D M Keith - Bradford.

Guest Dirt666

Hi everyone i have owned German cars since i have passed driving i have never had any trouble with Audi Bradford, or JCT600 VW, Seat Huddersfield  but with D M Keith Skoda avoid it all staff faces are stuck up they a****. i own a 2008 octy vrs i had a problem with my oil temp light staying on so looked it up on BRISKODA some one had the same problem it was a temp sensor so i went to D M Keith Skoda Bradford  & ordered it  on 26/09/14 they said they have to order it in it will be here tomorrow 27/09/14 so i went next day to collect it & gave it  to my mechanic he said you don't need it my oil level was low. So i went Back to skoda to return it the parts department was not interested in refunding they were saying we didn't diagnose the car i said why shall i pay you to diagnose my car.  Porsche have diagnosed it the women at parts said but Porsche is different to skoda i said no Porsche cayenne use Audi engine so its German lol. Then she made excuse that my receipt part number does not match the sticker on the part it self i said its not my fault it clearly says my name on packet. I haven't got refund.  My advice is to go some where else AVOID BUNCH OF JOKERS DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT CARS LOL 

Edited by Dirt666

Firstly.

Welcome to Briskoda.

However, one bad experience doesnt really qualify you to tell others to avoid the Dealership does it?

I know Stacey well. She has always given me and others great service.

There must be more to it that you've said

Also, you might get others to help if you rewrite your story to make it easier to read

• Like 2

With respect Dirt666 it's you who doesn't know a lot about cars if you didn't know that the light signified low oil level was low

Regards all

Juan

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs

• Like 1

With due resect Dirt666 you are out of order, trying to self diagnose the problem, getting it wrong then expecting the dealer to absorb the cost is a bit much, also your comment of 'AVOID BUNCH OF JOKERS DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT CARS LOL'......... how do you work this out????

I also agree with the comments from ChirsRsDetailing regarding Stacey

Andy

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

Well, and very sadly, it would appear that my recent experience matches those of many other customers of D M Keith, and their treatment of customers reflect that of "the Curate's Egg".

Having just ordered a new Skoda, I revisited the Dealership to ask (what was to me) a few extremely valid questions. I didn't see the Salesman who I initially saw, but another guy. This aforementioned "guy" was complacent, patronising, pompous & self-justifying - & I was still seething over his attitude when I'd returned home.

If this is the attitude one can expect before I even heap my money on them, what can I expect if I have a problem with my new vehicle?

OK, so I'm only buying a Skoda: OK so I'm only paying 1/4 of what my last car cost, but even so, one DOES expect to be treated as reasonably important to them, and my questions dealt with without the need for pomposity & the customer feeling that he was being patronised.

Watch this space...............................

Edited by Michaelski

Sorry to read this

I can only comment on the treatment that I have received, which has been largely excellent

Im afraid that most dealerships appear to have at least one prat selling cars

I reckon that a possible reason for your treatment was due to the salesmen being on very stressful commission making and tight margins, so asking questions to another salesman, not the one you dealt with, could be the reason

No excuse mind you, just a possible reason

Why not make a complaint to the DP?

or...when I was getting nowhere once over a servicing question...The Owner..Angus Keith

A really nice genuine guy

Thanks for your most valid comments - which are obviously based on experience, ChrisRs, but "no names, no packdrill" is my motto - I won't be naming any names - will just ensure that I have no further dealings with this particular mensch. A pity though, what could/SHOULD have been a pleasurable experience is STILL rankling with me. And I still maintain that if customer-satisfaction is the cri de coeur of D M Keith, EVERY customer should come away feeling that they were at least treated as a human being. Hmmm!

On another couple of topics entirely - so any input based on owner's experience will be MOST welcome.

1. My current vehicle has (extremely effective) heated front seats - so I specified a 74 BHP Citigo Elegance, to also have HFS. Are they effective, and does one really know when they are on?

2. There appears to be considerable differences of opinion on just how effective the halogen headlights are. Do you owners find them adequate/more than adequate, or should I replace the bog-standard ones from day one, with something like Phillips Xtreme Vision?

All opinions gratefully received.

Edited by Michaelski

On another couple of topics entirely - so any input based on owner's experience will be MOST welcome.

1. My current vehicle has (extremely effective) heated front seats - so I specified a 74 BHP Citigo Elegance, to also have HFS. Are they effective, and does one really know when they are on?

2. There appears to be considerable differences of opinion on just how effective the halogen headlights are. Do you owners find them adequate/more than adequate, or should I replace the bog-standard ones from day one, with something like Phillips Xtreme Vision?

All opinions gratefully received.

May I suggest you repost this in the Citigo section..I fear you will not get an answer otherwise

• 3 years later...

Bought my first Fabia MKII (2011 Elegance TDI) a couple of years ago from DM Keith (Bradford).

Salesman was ok, and got me a decent deal on the car (approved used) .........

But the Navigation kit never came with the SD card or CD ....... and despite asking for months I NEVER received it. 

Ended up buying a genuine SD card from Ebay at my own expense, only for the Nav system to be around 200 miles out in terms of position (common fault with 1st Generation Amundsen apparently) .

Car also had a wheel bearing failure after a week, and some sort of engine fault, which to be fair they sorted, but only after some harsh words (considering every approved used car came with a 12 month dealer warranty) . 

Can't say i'll be rushing back.