What detailing products have you bought today...

BTS22

Just bought these to see how they work in tight spaces and crevices:

Will see how they get on.

IMG_20171113_175336.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just ordered some BH Double Speed Wax, new sheepskin wash pad, wooley mammoth drying towel, detailing brushes, and wax applicator finger glove thingy ma jiggies. 

Hoping they arrive in time for Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

Complete newbie here so be patient please... I've got this Wonder Wheels alloy cleaner on the shelf. But it contains all sorts of warnings on the back about what type of wheels not to use it on, and I've read on here it is quite harsh. My L&K Superb has this type of wheels and I have no idea whether they are likely to be damaged using the product. Any experiences? I really don't want to damage the wheels. I've also got the Wonder Wheels sealant - any views on that? Thanks in advance.

image.png.3e6a8c7de2d3bdc665cecf6e29d6bb37.pngimage.png.45633c79553c0ab2b558546d4d0bfd87.png

28 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Complete newbie here so be patient please... I've got this Wonder Wheels alloy cleaner on the shelf. But it contains all sorts of warnings on the back about what type of wheels not to use it on, and I've read on here it is quite harsh. My L&K Superb has this type of wheels and I have no idea whether they are likely to be damaged using the product. Any experiences? I really don't want to damage the wheels. I've also got the Wonder Wheels sealant - any views on that? Thanks in advance.

image.png.3e6a8c7de2d3bdc665cecf6e29d6bb37.pngimage.png.45633c79553c0ab2b558546d4d0bfd87.png

Not a fan of the wonder wheel stuff.

Seeing that on the shelf is more easier to purchase I can recommend the following from Halfords.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/wheel-tyre-cleaning/auto-finesse-imperial-wheel-cleaner-500ml

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/wheel-tyre-cleaning/meguiars-endurance-high-gloss-tyre-protection-473ml

But if you ain't in a rush then you can buy some great products from online places like: EZ Car care, Infinity wax, Auto Finesse, clean your car, saverschoice. (Google them) 

:thumbup:

I am getting into car cleaning now with this car, always used the european drive in fellas in the past but came to realise they can be quite damaging to your paintwork. So this is the start of my journey...

IMG_20180202_195515_922.jpg

Edited by HarleQuinn
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, samuir1974 said:

Meguiar's Detailing buckets....

512829?w=637&h=403

Reduced in Halfords.

£9 then discount card applied

My standard grit guards fit  really snug - perfect purchase!

Was looking at these last night actually, I get 25% off at Halfords too.

What grit guards are you using as the meguiars ones for this are £11 each which I think is too high...

• Like 1

I’m angry at you lot, you’ve been keeping secrets!  I’ve used all sorts to clean the wheels on the car, whilst some have good, most haven’t. Today I thought I’d give the car a good clean, especially the wheels. They’re my second hand winter wheels that I bought after they’d been stored dirty, the brake dust and crud despite previous attempts with Wonder Wheels and AutoGlym wheel cleaner never came up looking that good. 

Today I tried Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel Cleaner. Sprayed it onto the dry wheels, pushed it around with a paint brush, leave it for a few minutes whilst it turns purple as it reacts with the dirt and iron (also starts to smell a bit) then simply rinse off. No hard work or repeated applications. It couldn’t be easier. 

The wheels came up like new, including the inner wheel behind the spokes. I was literally gob smacked. As I was putting the cleaning kit away the next door neighbour came back and commented on the new wheels. He couldn’t believe how well they’d cleaned up despite them being on the car for the last two months. 

Why did no one tell me not to waste my money on other wheel cleaners and just use Bilt Hamber instead. If the rest of their products are as good as this then I’m a convert. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, CWARD said:

I’m angry at you lot, you’ve been keeping secrets!  I’ve used all sorts to clean the wheels on the car, whilst some have good, most haven’t. Today I thought I’d give the car a good clean, especially the wheels. They’re my second hand winter wheels that I bought after they’d been stored dirty, the brake dust and crud despite previous attempts with Wonder Wheels and AutoGlym wheel cleaner never came up looking that good. 

Today I tried Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel Cleaner. Sprayed it onto the dry wheels, pushed it around with a paint brush, leave it for a few minutes whilst it turns purple as it reacts with the dirt and iron (also starts to smell a bit) then simply rinse off. No hard work or repeated applications. It couldn’t be easier. 

The wheels came up like new, including the inner wheel behind the spokes. I was literally gob smacked. As I was putting the cleaning kit away the next door neighbour came back and commented on the new wheels. He couldn’t believe how well they’d cleaned up despite them being on the car for the last two months. 

Why did no one tell me not to waste my money on other wheel cleaners and just use Bilt Hamber instead. If the rest of their products are as good as this then I’m a convert. 

I'm no pro detailer, but BH are quickly becoming one of my favourite brands.  Their Double Speed wax is good, and their Surfex HD is a very good APC that works at very low concentrations; it'll last forever.

I'm going to try their shampoo next.

17 hours ago, CWARD said:

Bilt Hamber are great products - generally....

CleanYour car stock these and discount code available.

I use the clay bar, surfex HD APC, Auto foam, Double Speed Wax currently - all vert cost effective!

20 hours ago, HarleQuinn said:

Was looking at these last night actually, I get 25% off at Halfords too.

What grit guards are you using as the meguiars ones for this are £11 each which I think is too high...

Hi mate - thanks for the comment.

Tested the Megs bucket with my standard EZ grit guard and then the Chemical Guys Cyclone dirt trap.

Both fit perfect and snug and stay firmly at the base of the bucket at all times.

7 hours ago, samuir1974 said:

Hi mate - thanks for the comment.

Tested the Megs bucket with my standard EZ grit guard and then the Chemical Guys Cyclone dirt trap.

Both fit perfect and snug and stay firmly at the base of the bucket at all times.

Thanks, do you see more grit using the EZ grit guard, is the chemical guys grit guard a better option. I do want to get two buckets and two grit guards but trying to keep costs down so looking at lesser known brands.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HarleQuinn said:

Thanks, do you see more grit using the EZ grit guard, is the chemical guys grit guard a better option. I do want to get two buckets and two grit guards but trying to keep costs down so looking at lesser known brands.

You can probably get 2 of the EZ grit guards for the price of  1x CG Cyclone....

https://www.ezcarcare.co.uk/collections/bucket-grit-guards/products/buckets-and-grit-guards?variant=23784248007

Just now, samuir1974 said:

You can probably get 2 of the EZ grit guards for the price of  1x CG Cyclone....

https://www.ezcarcare.co.uk/collections/bucket-grit-guards/products/buckets-and-grit-guards?variant=23784248007

Do they perform as well in keeping grit away from the cloth?

7 minutes ago, HarleQuinn said:

Do they perform as well in keeping grit away from the cloth?

I moved to the Cyclone last year and i'm happy with how they perform;

but as you were on a budget for this.... i dont think the cyclone warrants the spend.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I used the previous version of that to clean the cream carpets in my wife’s car. Worked too well, ended up doing the full carpets rather than just the dirty patches. 

• Like 1

Had my first tub of Fusso Dark Coat delivered today, along with a new 3" backing plate for my portacable DA polisher.

My Octavia was owned by a leasing company and the paintwork looks like it's been exclusively washed with brillo pads (OK slight exaggeration but I'm sure there are lots of you who will know exactly what I mean) so anyone care to guess what I'm going to be up to over the next couple of weekends? :D

Purchased some Gyeon Bathe Essence to try. Studs up well and is very slick on the paintwork. Have used Bilt Hamber Auto Wash recently and it’s a very similar product in terms of concentration, but the Gyeon “feels” nicer on the paint. 

Edited by bigman1976