Octavia grill

Andymm

Try http://workshop-manuals.com/skoda/octavia-mk2/body/body_work/bonnet_flaps_cab_central_locking/engine_bonnet/summary_of_components_of_radiator_grill/

For the "Disassemble the radiator grill in individual parts" step I believe a 6mm socket pushed over each clip works well but I've never done it myself.

• Like 1

If you want to separate insert from frame then its hard job. I was trying once, play for couple of hours, brock few clips and crack chromed frame....

Really? Clips around the sides and top and double sided foam on the bottom.

Yes, it is fiddly and you end up with sore fingers :)

After much faffing about with mine, including buying a 2nd hand chrome strip from eBay, I bought a whole new replacement unit (i.e. the insert and the crome strip) in the end from carparts4less for the frankly unbelievable price of £34.61 including delivery - and the quality is excellent. The only drawback for VRS owners is the need to then mount the VRS badge back on (the OEM badge is melted into the grille) but I'm actually enjoying the debadged look at the front. Having a brand spanking looking shiny chrome strip is lovely...!