What detailing products have you bought today...

BTS22

53 minutes ago, Bignij said:

When did they change the 303 bottle? It looks very jazzy. :) 

I don't know. They did keep changing the shape of the bottle over the last couple of years. 

I haven't bought any for a while because it's quite expensive for the amount needed for a car (especially in this day and age of plastic engine covers, etc...) and where it gets used (I use Adam's Invisible Undercarriage spray for wheel arches, other products for others plastics depending on the surface and where). 

It is a great product though. 

vRWVaDbl.jpg

OI5cc5Wl.jpg

Dd0L97ol.jpg

rHqbKOkl.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When using products in the engine bay do you not find that they just attract more dust? I've only ever used Back to Black a few years ago and looked worse within a few weeks than it had prior to cleaning so never bothered again.

2 minutes ago, CWARD said:

When using products in the engine bay do you not find that they just attract more dust? I've only ever used Back to Black a few years ago and looked worse within a few weeks than it had prior to cleaning so never bothered again.

I've found it depends on the product. 

With 303 Aerospcae Protectant I've found little to no dust build up after five months on the engine bay. 

Ours needs doing sometime I think as the last time it was cleaned was back in March 2016. 

11 minutes ago, Svend said:

With 303 Aerospcae Protectant I've found little to no dust build up after five months on the engine bay. 

Ours needs doing sometime I think as the last time it was cleaned was back in March 2016. 

Agree with that, 303 is a great product.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CWARD said:

I tend to just give mine a wipe over with a cloth but seeing clean bay like yours makes me envious. 

With 303 AP, I spray liberally all over the engine bay. On large flat surfaces I will gently run a rolled up cloth over the surface but with no pressure at all. Initially it looks like a wet surface with pools of white liquid but just close the bonnet and then start cleaning the wheels and the rest of the car. About an hour or so later you'll see a lovely even sheen. 

9 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Looks like another product to add the shelve, cheers lads.

It's a great product. Another one to look out for is Autobrite Jaffa Clean. It's a degreaser and protectant in one. Great for engine bays and door shuts. 

Spray, agitate, wipe up or pressure wash off. Dress plastics. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Svend said:

I don't know. They did keep changing the shape of the bottle over the last couple of years. 

I haven't bought any for a while because it's quite expensive for the amount needed for a car (especially in this day and age of plastic engine covers, etc...) and where it gets used (I use Adam's Invisible Undercarriage spray for wheel arches, other products for others plastics depending on the surface and where). 

It is a great product though. 

I've not bought any for yonks. I don't use a lot of it. Although the new car seems to have a lot more plastic under the bonnet so usage may increase. As stated, it doesn't seem to attract any extra dust or crud but that is purely from an observational point of view. I have no hard facts to back it up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bignij said:

I've not bought any for yonks. I don't use a lot of it. Although the new car seems to have a lot more plastic under the bonnet so usage may increase. As stated, it doesn't seem to attract any extra dust or crud but that is purely from an observational point of view. I have no hard facts to back it up.

1 hour ago, Svend said:

Ye', I've used it for several years. 

• Like 1

Just got my latest delivery. 

4HMbwusl.jpg

Gtechniq I2ab Triclean 

Gtechniq T1 Tyres and Trim 

Valet Pro Enzyme Odour Eater 

Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner 

CarPro Eraser 

Supernatural detailing swabs (three sizes) 

Detailing brush 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, valvedoctor46 said:

Hey svend, what's the eraser product do. Is it for removing old products before application of new ?

It's essentially like IsoPropyl Alcohol is that it removes oils and residue from the surface ready to seal or coat. Where IPA lifts the oils which can then be rubbed back in when you wipe the surface, CarPro Eraser has cleaners in that dissolve the oils leaving you with a very clean surface to work on. 

• Like 1

Just ordered a nice little KLiN Microfibre sample pack from Andy at CYR.

Wash mitt, wash pad, Glass cloth, zero finish buffing and Twisted pile drying towel.

Nice little pack and he even added in a couple of freee sample glass cleaners to test with the glass cloth!

Hopefully have them for testing at the weekend.... :)

On 9/11/2017 at 12:03, Svend said:

Just got my latest delivery. 

4HMbwusl.jpg

Gtechniq I2ab Triclean 

Gtechniq T1 Tyres and Trim 

Valet Pro Enzyme Odour Eater 

Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner 

CarPro Eraser 

Supernatural detailing swabs (three sizes) 

Detailing brush 

Do you prefer VP Bilberry over BH Auto Wheel?  I found Bilberry a bit weak, it needs to be agitated but BH AW will do the job with the just the pressure of the lance. 

3 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Do you prefer VP Bilberry over BH Auto Wheel?  I found Bilberry a bit weak, it needs to be agitated but BH AW will do the job with the just the pressure of the lance. 

Bilberry is a great wheel cleaner but is just a wheel cleaner. I use it as my initial wheel cleaner (ie pressure wash any excess dirt, spray on wheel cleaner, agitate and rinse) and the follow it up with Autowheels more for it's fallout properties on the wheel facing, but for both wheel cleaning and fallout removal in the back of the wheels. Clean wheel faces look good, but getting right in behind the spokes gives the clean wheel depth. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, penguin17 said:

For a more visual perspective to what I said. 

Ford Focus RS. 

1IEs7QGl.jpg

This was the wheel after it had been cleaned with Bilberry and Wheel Woolies to get into all the areas. 

D3k3aVjl.jpg

AutoWheels sprayed onto wheel and in behind the spokes. 

rzgPKFZl.jpg

After agitation with Wheel Woolies again. 

FJv7exIl.jpg 

The difference is more depth and the heel stand out more. 

NpJ9xmvl.jpg

Edited by Svend
  • Like 3

Treated myself to some new tackle, my old stuff was well past it.

Colinite 845

Auto Glym Super Resin Polish

Poseidon Shampoo 

2 x buckets/lids/grit guards

Various towels, applicators and cloths and a wheel brush

Just need to fix my nilfisk washer as one of the seals has come off  :dull:

20170923_093352.jpg

• Like 3

Feeling very pleased with myself after finding a supplier of serviceable parts for my Nilfisk Alto pressure washer, I successfully fixed it today. So have just ordered these to see what all the fuss is about :D 

Screenshot_20170927-182842.jpg

Screenshot_20170927-182800.jpg

Edited by wolfsburger
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Delivery arrived yesterday. 

8y4I7m0l.jpg

I thought I'd give Gyeon Glass a go. I'm happy with Gtechniq G6 Perfect Glass but as I've liked all the Gyeon products so far thought I'd give it a go. 

Unfortunately I forgot I already had some G6 in my basket at Gtechniq. Doh. 

• Like 3