Skoda Superb Hao-Rui Wood Steering Wheel - MK2 (3T) Restyling

javinv

Hello,

For sale, four spoke Skoda Superb Hao Rui Wood Steering Wheel with multifunction controls, no paddles and new Skoda logos and design.

The Hao-Rui is the Chinese version of the Skoda Superb. In China, one of the optional trims includes this elegant wood steering wheel.

I bought it at Taobao and after a long shipment with a lot of trouble (including the shipment of a non-wood steering wheel!), I received it on January 2014. The chinese seller that sold it to me, insisted on that it was necessary to buy as well the module that I've included with the pics of the steering wheel (I think it's the module that is behind the steering wheel and that controls the speed cruise control system). In his words, it was necessary for the chinese steering wheel to work on European Superbs. It was not necessary and I never installed it; I include it with the steering wheel tho, for in the case it's actually necessary for the car that finally gets it installed.

You can verify the date in which I bought it and installed it in this thread, since I shared my finding for those wishing to Bentley-up their Superbs:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/165237-wood-trim-kits-for-superb-2/#entry3660232

So I bought it on 2013 Christmas and installed it without too much difficulty on January 2014. I just followed a DIY guide, there are only two things to take into consideration: to replace the screw that actually holds the steering wheel and a specific screwdriver for it. Unexpectedly at the time that I ordered it on Taobao, I ended up selling my car on February 2014. Since my car's value was not being improved by the wood steering wheel, I uninstalled it to sell it separately. Then I had a familiar drama that sadly ended some months ago... And all this is story is to explain why it doesn't have too much use on it and why I have kept it for so much time. I installed it at the beginning of January and uninstalled it by mid-February.

The steering wheel includes the new Skoda logos, since its from the restyled Skoda Superb 3T MK2, has mutli-function controls but doesn't have paddles. It includes the airbag and the wire to connect it to the car. I've also attached a couple photos of how it looked installed.

Although I used to live in Paris when I had my Superb, I moved to Madrid when my dad got sick (my family drama), so the shipment would come from here. I will ship it through Chronoexpress, and it should take a couple of days, or so they say, for the package to get to UK, and I include the shipment cost in the price.

I'm asking for £400 posted. That's what I paid for it without the shipment from China and the duty taxes to import it, so since I include the shipment, I think it's a fair price. 

Thanks a lot!

Here are the pics:

post-75448-0-48961000-1442841453_thumb.jpeg

post-75448-0-85700200-1442841477_thumb.jpeg

post-75448-0-16385000-1442841499_thumb.jpeg

post-75448-0-31594200-1442841518_thumb.jpeg

post-75448-0-00867900-1442841542_thumb.jpeg

post-75448-0-35804200-1442841560_thumb.jpeg

post-75448-0-05815100-1442841593_thumb.jpeg

post-75448-0-69334300-1442841616_thumb.jpeg

post-75448-0-76532700-1442841672_thumb.jpeg

post-75448-0-34529400-1442841694_thumb.jpeg

post-75448-0-07885100-1442841722_thumb.jpeg

post-75448-0-92625200-1442841743_thumb.jpeg

post-75448-0-16350500-1442841767_thumb.jpeg

post-75448-0-03490700-1442841938_thumb.jpeg

post-75448-0-53719200-1442841950_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

It's a lovely wheel for those that like the wood detailing.....not seen one before.

Not my cup of tea but have a BTTT on me ;)

It's a lovely wheel for those that like the wood detailing.....not seen one before.

Not my cup of tea but have a BTTT on me ;)

Hey thank you for the BTTT !!!  :notme:

Ya it's a very nice steering wheel and it took me a lot of time and effort to find it ! If only I have had it installed since I bought my car! One time I almost bought a Touareg one on eBay , with this crazy idea to change its red LEDS to green ones and of course cut off the VW logo with a Dremel and glue a new Skoda one, with the risk of it flying into my head if the airbag would have activated someday!! And the face of my wife when I told her about that possibility...

I really miss my good old Skoda days!!!

Thank you!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Searching for images of that car and of its steering wheel, it looks like it's the same one that came factory installed in the superb mk2, which is the car in which I installed it. So, if that makes sense, it kinda should work on your car, buy obviously I cannot assure you that it will.

Does your current steering wheel have multifunction buttons ?

And did you see mine doesn't have paddles ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Searching for images of that car and of its steering wheel, it looks like it's the same one that came factory installed in the superb mk2, which is the car in which I installed it. So, if that makes sense, it kinda should work on your car, buy obviously I cannot assure you that it will.

Does your current steering wheel have multifunction buttons ?

And did you see mine doesn't have paddles ?

Ah yes, you have a good point there about the paddles. :(  Sorry to have wasted your time. 

Don't worry ! At least I'm back at the top of the list without having to write some silly good morning message!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

anything is worth a try , sure why not -  Would love to get one of these wooden  effect steering wheels - anyone  that can help - much appreciated