the process. I'm hoping since I drive like a nana most of the time it won't be affected too much. Is the clutch usually covered under warranty?

1 hour ago, Orville said:

Any modern engine which detects pinking (caused by low-RON, poor fuel, under-feuling, or excessive heat) will at at minimun retard the ignition to prevent damage. Most will additionally increase fuelling and reduce boost. It is far more likely that the turbos on these cars will tear themselves apart due to too-high boost, than suffer engine failure caused by poor fuel. The weak point of thses engines (petrol and diesel) are the turbos. If these go pop they tend to take other parts of the engine out with them. Revo and mappers maintain the standard safety mechanisms, but life-expectancy will always be reduced when you push components harder. There are plenty of stories within the US forums of MK7 GTI turbos going bang within 10K miles of tuning. There are very few reports of non-turbo related engine failers.

Thanks for the thoughts. I found this thread which was quite useful too.

Edited by mabnz

1 hour ago, mabnz said:

I've hadn't prior but I have now! I guess that will happen regardless, and more power/torque merely accelerates the process. I'm hoping since I drive like a nana most of the time it won't be affected too much. Is the clutch usually covered under warranty?

My clutch started slipping immediately, following the remap. Maybe I was just unlucky, but, I literally had to feather the throttle to make progress, until have an uprated Sachs clutch fitted.

The clutch is generally considered a 'wear and tear' item, Skoda wouldn't replace it failed following tuning. You'd have a hard enough time if the car was standard!

2 hours ago, Orville said:

Following remap, the garage I used detected pinking (part of their shake down test), because I was running normal UL, they said I need to now run 97 Ron or above. It may be less of a risk than a turbo going pop, I guess time will tell.