Overheating when in slow-moving traffic problem

Recently, my car (55 plate Skoda Fabia classic) has been overheating in traffic.

Upon googling, it appears that the problem is with radiator fan not doing its job or there's a blockage in the pipe. Is that all? Is there any other potential casues I should be checking out?

And how much should I expect pay to fix this problem? Is this problem DIY-able?

Edited by JoeBloggs

Thermostat perhaps ?

When parked up rev the car and see if the fans come on when it gets hot

also test fuses I'd say for the fan

It's process of elimination or trip to a mechanic

Does coolant level drop ?

Thermostat perhaps ?

When parked up rev the car and see if the fans come on when it gets hot

also test fuses I'd say for the fan

It's process of elimination or trip to a mechanic

Does coolant level drop ?

Thanks for the thermostat suggestion.

I'll check whether the fan comes on if the car is revved up. What does it mean if it does/doesn't come on?

Coolant level didn't drop.

When searching for Fabia Info on Briskoda - Use this Google search first by inserting what you are after between the * here*, copy & paste to try for future reference - site:briskoda.net *Fabia VRS Fuse Layout* 

Here you go for the Fabia Fuse Layout.http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/294383-the-mki-fabia-fuse-layout-post-updated-with-bulb-types/

DB.

• Like 1

When searching for Fabia Info on Briskoda - Use this Google search first by inserting what you are after between the * here*, copy & paste to try for future reference - site:briskoda.net *Fabia VRS Fuse Layout* 

Here you go for the Fabia Fuse Layout.http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/294383-the-mki-fabia-fuse-layout-post-updated-with-bulb-types/

DB.

Thanks for that. I'll be sure to use search function every time an issue comes up.

Edited by JoeBloggs