Black Grille - silly question?

Hello. I'm after a bit of advice with regards to spraying my grille in gloss black (to match my gloss black mirrors)

Ive looked at pictures of others that have done this but I cant work out whether people have the plastic fins sprayed aswell or just the chrome.

Cheers

A cheaper, more durable way would be to wrap it. I have never wrapped anything other than a Christmas present before and I managed to do mine in an hour using carbon effect film. Gloss black film is available.

To answer your question, I split the chrome from the fins.

• 3 weeks later...

Last question. Had the grille sprayed. Went to fit it and the bottom part won't stay attached. I tried some number plate stickers to hold it in place but keeps popping out at the bottom edges. Any ideas.?

are the clips broken on the bottom ? when removing the chrome surround you can break the clips as its a tight fit, so when you refit it wont clip in properly or you might have to give it a good firm push to click home as the new paint makes it a tighter fit .  

Willy2039 you are correct. There are clips up the side. That's why I couldn't get it to stay put before. All done now. Thanks for your help. ☺

To quote other areas of this fora...pictures or it didn't happen.... :thumbup:

Yes just had the chrome bit sprayed same as car black magic, been done over a year now still looks as good as when it was done will get a better pic up later today.

Doing this mod myself so glad to read it is :D Looking forward to the pics myself.

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd post my own results here. I think it massively improves the look of the car. Black Neptune Alloys help too. (Car is overdue a wash, but may be doing more work on it first..)

NxcMxS5.jpg

Hi,

I think this would look good on my Scout but I don't know if it would also look good if I did the bottom silver trim on the Scout bumper as well as the chrome grill?

Opinions?

(Generic pic of a black scout I grabbed off the internet).

24783285692_35bed7e28d_c.jpg

Innes