Amunsen MIB1 Firmware

rdb

Would be interested to know what firmware others have in Amundsen MIB1.

Mine is

Device 5E0035874A

Hardware version: 040

Firmware version: 0435

This is in an August 2014 Built L&K with Canton.

Problems I have are poor zooming on navigation and restricted power output on all audio sources.

Asked a well known West Yorkshire dealer to check for software update at 12 month service. Told there are none

Before I follow up just wanted to find out if there is a later firmware than 0435

Thanks

• Like 1

Pretty sure my Amundsen is the same firmware. I had nav zooming issues, it seems to be a lot better now, since the recent nav update (ECE 2016). How did you find out about the audio power restriction?

I asked about an update whilst at the dealers the other day, as I wanted the option in the individual drive-mode selector of changing the sound generator volume by itself; as is the case on the newest models. Not only did they not seem to know what I was talking about, but said in any case I have the latest software version(s).

See what you get when you put your VIN into http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure this tells you about the firmware update - just nav updates i think, although i see it mentions software but when i needed my Columbus firmware in the vRS updated this was a dealer only install and they had to order the software from HQ

Our scout was built April 2015 (so relatively late MIB1) and has Amundsen but hardware is 041, firmware version is 0435

Edited by Exeterj

^ Whats the difference in hardware versions?

Not sure, can't be much i'd imagine - i don't know what hardware the MIB2's are though, but as our Scout was built week 17 and week 22 was the change over i don't think this is the difference.

I have updated my Amundsen from 0435 to a newer version which can be found on the net. :)

What is the newer version number aki - I'd probably stick with the dealer doing it (don't have vcds etc and its leased) but handy to know the upgrade number.

The update sounds like that on my Columbus (generally better sound) although things started to rattle more in the doors afterwards :think:

I'll let you know about the Columbus on Saturday, I'm getting a chance to check for more up to date versions than 0390 for MIB1 units :)

If anyone needs 0390 I might have a copy ......

You need access to VCP or VAS to clear an error about Software Versions after performing the upgrade - it doesn't affect functionality though, but the dealer will know you have upgraded it :( if you don't.

Edited by andyvee

I have updated my Amundsen from 0435 to a newer version which can be found on the net. :)

I don't want to share the link here to avoid deletion but I will kindly PM it together with the instructions.

VCDS or VAS is needed for the last step of updating (to confirm SW version change and clear some fault codes).

This update is suitable for MIB1 Amundsen and Bolero and can solve some issues (sound quality, FM reception, graphics, touchscreen).

In my case (0435 Amundsen with Canton) I noticed the following:

- far better playback quality (decoding) of lower bitrate mp3's (now it's hard to tell the difference between 192 and 320 kbps)

- some change in EQ frequencies (slightly deeper bass / clearer treble)

- noticeable gain in treble (now +6 is like +9 before)

- some gain in maximum volume without automatic bass limitation

- better shuffle playback algorythm in case of hundreds of mp3's in the same folder (mine kept repeating the same 40-50 mp3's)

- better (but still not perfect) access of SD card on start (occassionally the HU still switches to CD/radio)

I never listen to the radio so can't tell anything about FM reception. :)

UPDATE IS DONE AT EVERYBODY'S OWN RISK!!!

pm

sent

Hi Andy

I have VCDS will tat do it?

VAS is £40 on eBay. Is that likely to work or is it likely to be a dodgy copy?

Thanks

You get what you pay for, enough said. It might need ODIS actually.

It isn't a problem, you just need a friendly dealer when it is next in for a service :)

Update done.

No problems

I used VCDS as per instructions

Thanks to AKI78

Will test for a week and report back if any significant changes / improvements noted

I don't want to share the link here to avoid deletion but I will kindly PM it together with the instructions.

VCDS or VAS is needed for the last step of updating (to confirm SW version change and clear some fault codes).

This update is suitable for MIB1 Amundsen and Bolero and can solve some issues (sound quality, FM reception, graphics, touchscreen).

In my case (0435 Amundsen with Canton) I noticed the following:

- far better playback quality (decoding) of lower bitrate mp3's (now it's hard to tell the difference between 192 and 320 kbps)

- some change in EQ frequencies (slightly deeper bass / clearer treble)

- noticeable gain in treble (now +6 is like +9 before)

- some gain in maximum volume without automatic bass limitation

- better shuffle playback algorythm in case of hundreds of mp3's in the same folder (mine kept repeating the same 40-50 mp3's)

- better (but still not perfect) access of SD card on start (occassionally the HU still switches to CD/radio)

I never listen to the radio so can't tell anything about FM reception. :)

UPDATE IS DONE AT EVERYBODY'S OWN RISK!!!

pm sent