The Wax/Car Cleaning/Detailing Product Review Thread

ChrisRs

Today I bought bought a quick detailer spray from a local detailing company who has their own range of products. 

This one will probably only really interest those who live in the North East of Scotland. (a few Aberdonians on here) 

The product - Ultra Clean- Ultra Quick Detailer. It's a new product in the range. https://www.ultraclean.uk.com/product-page/quick-detailer

It's easy to use with a microfibre cloth. They say you can use it while the car is wet, however I did dry mine off first. It has left a very nice shine on my rapid. 

It remains to be seen how well it beads, however its Scotland so won't be long before it rains again.. 

JXGlA79.jpgXdvUslB.jpguGQ633I.jpg

Edited by DJG1984

On 04/03/2019 at 16:49, DJG1984 said:

Today I bought bought a quick detailer spray from a local detailing company who has their own range of products. 

This one will probably only really interest those who live in the North East of Scotland. (a few Aberdonians on here) 

The product - Ultra Clean- Ultra Quick Detailer. It's a new product in the range. https://www.ultraclean.uk.com/product-page/quick-detailer

It's easy to use with a microfibre cloth. They say you can use it while the car is wet, however I did dry mine off first. It has left a very nice shine on my rapid. 

It remains to be seen how well it beads, however its Scotland so won't be long before it rains again.. 

JXGlA79.jpgXdvUslB.jpguGQ633I.jpg

xnyjyfv.jpgQq2sGjL.jpg

Safe to say it beads pretty well. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I’m somewhat of a cynic when bold claims are made about products but this one (so far) has impressed me. 

The ‘Sam’s Detailing’ drying towel, a large, single-sided twisted loop towel that seems to hold a lot of water and dried most of my car before it needed wringing out. I’d happily buy another over my previous drying towels.

https://www.samsdetailing.co.uk/products/drying-towel

No association with the above company other than being happy with their product.

IMG_4758.jpeg

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Washed my Octy and our daughters Ibiza today. 

1. I used Auto Glyms Polar Collection. 

2. Purchased from Amazon (price has gone up since I bought it earlier this week) 

- https://amzn.eu/d/2PxiH12

3.Start with the Polar Blast Snowfoam. Works pretty well. Had previously been using Auto Smarts snowfoam and this works maybe a little better.

Rinse off the snowfoam and moved onto the Polar wash which is also applied using the snow foam lance, so don't make up too much snowfoam or you will waste product. 

Went over with sponge and hot water. Then Rinsed. Again don't make up more wash mix than needed as the snowfoam bottle is again used to apply the next stage. 

The next stage is Polar Seal, a hydrophobic protective coating. Spray on, they say no more than 4 cap fulls to 500mls water. Applied with the snowfoam bottle. 

Then Rinsed off. Then dry vehicle. 

4.It started to rain when I was mid drying and the hydrophobic properties were obvious and excellent beading. 

Quite a satisfying product. 

20231222_152038.jpg

20231222_152858.jpg

received_1210973566529000.jpeg

20231222_145223.jpg

20231222_145220.jpg

Edited by DJG1984

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great - I'd wondered about this Polar range; just blasting with a lance. The Pre-wash is pH Neutral, the shampoo is relatively alkali (generally expected and needed for road grime/traffic film), but the protector is fairly acidic at 4.7; not sure I expected that but its Siloxanes and Silicones so similar to something like Carpro Hydro2 perhaps. 

In fact, on that ph point, using the wash might end up being quite destructive to the Protect layer because of such a difference to the ph levels. As such, you may find you can't maintain the Protect layer by keeping it decontaminated with the Wash product. Be interesting to see if that is the case or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Washed the Octy for the first time in month thanks to 💩 weather. She was covered in dirt and grit off the winter roads. 

The snow took a massive thaw yesterday and I took the opertunity to wash it. 

Auto Glyms Polar Collection again. 

A couple of before and after pics. 

20240120_132921.jpg

20240120_132847.jpg

20240120_145843.jpg

20240120_145727.jpg

Edited by DJG1984
  • Like 1