VRS TSI Exhausts Choices ?

Marios you could try this as a dirt cheap option:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391415636287?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm interested in it but would have to cross the practicality ( no idea what it sounds like yet), plus warranty and insurance points. No feedback from anyone on this on here yet, you could be a first !

I'd imagine it could be somewhat louder than standard, without being ridiculous as its still on standard mufflers, could be quite a nice small upgrade without ****ing off the neighbours.

• Like 1

if it was me, I'd just keep the original

Probably the best thing to do.

And how much do you think you'd get for it? 200-300 maybe? For that it's not worth it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391415636287?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm interested in it but would have to cross the practicality ( no idea what it sounds like yet), plus warranty and insurance points. No feedback from anyone on this on here yet, you could be a first !

I'd imagine it could be somewhat louder than standard, without being ridiculous as its still on standard mufflers, could be quite a nice small upgrade without ****ing off the neighbours.

I've checked with FOX (at least for 1.8TSI) that the front one does not work alone with OEM exhaust. I do not know the details, but I was told, that it should be fitted together with FOX end-pieces.

Maybe someone can verify it though - I'm curious myself ;)

Edited by wlange

Probably the best thing to do.

And how much do you think you'd get for it? 200-300 maybe? For that it's not worth it.

I ment keep the original on the car and not bother with an aftermarket unit

I've checked with FOX (at least for 1.8TSI) that the front one does not work alone with OEM exhaust. I do not know the details, but I was told, that it should be fitted together with FOX end-pieces.

Maybe someone can verify it though - I'm curious myself ;)

I'm not in the position to try it currently, but at worst, surely its a reducer or enlarging pipe section with clamps, its a no brainer to be honest ?

Whether worth the hassle, thats someone elses cause, but I just would put out its a small fraction of all the other options and the pre pipe ( resonator) does remove quite a bit of noise.

So I'd expect it to sound a bit sportier personally.

Yea but i don't whant to cut into the original one , i will like i new one or another original to start messing with it.

Thank' s for the suggestion

Anyone tried the friedrik motorsport exhaust? Made in Germany and it sound good on youtube

Friedrich Motorsport?

I've read on German forums that they show worse quality (rusting) and fit than fox.

I did a bit of comparison (for 1.8L) and price is +/- same. Only advantage is if you like choose to have a 1-sided 76mm system, than Friedrich Motorsport is the only choice.

• 1 year later...

In the end I have gone for the resonator delete. Gives a bit more of a fart and i little more noise of full throttle.

It will do until I can afford or find a second hand after market one. 

21 hours ago, M12MKD said:

In the end I have gone for the resonator delete. Gives a bit more of a fart and i little more noise of full throttle.

It will do until I can afford or find a second hand after market one. 

What part of the exhaust system is the resonator? 

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2017 at 16:56, StuFan said:

What part of the exhaust system is the resonator? 

Cheers

It's the mid section. Between the car and the rear mufflers.

Basically a straight pipe.

Gives a louder DSG fart and a bit more deeper note

Definitely gives a bit more prescence particularly at idle

I think its difficult to tell when moving, particularly with the noisy VRS fart box in the passenger compartment though.

I have to say though that some of those boxes are downright rude sounding, I wouldn't want them all the time so imagine the Remus would give some compromise but how expensive !

• Like 1

On 08/07/2017 at 18:58, M12MKD said:

It's the mid section. Between the car and the rear mufflers.

Basically a straight pipe.

Gives a louder DSG fart and a bit more deeper note

Are you experiencing any high-pitch drone at around 2.5k rpm at certain throttle position?

When I did the delete, the drone was so bad and would vibrate the entire car.

I have since installed small 18 inch resonator and solved 99.9% of the drone.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2017 at 03:37, 99Reza said:

Are you experiencing any high-pitch drone at around 2.5k rpm at certain throttle position?

When I did the delete, the drone was so bad and would vibrate the entire car.

I have since installed small 18 inch resonator and solved 99.9% of the drone.

I can't say I've noticed that, only thing I can feel is the "fart" on full charge, this does give a slight vibrating feeling. But I sort of like it......appeals to my inner child I guess.

• 1 month later...

Well since commenting on this thread a while back & checking out youtube vids etc, I've still been thinking about an exhaust for the vRS & today actually took a plunge to have a Remus fitted, Remus sports label cat-back system with sound controller & race pipe, should be fitted on October 6th, cost is on the high side & not cheap if I'm honest, it was either remus, scorpion, supersprint or go down the custom route but opted for the remus due to the sound controller which is something that is a great feature for certain times on the road etc... & with the build quality of the remus, its something you wont have to worry about in the future.

I will update in due course & try to get some pictures of it installed while its up on the ramp, roll on 6th of October B) :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 19/09/2017 at 19:45, BATVANVRS said:

Well since commenting on this thread a while back & checking out youtube vids etc, I've still been thinking about an exhaust for the vRS & today actually took a plunge to have a Remus fitted, Remus sports label cat-back system with sound controller & race pipe, should be fitted on October 6th, cost is on the high side & not cheap if I'm honest, it was either remus, scorpion, supersprint or go down the custom route but opted for the remus due to the sound controller which is something that is a great feature for certain times on the road etc... & with the build quality of the remus, its something you wont have to worry about in the future.

I will update in due course & try to get some pictures of it installed while its up on the ramp, roll on 6th of October B) :) 

Have you had it fitted now? If so, what are your thoughts? Some videos would be cool?

Cheers

16 hours ago, cswrighty said:

Have you had it fitted now? If so, what are your thoughts? Some videos would be cool?

Cheers

Yeah I had the cat-back sports remus fitted with the racing pipe, it sounds amazing to be honest & I'm not just saying that either! I also had the remus remote sound controller installed so you can adjust the opening & closing of the exhaust valves/flaps etc...

It really is a quality build product from remus (Germany) the exhaust just ooze's sexy-ness from the quality of the build to the actual sound of the exhaust once installed, The remote valve control is great, I've actually a few times just been driving but not wanting to draw any attention or make any noise & the remus exhaust is a perfect choice for that. 

Here is some pictures of the exhaust & sound controller, my main reason for choosing the remus exhaust was purely down to 2 main factors, 1 being the build quality (does not rust like some exhaust manufactures) 2 being able to control the sound at any time via the remote.

https://www.facebook.com/Unit18Automotive/photos/a.205110522849788.58390.188948927799281/1804641026230055/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/Unit18Automotive/photos/a.205110522849788.58390.188948927799281/1804640942896730/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/Unit18Automotive/photos/a.205110522849788.58390.188948927799281/1804640936230064/?type=3&theater

This is a short little video that Unit18 did of the exhaust, I have not done any recording yet myself but I can do, I'm just enjoying the sound to much B) in manual mode of the DSG you get like pops & bangs kind of sound when changing gear via the flappy paddles, with the valves fully open (button b on the remote) its like gun shots going off :D 

https://en-gb.facebook.com/Unit18Automotive/videos/1814215701939254/

Edited by BATVANVRS

@BATVANVRS Thanks for the update. Sounds good. Like you I would want the option to make it noisey, and switch it off on a motorway cruise. Does it sound any more invasive in the cabin than standard when the value is closed?

Cheeky question, but how much did it cost you including the fitting? :blush

Cheers

11 minutes ago, cswrighty said:

@BATVANVRS Thanks for the update. Sounds good. Like you I would want the option to make it noisey, and switch it off on a motorway cruise. Does it sound any more invasive in the cabin than standard when the value is closed?

Cheeky question, but how much did it cost you including the fitting? :blush

Cheers

The sound controller has 4 button settings (A = valve closed B = 100% opened C = 10% opened D = 50% opened) I had the sound generator inside the cabin completely turned down to "0" via VCDS so I don't hear the awful OEM sound generator anymore, if you select button/setting (A = valve closed) there is absolutely no engine/exhaust noise whatsoever from inside or outside the cabin, silence all the way, even at button/setting (C = 10% opened) its still much better & quieter than the OEM sound generator, I've tried every setting & when I start up I always have setting (A) selected, & once I've been driving for a while I tend to use setting (B) or (D) mostly.

I've been using Unit18 http://www.unit18.co.uk/ for at least 3 years so kinda got to know the guys (Alister) & his staff so they did me a great deal to be honest for supplying & fitting the Remus sports label exhaust with racing pipe & remote sound controller, I rang around a few other garage suppliers/fitters but the price being quoted was between £400 £700 more than Unit18, in-terms of price it cost a pretty packet but not what is shown on the Remus website, best thing is to call around a few garages & get a few quotes but I would recommend Unit18, ask for Alister & explain to him that Richard just had a Remus system supplied & fitted by you guys on his Skoda vRS estate 20TSI & you would like a price for the same setup etc...Alister is a great bloke & very trustworthy so you can trust him & his staff with your vehicle.

Rtec design https://www.rtecshop.com/ actually gave me a good quote, the same or there-about as Unit18 but Rtec didn't quote with the racing pipe as they would of probably used the system with the front silencer pipe instead which is with homologation.

My setup is the Remus racing sports cat-back without homologation, with racing down pipe/tube & remote sound controller.

https://www.remus.eu/news/REMUS-product-information-21-2016 

https://www.remus.eu/remus-sound-controller-without-eec-homologation-10628.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, cswrighty said:

Wonder what sort of 'popping' you get with a manual gearbox?

Just as an aside, I've got a turbo-back Scorpion full system (resonated. Initially went non-res., and it made my head buzz) in my manual 230, and the overrun burble is definitely there in the cold (e.g. car park movement in 1st gear up the revs, and then letting it run back down). Heel-toeing it down to roundabouts, there are definite 'pops' when it's hot with spirited driving, but not obnoxious.

I would think that the Remus is 'poppier', and some might say sexier. But as my other half drives the car too, so little old me wasn't really allowed to go full BTCC-style on it ;).

Edited by Ads230
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I can give you guys a custom Magnaflow set-up, both resonated and non resonated setup . Piping will be 2.75 inches stainless steel , end can will be both Magnaflow and if u guys go resonated , then the resonator box will be Magnaflow too . 

Below attached file is non res setup . 

900euros for the resonated setup plus shipping to where ever in the world .

• Like 2