What did you do to your Skoda today pt2

chrisgreen

• 2 weeks later...

Took it to get new brakes fitted today (Pagid discs and pads all round). Garage phoned me and said the rear calipers are seized so it's going to cost more than expected to fix, bummer!

On the plus side the brakes should be better than they have ever been once it's all sorted.

Checked to make sure it was still there. Other than that absolutely nothing. Just remembered I has a new shiny black gear knob insert. Fitted that which took all of the last 30 secs. Took longer to write this post :)

One of these

B1DFE6FF-68F8-4193-B147-923AFF97DC70.jpg

Edited by Mikek3111

• 2 weeks later...

CUpXjhE.jpg

Wonder if that's why I've been smelling raw fuel, after a drive, for the past couple of weeks?

Not visible in the picture is the fine mist that was being sprayed from the tiny pinhole in the pipe; gently misting everything with the contents of the tank.

:swear::@

EIHEmQt.jpg

Guess she's just jealous the truck's been getting all the attention. :rofl:

Took the citigo for a jaunt down the motorway with the small man to collect the missus from the airport.

i have to say, despite the wind, it happily sat on (indicated) 135kph the whole way down to cork and gave about (indicated) 45mpg - 6.2l/100km. Other than a lack of torque to keep the momentum goimg on the bigger hills it was a comfy drive. Swmbo drove home sat on 120kph and twas avg at 5.7l/100km when we got home. Overall a nice indicator of what that little 3cyl 60broken-donkey engine will do :)

Investigated flashing glow plug light and intermittent limp mode fault turned out to the a connector on the fuel pressure rail being loose found by chance, Had no codes come up either thought it was dpf at first phew! :) 

Took the car in for it's first MOT at the work's garage.  Passed with only an advisory for rusty discs at the back (scored), the dealer had suggested replacing them before MOT but the car stops fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Brought the octy for a couple of messages yesterday. Had tge little lad with me, so got it jet washed while getting diesel - his first time in a car while it was washed , the look of intrigue and confusion wjile the windows he could see were being powerwashed and then snow foamed was well worth it. And its looking 100times better on the outside now!

• Like 1

Now onto ebay to look for a load of silver/grey cable ties to make sure they don't come off!

Mike - should have some the right colour for you, if you want to avoid buying a load you might not use :)