Water collecting under door

Same problem with new 2015 octavia estate, with a large amount of water collecting after rain.

The dealer wasn't interested, neither was skoda uk customer services.  Customer services said it was a 'design aspect' and that it did not cause problems!!

So hacked off with the lack of interest from skoda, that I took the hit and have got rid. No more Skodas for me!@

On 15.05.2016. at 19:24, toni8b said:

I have the same problem, reported them and there are no replacements, they only drilled something, even worse different on the left and the right doors.

And in the end,  I noticed, there is still water retention in the doors, maybe not high as before, but certain amount as well.

I presume new seals are maybe different, so drilling similar holes on older seals may not produce desired results.

:rain:  :rain:  :rain:  :rain:  :rain:

The "new" have 2 bigger and 8 smaller holes.

IMG_3147.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting this because I seem to have this issue in my drivers door. 

None of the part numbers are coming up on ebay, does anyone know if its a dealer only part? 

I'm half tempted to just poke a drill bit through the current seals and see if that sorts it. 

• 2 months later...

Hello guys. 

I have issue with water in doors like you. Today in my left rear door I had a lot of water. Door for last 2 months wasn't opened. When I opened rear left door water comes out immediately. I know that on the front skoda has new modified seals but what about rear?? They are fixed as well?? I have 2 parts numbers posted here but this is for front only. Anyone has for rear?? 

• 3 weeks later...

This thread seems to have died down. I guess most got this sorted during warranty.

But has anyone managed to get some goodwill warranty done later?

I've recently bought a 15 Scout which has this problem, but the previous owner parked it undercover so I doubt he ever noticed.

Not surprised as he thought that the fogging of the left headlight was normal and had never noticed that someone had started to cut out the hole for the indicator and never sealed it back up again...

• 4 months later...

Hi there.

Octavia 2013.

This is crazy....

Sloshing in my nearside passenger door. The door is full of water after rain. No sign of seal damage. Removed the plastic lug that supports the rubber seal below the door (see photo). No drain holes anywhere under the door. Considering drilling the door as the current 'drain hole' (not a drain hole) is above the lowest part of the door, so water still in there. 

Anybody else have this - have a solution?

Cheers.

G

IMG_0330.jpg

Hi. 

I see that you have this same problem what I had. 

You have two options

First one is that you have to remove bottom seals and clean them and two drain holes in doors. Then put back. 

Second one go to skoda dealer and tell them that you wanna buy upgraded bottom door seals. 

They have a new design with new drain holes like on the pictures on previous pages. 

Like I said I had this same issue but I've chosen second option for all doors and problem gone. Even after heavy rain is perfect. 

I know that second option is not cheap but for life. First one may come back after specific period of time. 

Good luck 🤞 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Resurrecting the thread to provide the latest part numbers of the rear door seals for the estate model( not sure are they applicable also for the hatch 😞

• 5E9839697D - rear left door seal 
  • 5E9839698D - rear right door seal

I've ordered these because my 16 Scout has water in the rear doors which I hear when drive through the bumps 🤬

Hopefully these will allow the water to exit.

• 2 weeks later...