New Toledo Style Advanced

Derek I am no expert but I do not think that the cornering foglight function works.I shall be taking this up with the dealer when he contacts me to supply the Sat Nav card.

Ask them regarding to the illuminated black panel as well. I'll be asking my dealer the same questions tomorrow.

Have you looked under the spare wheel yet ? ;)

Derek to be quite honest I am not concerned about the lack of an illuminated black panel as I think it might  just be distracting anyway.The cornering lights I would like.I believe they form the Comfort pack with the cruise control.I never use the cruise control but it would be nice to know it is there.I haven't looked under the spare wheel yet but will report when I do.

Nice car that. Sitting very high though....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Have you seen the website or brochure pics - they still photoshop the wheels on every one. This specToledo looks like its on 19 inch wheels with a 50mm suspension drop. I dont know how Skoda & Seat get away with it.

http://www.seat.co.uk/new-cars/toledo/overview.html

Edited by camelspyyder

CamelSpyyder I go on the motorway about once per year and the Missus uses the car for 95% of the time on 5 mile urban journeys and hence the need for the cruise control is very limited.I normally use my bus pass for most journeys.I do like all the bells and whistles on my motors but,to be quite honest,most of them are lost on me.You may well ask with my limited

use and tech phobia why do I change cars every 18 months or so.I think the answer is that I bought my first car in the 60s when they were unreliable after 12 months and I fear,totally unreasonably,that the same applies today.Either that or pure lunacy on my part!!!!! To be quite honest I enjoy the buying process more than the new car.the research and trying to beat the salesman which you never do.

• Like 1

One thing I noticed today with the wife's driving is that she seems to drive with the engine note in mind.Now she has a sixth gear to play with she still drives in the same circumstances with the revs she used in the (top) fifth in the old Rapid.Hence today she was doing 50 mph in a 30 mph area!! I shall have to think of a tactful way to point this out.

Have you seen the website or brochure pics - they still photoshop the wheels on every one. This specToledo looks like its on 19 inch wheels with a 50mm suspension drop. I dont know how Skoda & Seat get away with it.

http://www.seat.co.uk/new-cars/toledo/overview.html

Agree. They look so appealing in the pictures until you get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derek took a look at the spare wheel which is 185/60/15.I had no problems lifting the carpet and the "hole" seems about the same size as my old Rapid and Toledo.Since the 15/16/17 inch wheel and tyre combination should have the same diameter/circumference you should be able to get any of those sizes in width wise but,as you say, you may struggle with the depth.

One thing I noticed today with the wife's driving is that she seems to drive with the engine note in mind.Now she has a sixth gear to play with she still drives in the same circumstances with the revs she used in the (top) fifth in the old Rapid.Hence today she was doing 50 mph in a 30 mph area!! I shall have to think of a tactful way to point this out.

I'd do it soon, otherwise PC Plod will send her a photographic notice, it'll cost and come with points as a prize (aka speeding ticket) 

• Like 1

Its a very minor facelift. There's no way they've changed the floor of the boot.

And the 185/60R15 is the factory "full-size spare" no matter what alloys you've got on it.

?

Don't think anyone said the the floor plan had changed, but a big whopping battery sitting inside the spare wheel bay lol

I tried the full size spare wheel, and it will not sit over the car battery without lifting the floor pan up another3 inches.

I'm already now losing about 2 inch less since they revamped the boot with the car battery in there.

?

Don't think anyone said the the floor plan had changed, but a big whopping battery sitting inside the spare wheel bay lol

I tried the full size spare wheel, and it will not sit over the car battery without lifting the floor pan up another3 inches.

I'm already now losing about 2 inch less since they revamped the boot with the car battery in there.

The talk of a battery intrigued me so I removed the spare wheel.Nothing but space underneath it no sign of a battery.Derek do you have extras that I don't which require this 2nd battery?The sole battery on my car is definetly next to the engine (see photos posted earlier)

The wife with her eagle eyes spotted some tiny scratches just underneath the driver's door which are only visible to super humans and only when the door is open.Anyway I thought perhaps they will polish out which will save touching it up.After using the wax I noticed the slightest trace of blue on the polishing cloth.This puzzles me as I thought that all new cars have a clear coat applied as the last coat whether they are metallic or otherwise.Can someone enlighten me?

Sill Protectors.

Available on Ebay for 25-50% of the SEAT Price.

Do you both have petrol cars?  or is the battery in the boot trying to balance the hoofing heavy diesel lump?

Edited by camelspyyder

No, not any extras fitted, (but I did want full link)

Mine is a diesel.

And to be honest, I'm actually really enjoying this model. There's a massive difference compared to the itech, just the way it handles, and it seems to have the gearing just right now.

Edited by derek666

No battery under bonnet, so it's the main battery.

I'll take pictures today, if I can't post them up, I'll email them to you guys.

Interesting, my Seat Bocanegra had the battery in the boot (the virtually identical Cupra had the same).  I always assumed it was for weight distribution with it being a performance model.  Moving the battery to the boot is also a popular mod I've seen done a lot by young'uns with Saxos and Corsas and the like.

Not sure why they would bother on a Toledo/Rapid?  I can't really think of a many less sporty cars, and if you wanted to improve the handling there are 1001 other things I'd do before going to the effort of relocating the battery!